Thai Embassy Vientiane Laos

Dear all,

I am considering a trip to Laos to apply for said Non O based on my Marriage to Thai partner, I'm preparing the paperwork necessary as stated on Vientianes website:

1. สำเนาทะเบียนสมรส (ฉบับภาษาไทย หรือ ภาษาอังกฤษ)

ถ้าเป็นภาษาอื่นต้องผ่านการแปล แล้วนำไปรับรองที่สถานทูตของเขา หรือที่กระทรวงการต่างประเทศไทยก่อน

Copy of marriage certificate (Thai or English) if other language must translate in to Thai or English which approved by Embassy or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

2. สำเนาบัตรประจำตัวประชาชน

Copy of Spouse's ID Card (Thai).

3. สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน

Copy of House Registration Book (in Thailand).

4. หนังสือรับรองจากธนาคาร พร้อมสมุดเงินฝาก

Copy of Bank Book (in Thailand).

number 4 actually translates to bank book AND a guarantee form (? perhaps a signed letter from Bank stating current Balance??)

I will be calling the Embassy to check what is ACTUALLY required at the time of application and will post here my findings, but meanwhile I'd like to ask if anyone has recently applied for Non O single/multiple and if so what was asked paperwork wise. Thanks in advance for any info, as said above I will post my findings as soon as I speak to the supervisor.

Very best

DSG :o

Dear all,

I am considering a trip to Laos to apply for said Non O based on my Marriage to Thai partner, I'm preparing the paperwork necessary as stated on Vientianes website:

ถ้าเป็นภาษาอื่นต้องผ่านการแปล แล้วนำไปรับรองที่สถานทูตของเขา หรือที่กระทรวงการต่างประเทศไทยก่อน

Copy of marriage certificate (Thai or English) if other language must translate in to Thai or English which approved by Embassy or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

3. สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน

number 4 actually translates to bank book AND a guarantee form (? perhaps a signed letter from Bank stating current Balance??)

I will be calling the Embassy to check what is ACTUALLY required at the time of application and will post here my findings, but meanwhile I'd like to ask if anyone has recently applied for Non O single/multiple and if so what was asked paperwork wise. Thanks in advance for any info, as said above I will post my findings as soon as I speak to the supervisor.

Very best

DSG,

What you might get at best, and I clearly emphasize “might”, is a Single Non-O-Visa. I know of two people married with a Thai wife who have been successful there though already quite a few months back.

Have all the copies as you stated above duly signed and dated by you and your wife. Your Thai bank book must be absolutely in line with a bank statement from your bank that you should ask for 1 day prior you travel to Vientiane. Have your passport, as well as your Stamp to Stay and Departure card copied and do not forget passport pictures. You will need pp pictures also for your Laos Visa to be obtained at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai.

Do not overdue it and ask in the application form (available in the open area of the Thai Consulate in Vientiane) for the Single entry Non-O-Visa and state in the section “Purpose of Visit” clearly “Visit Wife”. I do hope that you were not granted more than 2 back to back Tourist Visas from the Vientiane Thai Consulate during the last 12 months, which again may hamper your success.

If everything should fail, what I just cannot believe, you should still ask them for a Tourist Visa, which provides you with the possibility to proceed for an extension at an Immigration office in Thailand, all depending on your status (Marriage and/or Retirement).

I wish you good luck. And yes, please let us all know how things went.

I've not got through to Laos Embassy and have emailed them twice this week but no reply, it says on the website that single/multiple and even a 3 year non O is available but I have my doubts from others reports.

Must be good if they actually replied to their emails, or maybe this is an asian thing? kii kiat I think it is in thai? Anyone else been over and had success with Non O? surely theres more of you?

If all this bank book info and a high bank balance is required in a thai bank book account, why dont they put it on their website, why do they never state EXACTLY what is required on the website? Its obvious they dont care a hoot about service, information or rules, but then again whats new?

Dear all,

3. สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน

Very best

DSG :D

DSG,

What you might get at best, and I clearly emphasize "might", is a Single Non-O-Visa. I know of two people married with a Thai wife who have been successful there though already quite a few months back.

Have all the copies as you stated above duly signed and dated by you and your wife. Your Thai bank book must be absolutely in line with a bank statement from your bank that you should ask for 1 day prior you travel to Vientiane. Have your passport, as well as your Stamp to Stay and Departure card copied and do not forget passport pictures. You will need pp pictures also for your Laos Visa to be obtained at the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai.

Do not overdue it and ask in the application form (available in the open area of the Thai Consulate in Vientiane) for the Single entry Non-O-Visa and state in the section "Purpose of Visit" clearly "Visit Wife". I do hope that you were not granted more than 2 back to back Tourist Visas from the Vientiane Thai Consulate during the last 12 months, which again may hamper your success.

If everything should fail, what I just cannot believe, you should still ask them for a Tourist Visa, which provides you with the possibility to proceed for an extension at an Immigration office in Thailand, all depending on your status (Marriage and/or Retirement).

I wish you good luck. And yes, please let us all know how things went.