Dr Oliver Is Gone!

Mobi

Sure, and the topic was Dr Olivier is gone. So he is, and the thread should be closed.

He's gone but we were discussing alternatives.

Anything wrong with that? :o

Peace be with you :D

Seems to me that you are all mistaken.

Dr. Olivier clinic is open again as usual.

Can't somebody close his clinic for a few days? Have a break, a holiday or just close temporarily for whatever reason?

And having your house or shop for sale does not mean you will close your business.

Do your research before jumping to conclusions!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't somebody close his clinic for a few days? Have a break, a holiday or just close temporarily for whatever reason?

And having your house or shop for sale does not mean you will close your business.

Do your research before jumping to conclusions!

Wow. For real? Are you sure?

If he is still open, what great publicity for him.

Edited by Jingthing

But Dr Oliver did run a good clinic and was a good GP. If it was serious enough he would refer you to a hospital, or, more likely would send you for blood tests etc, just like they do at G.P.'s surgeries back home. And he wouldn't fill you with a whole range of meds in the hope that one of them might cure you. And you could talk to to him about your problem and he would discuss and explain your condition in a "farang' way, as opposed to most Thai doctors, who are used to behaving as though "they know best" and that you know nothing about medicine.

that is the exact reason why I recommended Dr. Chollada. Instead of prescribing medicine she gave me a diskette on my next visit with tons of URLs and medical articles that she googled up for me after I have been treated for a barotrauma at the BPH - with questionable medications as I know now.

If you go to BPH, the likelihood is that they will do every medical test known to mankind and you will end up with a pretty steep bill, because that place is just there to make money.

see above. For my barotrauma I got totally overpriced antibiotics (which are pretty useless in that case as two doctors I consulted after confirmed), pseudoephidrine (which prompted my visit at Dr. Chollada whom I haven't known until then) and something else which I forgot about.

Correct treatment would have been Vitamin E (I think it was) in high dosage to keep the nerve going. Pseudoephidrine is ok, but has rather a supporting function.

I was recently admitted to PIH following my road accident. [...]I was going to keep quiet about of all of this, but as some people seem to think that hospitals - in particular PIH is a better bet than a good clinic, I advise you to think again.

This why I grieve the closure of Dr Oliver's clinic.

Very sorry to hear about that, and thanks for posting it! This is similar to the horror stories I heard (and witnessed once by myself) about the BPH. Most shocking part is the non-treatment until cash is on the table, closely followed by applying treatments without checking the medical history of the patient.

This raises another question: Is there any hospital in Pattaya that has a reliable emergency facility for people who couldn't make it to the ATM prior being run over by a truck? I for one believed the PIH was such a hospital, but knowing Mobi personally I am convinced he doesn't post any BS.

Sure, and the topic was Dr Olivier is gone. So he is, and the thread should be closed.

Fancy yourself as a moderator ? I know you dream of the power !

No I don't, I would make a very lousy moderator. And it would be too much work. But the power thing would be nice! Give me power!

Sure, and the topic was Dr Olivier is gone. Gone but not forgotten! :D So he is, and the thread should be closed.

Seems like he's back anyway, makes you wonder if this was indeed an elaborate publicity stunt. :o

He could have put a notice on the door "gone fishing" or whatever. Maybe he had a family emergency. And why didn't he leave the receptionist at the desk?

• Thumbs Up 1

That's what I mean - closing shop for a while for whatever reason does not mean he is aleady on the way to Australia...Dr. Olivier is a well respected man in the commuinity with many friends and supporters. He would never run away just like that!

That's what I mean - closing shop for a while for whatever reason does not mean he is aleady on the way to Australia...Dr. Olivier is a well respected man in the commuinity with many friends and supporters. He would never run away just like that!

Well I'm very pleased to learn that the good doctor has not gone.

However, I have to say that if you go to a doctor's surgery in the middle of his usual surgery hours and find the place locked and in darkness with a sign on the window saying the building is for sale, what conclusion would you come to?

No notice advising what was happening - no receptionist to field enquiries. And this isn't a furniture or grocery store, it's a clinic, where people go when they are unwell. Whatever the emergency was, I do feel he should have made some effort to inform his patients of what was going on. How hard would have been to write "Sorry, surgery closed for a few days."? One of his staff or friends could have done that.

