Help. Clen Install Windows Xp - No Wi-fi

petedk

I have just made a clean install of Windows XP on my Acer laptop Pc. I reformatted my hard disk thus erasing everything. I have done this many times on a stationery PC without problems.

The problem now is that Windows refuses to find any wi-fi connections. The PC has a Centrino processor and it is as if there is if Windows doesn't accept this. I have tried under network connections but the only options available are high speed LAN connections or dial up. I can see no possibilities of setting up a wifi connections. I have followed the help in Windows help but the options of setting up Wifi are not available.

Do I need to install some kind of driver?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Guest Reimar
I have just made a clean install of Windows XP on my Acer laptop Pc. I reformatted my hard disk thus erasing everything. I have done this many times on a stationery PC without problems.

The problem now is that Windows refuses to find any wi-fi connections. The PC has a Centrino processor and it is as if there is if Windows doesn't accept this. I have tried under network connections but the only options available are high speed LAN connections or dial up. I can see no possibilities of setting up a wifi connections. I have followed the help in Windows help but the options of setting up Wifi are not available.

Do I need to install some kind of driver?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

if you even deleted the hidden Partition with the system software, I assume that you machine came with pre installed Win XP?, than all drivers a gone. What you need are the special Acer driver to get everything back to work.

You can buy an CD by the next Acer Service Center with all drivers and even updates you'll need.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I deleted the hidden partition as I resized my C and D drives.

My machine came with Windows XP pre installed but no Cd with drivers or restore. I'll try and download them from Acer.

Once again thanks for the advice