Thaksin Urges Thais Not To Believe Fortune-teller

george

Since it's going to happen anyway, at best your Ching simply confirms it.

As for "tower" - they have no control over courts at the moment. If they can't save their asses through a law re-write, they have no other options but sit and watch and play victim.

If your ching confirms that, you must be doing something right.

Thaksin urges Thais not to believe fortune-teller

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged Thais not to believe a fortune-teller who predicted bloodshed next month.

Before boarding a plane to Cambodia, Thaksin said the people should not be serious about predictions by fortune tellers.

He was approached for comments on a prediction by well-known fortune-teller Warin, who predicted that bloodshed would happen in May and Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Poachida would become the prime minister.

Thaksin said all sides should cooperate to try to solve the country's problems.

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

Samak lambastes fortune-teller

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej Sunday lambasted a fortune-teller who predicted that bloodshed would happen next month.

Speaking during his Talk in Samak's Style live programme on NBT, Samak said a fortune-teller should also have responsibility when saying something. The prime minister did not mention the fortune-teller name but he was apparently referring to a prediction by Warin Buawiratlert.

"He should ask himself what he wants and what his goal is," Samak said.

- The Nation

I think his goal is to be the best possible prognosticator for Pokemon that he can be.....

Bangkok Post / June 6, 2007

Thaksin's wife meets fortune-teller

Potjaman Shinawatra, wife of deposed PM Thaksin, went to see a renowned fortune-teller during her visit to Chiang Mai on Friday, according to local reports. Potjaman met with Warin Buawiratlert and spent about one and half hours with him.

The reports said she did not ask him to predict anything, but instead discussed with him on how to solve national problems and create reconciliation.

Edited by sriracha john

Image90-9.jpg

PM condemns astrologer for dire prophecy about coup

The Prime Minister dismissed rumors of a possible coup, according to the earlier speech by a famous astrologer, and urged political critic Teerayuth Boonmee to be careful when criticizing his government.

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej said, during his TV program "Samak's Talk", which was broadcast today on NBT, formerly known as channel 11, that the coup rumor, predicted by famous northern native astrologer Warin Buawiratlert, is disgraceful.

The astrologer earlier revealed his prediction about the political situation of the nation, saying the Army Commander in Chief General Anupong Paojinda might stage another coup that paves the way for General Anupong to step over the prime minister post.

As mentioned by the famous astrologer, the political situation will be tense and another serious coup should recur. In response to the astrologer's speech, Samak says that such rumors discredit him.

Samak says that the astrologer persuaded locals to participate in one of his rituals, said to be a merit-making ceremony and claimed that those who did not join would face a miserable life.

At the same time, the Prime Minister condemned political critic and Thammasat University's Faculty of Sociology and Anthropology Lecturer Teerayuth Boonmee about his strong criticism over the work of the incumbent Cabinet. In response to the academic's strong annotation, Samak said that Teerayuth should mind himself first before putting blame on others.

Samak says he will continue airing his TV program according to his own style with no regard to comments made by others. He says he hosts the TV program, as a channel to speak to the public and to talk about how he performs his tasks as a prime minister. *His show is great for weekly laughs, too. I see now that he got the desk that he had complained about was missing from his first show. He complained about not having a desk then to conceal his tremendous belly, which was more evident as he couldn't hide it.*

Samak adds that the TV program is aimed at promoting good public understanding of his work. Regarding the earlier press release that the prime minister is planning to open his residence in Nawamin for senate members to offer blessings to him during the Songkran celebration, Samak denied the plan but said that he is preparing to allow no more than 200 press members to meet at the residence on April 13th at around 10-11 am.

- Thailand Outlook (today)

Edited by sriracha john

As usual all the Thaksin basher rear thier ugly heads.

1. The man achieved more for Thailand than anyone ever has

Given the standard of English and paucity of reality displayed in this post I can only conclude that it was written in your sleep and that your education is lacking.

LOL.. Maybe my education is lacking too? I agree completely with him! Or maybe the education of 'everyone who doesn't agree with you' is lacking? Honestly sir, you will find it hard to have anything resembling a normal discussion if you disrespect people who don't agree with you!

disrespect people who don't agree with you

The notion that every opinion has the same validity simply by the fact of its mere existence is plain wrong, just like not every LV bag is a genuine article because it has a convincingly looking label.

Disrespect in this case might refer to disregard for some commonly accepted principles, not specifically to a person who peddles this concoction, for whatever reasons.

