Smc 2+2 Router -

Shah Jahan

For the last few years I was using a SMC 2+2 wireless router with TOT

http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewPro...=4&pid=1588

however earlier this month when all the TOT internet crap started happening, it stopped working. After numerous calls to TOT, they finally came over and were unable to get the SMC to work, but were able to get their little TOT router to work, being short on time and needing to get back online, I paid up and on we went

but that still leaves me without wireless and I want to know why the TOT box works, but not my SMC

it seems to connect, but no IP address is assigned. Can somebody famalir with this router give some input.

I'll have a look at the manual to determine what this router is able to display about the connection build-up.

What could be: your router was configured for PPPoA and your line was changed over to a Fox dslam (TOT uses those as well, but they only support PPPoE). Check your current config, change it over to PPPoE if it was PPPoA and try again.

Can you also post the model/type of your SMC router?

it seems to connect, but no IP address is assigned. Can somebody famalir with this router give some input.

Check the ADSL mode (page 4-73 of the manual). If automatic doesn't work, choose G.DMT

Check the ADSL status page (page 4-74 of the manual). If possible, post a screendump here.

Check the ADSL mode (page 4-73 of the manual). If automatic doesn't work, choose G.DMT

Check the ADSL status page (page 4-74 of the manual). If possible, post a screendump here.

Good to have someone helping. It was already set to PPPoe, but I reaffirmed this,

Model # is SMC7904WBRA2 EUA

I also went and changed to G.Dmt as you recommended

still nothing....

attchd are two scrndmps after I made the changes you recommended/

Lets see what we can come up with

post-13511-1206929845_thumb.png

post-13511-1206929907_thumb.png

I have the same unit on TRUE and is working - my VPI/VCI setting is 0/100 however but that is probably only because it is TRUE if you are sure 1/32 is correct. I would not trust the unit to set up correctly from built in instructions (as it didn't for TRUE).

1/32 is correct for TOT

Well, looks like the connection to the DSLAM is ok. It just doesn't seem to be able to build up the ppp connection, which can be a wrong userid / password. The userid is phone@realm, eg. 075123456@goldcyber (Looking at the speed indication I assume you have a goldcyber package).

Try re-entering your phonenumber@goldcyber and the password is just your phone number.

You can also check the firmware. If a newer version is available, download it and upgrade your router.

I don't know if the router has a log that shows any information about the ppp session build up, but that is where the problem is probably.