Custom Made Pc

liberiosyah

Dear all,

I am thingking of getting a Cpu which is custom made in Either Pantip or IT mall,

Well my question is that can i ever trust these Thai Technition which will build my Pc..Are they going to cheat me on installiing the second hand parts such as MotherBoard or RAM and Etc ???

Please help me,...I am thinking of getting 17 unit of CPU in the future for my internet cafe...Can the techition comes to my shop and install everything in front of my eyes..while i monitor them ..and offcource i will get all the parts in from a seal box...

Or is there any1 outther a university student or anything that would like to help me built a pc???

I am really concern because a friend of mine who is in Malaysia working for a Computer store told me that 40% of the part in my computer will be second hand...thats the secreat of these people....Mostly they are cheaters....

Or can i get a Custom Made Pc from Compaq or Hp in Thailand??

PLEASE HELP ME.....

regards,

Joe

I really don't recommend getting PCs from name brands... they use parts from the lowest bidder, and cut plenty of corners. They also have proprietary parts, which will make upgrading/changing the system harder.

Shops do cheat. It's just human nature. I have seen plenty horror stories of people getting overclocked CPUs but paying full price, people getting old hardware, etc, and I've actually witneesed a few cases. Whenever I build a CPU, I never let the shop do it, but that's because I enjoy the process and get know the CPU intimately. I also always mod the case for better ventilation, something that the shops can't do.

About the only person you can trust is a friend, and even then friends can cheat friends too. I would volunteer, but 17 units is a bit out of my league. If you can't get a friend, I would recommend going to the bigger, more popular shops, to reduce the chance of getting cheated.

i have had some pcs built and repaired there , its not a problem , they are very cheap on doing the job .

just buy all the parts that you need all over the mall , barganing hard on price for bulks

purchases .

then take them to a builder somewhere.

the cheapest are on the higher most top floors .

second hand parts is not really a problem , there are just not the ammount available to cheat you.

i searched all over for a AMD athlon chip i had to replace , i got one 2hand for 700bahts.

however if you are building a large ammount get them soak tested . ie left on for a weekend before paying up.

i just got a brand new 40k baht computer put together, just sit there and wait while they put it together, they can't really cheat cause at the end product you can see what is in your comp, boot it up and it will tell you exactly what they put in.

p-4 3.0

200G hard disk

1G ram

i use the mother board that support round wire, much faster than the flat wire.

Decide exactly what you want then watch whilst the guy puts it together for you. The extra charge will be a few 100 baht.

Make sure you get all the cd's and manuals for the parts.

Yeah, you first need to decide the components. To do that tell this forum your exact functional requirements and I'm sure some members here will give you some great options.

As Firefoxx said, you can get ripped off if your a complete ludite. You can minimise your chances of getting ripped off if you watch them closely. Make sure you WATCH them take each component out of the box for example.

I've never had a problem with a PC built at Pantip, but I've gone in with my own list of components (and have checked the prices beforehand). And you can always use WCPUID (or similar) to double-check that it's not an overclocked CPU.

The only issues have been on things that I didn't spec. - i.e. CD Roms attached with the 40-pin IDE cable that came with the CD-Rom drive, where switching to an 80-pin cable (i.e. ATA-66 and above) allowed the use of DMA, even with two drives connected...