Buying A Car On Credit

POMCHOB

My Wife's Father would like to buy a car on credit using her name.

He has made the deposit and now needs my wife to co-sign/gaurantee on her credit ,

he says she will have to come from Bangkok to the South of Thailand to be with him to sign

the papers together, could anyone tell me if this is really necessary?

Would it be possible to fax the Papers to Bangkok and fax back her ID Details with a signature

or even get them to post to Bangkok the original papers to post back an original signature?

I would be most grateful for any help. Thank-you from POMCHOB. :o

The dealer will want copies of her ID card at least, you might try asking for a remote signing & copying sesssion via a fax machine or email at an internet café remotely but I doubt they would accept this.

The dealer will want copies of her ID card at least, you might try asking for a remote signing & copying sesssion via a fax machine or email at an internet café remotely but I doubt they would accept this.

Thanks for your advice Cuban, will find out more on these options cheers :o

Not a chance of posting docs I'm afraid. Thailand has this weird thing about paperwork. The missus just signed up to go to college, she had to be there in person for them to watch her sign copies of her ID card, school papers, family book, 4 photos, etc.

I had to do the same a few days ago to get a residency certificate from the local immigration to renew my driving license. I'm still not sure what they do with all this paper, maybe send it oop north to Chiang Mai to pee off BB et al?

Iv just been through this getting a car on credit in my wifes name with her father having to sign and the finance company were a nightmare he had to be there in person to sign and also show his land book then they said all was OK but next day they phoned to say that his wife had to sign too so another trip back to the dealers then the paper work gets sent off to head office ( in my case bangkok) and we had to wait another 2 days for them to say OK but what they did then was ask for the deposit to go up from 10% to 20 % all in all it took 6 days to get the car when it should have taken 3 max

Not a chance of posting docs I'm afraid. Thailand has this weird thing about paperwork. The missus just signed up to go to college, she had to be there in person for them to watch her sign copies of her ID card, school papers, family book, 4 photos, etc.

I had to do the same a few days ago to get a residency certificate from the local immigration to renew my driving license. I'm still not sure what they do with all this paper, maybe send it oop north to Chiang Mai to pee off BB et al?

Thanks for your reply sweetchariot, you are right after looking further into this, my wife, will have to be at the office :o

to sign the documents.Would be less hassle by post!!

Iv just been through this getting a car on credit in my wifes name with her father having to sign and the finance company were a nightmare he had to be there in person to sign and also show his land book then they said all was OK but next day they phoned to say that his wife had to sign too so another trip back to the dealers then the paper work gets sent off to head office ( in my case bangkok) and we had to wait another 2 days for them to say OK but what they did then was ask for the deposit to go up from 10% to 20 % all in all it took 6 days to get the car when it should have taken 3 max

hello Colino ,No easy ride there then ,you would of thought it would of been an easy task buying a car :o .

Glad you now have it, happy motoring and thanks for your reply good luck from Pomchob

When we bought ours the finance guy came out to the house. Filled in the forms with gobbledegook and went on his way. We had already sorted out in the showroom with the said finance man that it would be put through or we would but a different truck !