Raincoat + Waterproof Trousers

crabstix

Where can I buy a rain coat + waterproof trousers (complete matching set) in Chiang Rai. It's been raining quite a bit recently and I don't really like the idea of risking my life holding an umbrella while riding my bike.

It's a catch 22 because even though you don't hold an umbrella other people will thus making it impossible for them to steer or even see you. Anyhow, I usually buy cheap rainclothes that actually don't break the first time at the afternoon market on the street connecting singhaklai and uttarakit. But, then again you can find rainclothes in any market area or cheap shop nowadays.

It's a catch 22 because even though you don't hold an umbrella other people will thus making it impossible for them to steer or even see you. Anyhow, I usually buy cheap rainclothes that actually don't break the first time at the afternoon market on the street connecting singhaklai and uttarakit. But, then again you can find rainclothes in any market area or cheap shop nowadays.

Unless you happen to be 190cm tall and 120kg. :o:D

I can empathize with your dilemma if you are employed, and need to show up at your classroom, job, etc. in some semblance of un-damp respectability.

For those of us who have cast off these earthly attachments of appearance, wealth, position (and working!), etc.- I find the light nylon swimtrunks, and the 100% synthetic exercise shirts, with flip-flops (North American speak for rubber sandals) are pretty much the perfect sartorial ticket during the upcoming wet season. Especially during Songkran. And I always have my trusty root-your-eyeball-out-at-20-paces water blaster at my side, as well.....

I think the catchphrase is paradigm shift.

Don't think of how you can stay dry.....think how you can enjoy being wet..... :o