And what's all this nonsense about him going to Australia? (

I heard he is heading to Sydney Australia for a hospital there)
The mind boggles :o

At the end of the day, apart from establishing that I am an "arrogant and thankless" person, at least we have the names of a few other medical folk who we can call on, such as Dr Chollada ( I accept your recommendation raro :D ), Dr Mongkol, and Dr (Nurse?) Belen.

That's what I mean - closing shop for a while for whatever reason does not mean he is aleady on the way to Australia...Dr. Olivier is a well respected man in the commuinity with many friends and supporters. What's his name on here? :D He would never run away just like that! That would depend on who/what he was running from. :o

Well I'm very pleased to learn that the good doctor has not gone. Have you been and checked for yourself?

However, I have to say that if you go to a doctor's surgery in the middle of his usual surgery hours and find the place locked and in darkness with a sign on the window saying the building is for sale, what conclusion would you come to?

No notice advising what was happening - no receptionist to field enquiries. And this isn't a furniture or grocery store, it's a clinic, where people go when they are unwell. Whatever the emergency was, I do feel he should have made some effort to inform his patients of what was going on. How hard would have been to write "Sorry, surgery closed for a few days."? One of his staff or friends could have done that. Perhaps you should take this up with Dr Oliver himself next time you see him?

And what's all this nonsense about him going to Australia? (

I heard he is heading to Sydney Australia for a hospital there)
The mind boggles :o

At the end of the day, apart from establishing that I am an "arrogant and thankless" person, at least we have the names of a few other medical folk who we can call on, such as Dr Chollada ( I accept your recommendation raro :D ), Dr Mongkol, and Dr (Nurse?) Belen.

I recommend the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for medical treatment and minor surgery. It is not a rip-off and the Doctors and Nurses have always been very professional. Once when I needed immediate treatment for example, they did not ask for money up-front.

I hate to hear these horror stories from the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They are a pure money making hospital only really suitable for people with medical insurance to fall back on.

For medical consultations I visit a Thai Doctor on Pattaya Tai at the 'Banglamung Clinic' just past the Friendship supermarket. 200 Baht and quick chat with the Doctor and I'm on my way. No problems.

Obviously I know some of you prefer a 'western' Doctor but for minor ailments I don't see any reason to pay 'western' Doctors fees.

I recommend the Pattaya Memorial Hospital for medical treatment and minor surgery. It is not a rip-off and the Doctors and Nurses have always been very professional. Once when I needed immediate treatment for example, they did not ask for money up-front. But are they as dashing as Dr Oliver. :o

I hate to hear these horror stories from the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. They are a pure money making hospital only really suitable for people with medical insurance to fall back on.

For medical consultations I visit a Thai Doctor on Pattaya Tai at the 'Banglamung Clinic' just past the Friendship supermarket. 200 Baht and quick chat with the Doctor and I'm on my way. No problems.

Obviously I know some of you prefer a 'western' Doctor but for minor ailments I don't see any reason to pay 'western' Doctors fees.

I was a "customer' Dr Olivier but last two times, he only said to me if you not pain, it is not bad, without examination.Consulting in hospital a few days after, have fluid and of course have to remove for analysis. For me it is not a good way, not to check the part of the body where you fell not normal.

When you speak for the receptionnist I think when the cat is not there,mice dance.. Often, when I want in Doc olivier clinic, I saw the receptionnis(lady) going to toilet with magazines, so may be she shut the door during this time.

I was a "customer' Dr Olivier but last two times, he only said to me if you not pain, it is not bad, without examination.Consulting in hospital a few days after, have fluid and of course have to remove for analysis. For me it is not a good way, not to check the part of the body where you fell not normal.

When you speak for the receptionnist I think when the cat is not there,mice dance.. Often, when I want in Doc olivier clinic, I saw the receptionnis(lady) going to toilet with magazines, so may be she shut the door during this time.

Intriguing. I wonder what she was doing with the magazines :o

Thank God ! this thread left me feeling a bit unwell and Doc Oliver is my family doctor here in Pattaya.

I have to agree. If Dr Olivier is still working in Pattaya that is good news indeed.

Intriguing. I wonder what she was doing with the magazines :o

Never knowing if the magazines have been in the washroom or not, I can`t go there.

Intriguing. I wonder what she was doing with the magazines :D

Never knowing if the magazines have been in the washroom or not, I can't go there.

Why not Tony ? Broken leg or something ?

Sorry...couldn't resist; maybe watching The Sopranos too much....Tony...you know.... :o

LaoPo