Did You Ever Buy Your Girls Any Gold ?

muscleman

All these farangs buying gold rings and chains for their little honey when they went home , but how often did they meet again when the guy returned.

for my part i have bought around 3 girls a small gold ring over around 10 years .

they didnt cost much so its on the general account for services rendered .

In every case i never saw them again so it was cash down the drain .

you know how they are ,once you are gone under guy gets his feet under the table

and a farang is soon forgotten.

so i might as well have saved my money ,but its the same for guys who send money every month .

after a while they realise they have been taken for a ride and someone else has his feet under the table !

without farangs maybe the gold shops in Pattaya would go out of business !

but they all lose big money . :o

yes i have bought the odd piece of gold jewellry for madame palmer, but then we have had a stable relationship for the last 4 years... i certainly wouldn't consider purchasing gold trinkets from Pattaya, or anything else for that matter...

most members of this forum wouldn't dream of buyng gold or 'dating' prostitutes in their own country, so one has to ask the question... why in the los?

i bought my (non-BG) girlfriend a small heart pendant today and gave it to her at dinner this evening. it cost 4500 baht. not the most expensive one, but its nice. we've been together for almost 5 months now, though ..and she buys me gifts (some in the higher price range) too. so its just fair :o

Dude! The money I spend on the GF's gold is a lot less then I would spend dating an american lady, I've bought ex wifes, houses and cars ect. a little gold, just a speck in the grand scheam of things. makes me feel good, makes her feel good, whats the problem?

yes i have bought the odd piece of gold jewellry for madame palmer, but then we have had a stable relationship for the last 4 years...

You've been bonking her for four years surrounded by hay and horseshit because you're too tight-arsed to spring 100 baht for a short-time room ?

Now that is what I'd call "cheap" !!!

Love it Rod. Thanks. :o

Muscleman asked:

"Did You Ever Buy Your Girls Any Gold ?, and did it last ?"

Yes. And Yes.

Yes and Yes too... I think it is better to give them some gold then the usual cash money. I have spent a lot of money on girls, and in the end, all the money (or most of it) went down the drain, buying expensie shoes, a bottle of Black Label when she visits frieds etc etc.

Gold is good, stable and carresses there ego. so everybody is happy. Here comes the best: they also get very horny when opening a present that contains gold, so that is yet another rexcellent reason!

:o:D:D

I once bought a girl a few cans of Gold spray paint..she was 9 and I was 11 and we were spraying our BMX bikes that afternoon.

DJ Pat, thank you for the cherished moment from the past. It brings back those wonderful days of my carefree youth launching off homemade ramps on my BMX

bikes and skateboards. I also remember spray painting bikes and other things as well. Those were the days.

Gold is good, stable and carresses there ego. so everybody is happy. Here comes the best: they also get very horny when opening a present that contains gold, so that is yet another rexcellent reason!

:o:D:D

Yeah right. So better give them a small hint and leave the present closed until after the deed. Saves you half a trip to the gold shop :D

i bought my (non-BG) girlfriend a small heart pendant today and gave it to her at dinner this evening. it cost 4500 baht. not the most expensive one, but its nice. we've been together for almost 5 months now, though ..and she buys me gifts (some in the higher price range) too. so its just fair :o

I bought my BG girlrind a 2 Baht chain 9years ago.

She still has it , we're still together.

Will you still be with yours Ringmain?(*intentional mispelling)

:D

I bought my BG girlrind a 2 Baht chain 9years ago.

She still has it , we're still together.

Will you still be with yours Ringmain?(*intentional mispelling)

:D

you gotta be sh*tting me :D

I think many of you, including the original poster, are just coming from a different culture, where gold jewelery, and especially rings, would be considered things to keep forever, or at least for as long as the relationship lasts. Selling such items would be considered a slap in the face, as the receiver obviously doesn't care about the person who gave her the item....

I suggest for you all to keep in mind that, unless your significant other has a good understanding of your culture, she will consider gold items to be just a more fancy shape of hard currency, or an investment if you will. Kind of like you opening a bank account for her and putting in 5000 baht: In this case you don't expect her to keep the 5000 baht untouched forever, and to her it's kind of the same with gold. The price of gold often goes up, so say you gave her a nice necklace when the price of gold was 5000 baht, but now it's 6000 baht AND she or her family needs to get the roof/motorbike/etc fixed. What then makes more sense is to cash in on the return on investment and sell the thing for 6000 baht..

Think of it as giving someone a high value rare baseball card: It's a nice gift, but basically they're intended to be traded/exchanged. Kind of the same with gold in Thailand.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I've noticed Thai women of all ages and classes wearing gold. I think that Canchao really summed up the Thai attitude toward gold correctly. My wife and her friends are always buying, selling and trading their gold jewelry. In their minds it's almost like money!

Yeah I bought my girl gold.. It made her feel good, gave her that social status / face thing they love so much and looked good on her.. I think it was a 5 baht neck chan and 3 baht wrist matching..

Had one argument when she pawned it to lend her aunt some money and as there above poster states gold is merely a form of hard currency that can be worn...

I still have the wrist chain upstairs somewhere, when I bought it the price was 4800 per baht now its what 7 or 8 ?? I firmly beleive vale of gold will at least double in the next 3 years so cashing it back to the shop seems daft but I wont have any other girl wear the gold I bought for her so its destined to be sold back at some point.