Hoor Fish-what Is Western Name Or Species?

LtLOS

• 4 weeks later...

You should take a pic of the label n post it so we can read it in Thai. Then we can tell you what they call it, and possibly a better name to google. Or otherwise, switch code n type it in Thai on your keyboard so we can have a good look at it. It will be preceded by the word 'pla' ปลา for fish, and then the name. Whatever word you see after pla is it. When I read 'Hoor' I can only think of the dancers at the Badabing on the Sopranos.

Labeled in english as Hoor fish at Tops, am trying to find out what species this is or the western common name. Any ideas? Googled the name and came up with pretty much nothing.

:o I'm guessing but it might be Haar Fish. If you google that you come up with a lot of entries in Dutch. There is also a recipie for Steamed Chinese Fish With Chinese Salt Plums that looks pretty interesting. A Haar Fish appears to be a type of flat head fish, which apparently looks something like a carp. But don't quote me on that, I'm not sure, and I don't read Dutch.

abeled in english as Hoor fish at Tops, am trying to find out what species this is or the western common name. Any ideas? Googled the name and came up with pretty much nothing.

I think (not 100% sure because the ones in tops are quit small) that this is bighead carp. Eats plankton, hails from China originally.

abeled in english as Hoor fish at Tops, am trying to find out what species this is or the western common name. Any ideas? Googled the name and came up with pretty much nothing.

I think (not 100% sure because the ones in tops are quit small) that this is bighead carp. Eats plankton, hails from China originally.

:o I think that might be it....there is a recipe for a Steamed Chinese Fish With Chinese Salt Plums at this site:

http://www.royalthai-cuisine.com/recipes-eng/m7.htm

It has a picture....and calls the fish Hoor Fish. I tried to paste it yesterday, but the computer I was on wouldn't cooperate with me.

• 10 months later...
You should take a pic of the label n post it so we can read it in Thai. Then we can tell you what they call it, and possibly a better name to google. Or otherwise, switch code n type it in Thai on your keyboard so we can have a good look at it. It will be preceded by the word 'pla' ปลา for fish, and then the name. Whatever word you see after pla is it. When I read 'Hoor' I can only think of the dancers at the Badabing on the Sopranos.

post-24861-1237302859_thumb.jpg