Airport To Khorat To Phimai

Sassie

Hi y'all:

Arriving in Bangkok on April 13 mid morning. Visiting mair (mother in law) in Phi Mai. Used to being picked up by hubby (Thai) but he is not in a position to do so at the moment. Anyway...having never arrived at the new airport and on the assumption family will not be available to pick me up, what is the best way to get to Phi Mai? Years ago, I took the bus to Khorat, then onto Phi Mai.

Are taxis or limos reliable from the airport (to either get to Khorat, then I take the bus to Phi Mai or to go straight to Phi Mai) or would one advise that I go to the Northeastern bus terminal and grab a bus to Khorat and change buses and onto Phi Mai? Or how about, is there a reliable service that I could book from Canada that would pick me up at the airport and at least get me as far as Khorat?

Any cost info? saw a spot on the forum from december re getting to Khorat but not sure if anything has changed in the interim.

I will see if mair can arrange for a ride but appreciate any thoughts, input etc. in the meantime.

Thanks for any replies. Blessed be.

sassie

Taxi's and Limo's for trip direct to Phi Mai can be found at the airport or you can book with meet and greet service like http://www.julietaxi.com or by service offered by this web site.

I have taken meter taxi's to 30 kms north of Korat for 1800-2000 baht.

You have picked one of the worse times to travel by road in Thailand. Its Songkran holiday weekend so good look. Might have to pay a little bit more and expect very heavy traffic going north.