Current Advise On Non-imm. B Visa

Non-immigrant “B” visa;

I am in the process of obtaining a Non-immigrant ‘B’ Visa and would appreciate UPDATED and CURRENT information as to the process. I have scoured the web, this forum, and called Immigration, but as many others am still lost.

In short, I’m a US citizen in on a tourist visa, found a job. I’m awaiting the arrival of my signed contract, via mail, from the company and attempting to plan my “scavenger hunt” to obtain all the required documents.

Can someone, possible who has done this very recently, provide me with a detailed narrative, from step 1, as to how and with what to go about it?? The rules are changing too fast, ahhhhhh

I would appreciate any clarification, please!!!!! Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

DESPERATE for information and clarification!

I found this on the Thai immigration web. I understand I need the form, passport, photos 2, and I have the original work contract signed by the GM stating (my job, description, salary) I also understand they will apply for my work permit after I get the B visa. But….

Specifically-------The letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labor, how do I get that? Do I need it at the border? For the finance part, can I just print off a statement of my account in the USA as proof? I don’t need the work permit copy, 1st post here. I plan to make my way to Penang, and would seriously appreciate someone’s word on this. What included in all that I need for the process?

II. Categories of Visa

2.1 Non-Immigrant visa (category “B” – Business) can be obtained from all Thai Embassies and Consulates provided that the following relevant documents are submitted.

Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand

- Visa application Form completely filled out

- Applicant’s passport with validity not less than six months and its copy

- Two 4x6 cm. full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past six months

- Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 Tel 662-245-2745 / 245-3209 / 617-6578 / 617-6584 Fax. 662-6176576, 245-2593)

[ For those foreigners who wish to work in Thailand, their employer in Thailand should submit Form WP3 (Application for applying a work permit on behalf of alien) together with other related documents such as a certificate issued by the Department of Commercial Registration, documentary evidence of educational qualifications, etc. at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.]

- Official marriage and birth certificate (In case of the applicant’s family members)

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom )

III. Additional Information

3.1 After entering the Kingdom, applicants or their assignee must go to the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment) to apply for a work permit and shall pay the income tax accordingly. If the company’s applicant is located in other provinces, the applicant must apply at Labour Development Office in that province.

3.2 Applicant’s family members, namely; spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old, are eligible to apply for Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will allow to stay from the period of 90 days up to 1 year.

3.3 Foreigners entering the Kingdom under a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) wishing to engage in business activities may apply for a change to Non-Immigrant Visa at the Immigration Bureau Office located at Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel (662) 2873101-10 or at website http://www.police.go.th/thaiimb/frconten. htm. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

3.3 is confusing in that it states under a TS I could just trot down town with all the papers and get a 90 day B visa???? Yet, I guess I should head to Penang?

I forever am grateful for even a bit of help. Thanks!

This is much easier than you think.

Just get a letter from your prospective employer stating your salary, job description.

Take as well a copy of your employers corporate documents; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 7) Last three months of Vat filings. All paperwork is stamped and signed by your employer.

If you have a tourist visa that has 30 days left on it, you can go to the Immigration Bureau Office located at Soi Suan Plu and apply for a change to a "B" visa.

Otherwise go to Singapore or Penang and apply.

www.sunbeltasia.com