Big Shock In Carrefour

hanibal7

Was doing the shopping this morning and went to the meat counter.To my amazement there was a fairly big rat on the customer side of the counter.The thing was dead but what a site to behold when you are ready to buy some meat.We decided to go to foodland instead.

Do you think that it would be a good idead to notify pattaya people as i feel there should be some health related check at this establishment.

Edited by hanibal7

Health related check? it was probably just rambling along and happened to drop dead, unfortunate but not a disaster of consequence.

Rats are regarded as a treat in the Thai diet I'm suprised it was stilll lying there.

Thais only eat rice fields rats,not town rats.

rAMBLING ALONG AND HAPPENED TO DROP DEAD?????

No doubt its eaten rat poison and i am thinking where is the poison and how much food did the rat sample with his poisened mouth.GET MY DRIFT NOW.

This might just be a Carrefour thing because coincidently we, and everyone else nearby, spotted one in the Carrefour in Patong beach last week. Maybe Carrefour is trialling a new product line, soon to be rolled out to all branches.

My thoughts go to the family of the rat ....

Thanks for that bit of compassion sniffdog!

16 posts on this unfortunate rats demise and all the finger-pointers and armchair Clouseau come out of the woodwork; nobody even hinted at Russians, ya-ba, beach road freelancers, condo views, baht buses, dodgy teachers or visa runners but all the usual nauseous speculation spews forth. No respect for the victim or family. What is this forum becoming I ask you???!!!

RIP rat

I expect rodents will always manage to get to food. However one of the dangers of rats is their urine. They urinate randomly over food stuffs and maybe beer bottles. Leptospirosis is spread this way.

Leptospirosis is a bacterial disease than is best avoided. I know someone who contracted it, and they were really sick for three weeks.

We decided to go to foodland instead.

Not certain it was a good idea... :o

Next time you go Foodland, go at the opening.

You will see employees removing rat-traps and poisoning food plates in the meat and food area of the shop ! :D

I think that RATS are a big problem for most (or maybe all) food shops in Thailand :D

Pattaya46

I think that RATS are a big problem for most (or maybe all) food shops in Thailand :o

Pattaya46

Absolutely, and cockroaches. It is almost impossible to keep these critters out when you have food present even in small quantities. Just one of the little irritations of living in the tropics although they do, of course, exist worldwide but are more prevalent due to poor hygene.

I think that RATS are a big problem for most (or maybe all) food shops in Thailand :o

Pattaya46

Absolutely, and cockroaches. It is almost impossible to keep these critters out when you have food present even in small quantities. Just one of the little irritations of living in the tropics although they do, of course, exist worldwide but are more prevalent due to poor hygene.

Geez, don't Thai cats do any work around here? :D

Pattaya46

And of course don't forget those pesky ants!!!!!!!