Thai Gf To Vietnam

Richie1971

Hi Guys,

I have landed a job in Vietnam for 12 months and due to fly out in a couple of weeks, my employers have arranged my business visa to pick up from the Vietnam Embassy prior to travel, my concern is regarding my Thai GF who is coming with me - she does'nt need a visa to go there and can stay for 30 days and we are obviously going to be staying longer than 30 days - my question is, is it possible for me to get her a visa that she can extend whilst in Vietnam? Does she need prove of onward travel?

If any one can share any of their knowledge it would me much appreciated.

cheers

Richie

Hi Richie,

Congrats! Where is your posting?

Unsure if she needs proof of onward travel. I think that if anyone wants to see this it will be the airline. I have never had to show this to consulates or to immigration on arrival.

As for extending visa, it is quite easy. Just have a travel agent do it in Vietnam. Everyone I know has at minimum a 6mo muti-entry business visa, whether they work or not. Costs around $90-100, with no forms, pics, etc.

Good Luck, and enjoy the journey.

Hi Richie,

Unsure if she needs proof of onward travel. I think that if anyone wants to see this it will be the airline. I have never had to show this to consulates or to immigration on arrival.

As for extending visa, it is quite easy. Just have a travel agent do it in Vietnam. Everyone I know has at minimum a 6mo muti-entry business visa, whether they work or not. Costs around $90-100, with no forms, pics, etc.

cheers socal,

I'm alright but as Thai's don't need a visa for 30 days I'm just wondering how I go about getting my GF to stay in country without having to leave every 30 days.

off to Hanoi - any recoomendations?

cheers socal,

I'm alright but as Thai's don't need a visa for 30 days I'm just wondering how I go about getting my GF to stay in country without having to leave every 30 days.

Like I said, just see a travel agent for her visa. Sure your work can help you, or pm me and I will send out some feelers. Should be no reason for her to do visa runs. I don't know anyone else doing that.

As for reccomendations, don't know HAN that well. Sure your work will help you a lot. If you have the time, definitely check out Ha Long Bay and Sapa.

Im in a similar situation, landed a job however in HCMC starting this Monday. All you need to do is visit a travel agent once your GF is in Hanoi and agent will then apply for a six months business visa (this is how it used to be last year), however I heard that starting from 1st April, government is becoming more strict on this and will only issue 6 month business visas if applicant can show a work permit, therefore she might only receive a 3 months business visa, which can be renewed for approx 80 USD inside Vietnam.

According to labour law, a person may do work in Vietnam for only 3 months time without a work permit and would need to apply for a WP in case longer stay is requiered. Hope this helps, any questions let me know, as I have been working in VN before...

Hi Richie,

cheers socal,

I'm alright but as Thai's don't need a visa for 30 days I'm just wondering how I go about getting my GF to stay in country without having to leave every 30 days. You could always leave her in Thailand and get yourself a Vietnamese girlfriend. :o

Hi Richie,

cheers socal,

I'm alright but as Thai's don't need a visa for 30 days I'm just wondering how I go about getting my GF to stay in country without having to leave every 30 days. You could always leave her in Thailand and get yourself a Vietnamese girlfriend. :D

Why not both? A man of the world like yourself surely has someone to clean his pants and someone for a swift post pub tamper? :o

Hi Richie,

cheers socal,

I'm alright but as Thai's don't need a visa for 30 days I'm just wondering how I go about getting my GF to stay in country without having to leave every 30 days. You could always leave her in Thailand and get yourself a Vietnamese girlfriend. :D

Why not both? A man of the world like yourself surely has someone to clean his pants and someone for a swift post pub tamper? :o

Even if it is your ageing mother and your sister! :D:D:D:DB):D:burp::D