I Said Where Can You Buy Peanut Oil!

Sojourn

Jee-ZUS - stop taking yourself so seriously and lighten up. It was a joke.

This guy walks into a convention center and sees nothing but blondes running around chanting, "53 days! 53 days! We did it in 53 days!" This goes on and on untill in desperation to know what the h#ll they're talking about he walks up to the head blonde and says, "Lady, I've been watching you and your friends running around and chanting '53 days! 53 days! We did it in 53 days' for hours now, so would you please mind telling me what you're talking about?"

Holding up a jig-saw puzzle box and pointing she chants, "It says 3 to 4 years and we did it in 53 days! 53 days!"

I can't beleive there is no peanut oil to be found in the entire country of Thailand.

What's up with that?

Jee-ZUS - stop taking yourself so seriously and lighten up. It was a joke.

This guy walks into a convention center and sees nothing but blondes running around chanting, "53 days! 53 days! We did it in 53 days!" This goes on and on untill in desperation to know what the h#ll they're talking about he walks up to the head blonde and says, "Lady, I've been watching you and your friends running around and chanting '53 days! 53 days! We did it in 53 days' for hours now, so would you please mind telling me what you're talking about?"

Holding up a jig-saw puzzle box and pointing she chants, "It says 3 to 4 years and we did it in 53 days! 53 days!"

I can't beleive there is no peanut oil to be found in the entire country of Thailand.

What's up with that? :D:o:D:D

I Said Where Can You Buy Peanut Oil!, WAKE UP AND ANSWER THE D@MN QUESTION!

buy peanuts and strangle them :o

And just where do you suggest I obtain a peanut strangling device?

I'm not opposed to the idea, and now you guys have got me thinking...no peanut oil in Thailand, huh?

If I opened up a peanut strangling factory, no, wait a minute - I've got an even better idea; instead of strangling them, I could hire some big, fat Issan mama's to stomp 'em into submission.

Dammit! Thanks for the million dollar idea!

• 9 months later...
I think that it is sold pretty much everywhere, hence, no response to your question. :o

Does anyone know where to buy peanut oil for cooking in Pattaya? It is hard to find, even in Bangkok (I had to go to Chinatown to find it).

I have tried supermarkets (T-L, BigC, C4, FoodLand, "Chinese" market on Pattaya Tai, etc.) - no joy. Only Villa had it, imported for 240 B/liter - outrageous! I got it in Bangkok for about 40 B/liter.

I have tried many small market shops, several open air markets & some distributors - no joy.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

pTh

peanuts taste respectively smell like shit and peanut butter tastes respectively smells like shit. i therefore conclude that peanut oil tastes like shit and makes the food prepared with it taste like shit. therefore my question "why would anybody be interested to buy peanut oil?" :D

p.s. ignore my question if you are an American :o

Edited by Naam

Peanut oil flash point is higher than other cooking oils, thus can be used for high temp. deep frying. Works great for turkey, and does not leave a shit taste as some may expect, nless the turkey has not been cleaned properly. I see in supermarkets , but expensive. 40 baht/liter would be acceptable price I would think.

topic title has been adjusted.

humour is good, but it doesnt come across in the title..and something that is seen as screaming the question out at members might not get you the response you want :o

Naam - as the French say, "chacun a son gout" (pardon my French!)

slapout - what market(s)? I have tried many. I have only found soy (tua leuang), never peanut (tua-li song) oil. When I ask the Thais, they only know of soy.

Thanks.

pTh

Edited by pTh