I have the impression that many farangs forget that they are a guest in Thailand and should refrain from politic's,not even when you hiding behind a fake name.

And also I never seen in my life a INNOCENT DRUGDEALER>

post-60216-1207531263_thumb.jpg

Post #2

I have the impression that many farangs forget that they are a guest in Thailand and should refrain from politic's,not even when you hiding behind a fake name.

Post #1

I just registered to this Thaivisa,but most things I read are against Thailand,may I remind the farangs here that we are still a guest in Thailand,and that you should behave that way if you not happy here and want to back to Texas to fight the tomatowar why you don't go back and sty there or stay in the philippines.

Are you connected with the new Tourism Authority of Thailand's "We Love Foreigners" advertising campaign blitz?

Farang Prince wrote:

Wow. This is becoming a plot for a "Saturday Night Live" sketch. If it was anyplace but Thailand, you would be convinced that it was a holdover April Fool's gag. But all of us know the Thais are deadly serious about this. And that makes it all the more scary.

TV Posters are omitting two very important events that figure into the condemnation of astrologers by the PPP. In case we have all forgotten, PAD used rumor, innuendo, superstition and black magic in their campaign against the TRT and Taks in the run up to the events of late 06. This campaign of rumor and mysticism was reported infrequently in the English Language press for reasons that we can only speculate (embarrassment?!) However it was critically important in swaying the public’s opinion. The cases in point;

- “The Erawan shrine incident - At an anti-Thaksin rally on 22 March, government critic Sondhi Limthongkul charged that the destruction of the statue was a plot by a superstitious Thaksin who was seeking to maintain power through black magic. The vandal's father dismissed that notion, and was quoted by The Nation as that Sondhi is "the biggest liar I have ever seen."

- The Merit making ceremony - Thaksin Shinawatra presided over a merit-making ceremony at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha which led to deliberate attacks of nothing less than a the most bizarre conspiracy theory I have heard here in the Kingdom. Obviously to repeat them might bring down censure here at TV.

Both of these events were crucial in the run up to the October removal of T. These deliberate attempts to use rumors and mysticism are what soured me on the worthy opponents of the TRT and Thaksin. The ends justify the means, but best not look at the means to closely at it or you may find your deeply disgusted & repelled and hey With friends like these ...

I am waiting breathlessly for the next step in this silliness..."The War of the Fortune Tellers." Each side will hire their own fortune tellers, who will then try to trump the predictions of the other side's fortune teller. They might even be efforts to sabotage the crystal ball and tarot cards of the other side's fortune teller. This could be a prime time television show in Thailand.

:o You're funny! Farangs have no right to discuss political issues! Are you related to Samak, or are you for real?

Edited by KireB

In the hierarchy of mystical powers, I would think that Thaksin's magical elephant wand would easily out-trump any PAD's black magic voodoo

So it doesn't bother you at all eh Sriracha well by whatever means necessary. Just remember you wanted it, bought into it, when you get your wish..

I worked in Thailand during the 80s up to the first year of Chuan I. Ahh good ole clean Gene Chuan, a regular Horatio Alger story that guy. Of course it was too bad about his brother doing the rip and run ... and corruption. Yep the days of the Kader fire remember it well. Listening to the fold here on TV one would get the idea they were halcyon days. I remember them being pretty darn corrupt myself. No suprise there. Be careful what you wish for you might just get it.

This could be a prime time television show in Thailand.

Actualy this has been going on for years, decades, most likely centuries, its just not thought to give a good image to the Kingdom in the west so if we don't write about it in english .... they'll never know. :o

In the hierarchy of mystical powers, I would think that Thaksin's magical elephant wand would easily out-trump any PAD's black magic voodoo

So it doesn't bother you at all eh Sriracha well by whatever means necessary.

Actually, I would prefer they televise something akin to the final battle in Highlander where the Immortals battle each other until "there can be only one."

Lightening bolts emanating from the end of Thaksin's magical elephant wand would ultimately spell doom to the PAD's meager Thaksin voodoo dolls... as they battle atop Baiyoke Tower II.

Lightening bolts emanating from the end of Thaksin's magical elephant wand would ultimately spell doom to the PAD's meager Thaksin voodoo dolls...

:o

Well it was when the PAD and crazy Sondhi put out these mystical conspiracy theories about evil ole tax I had second thoughts about it all. These are the jokers that want to replace T .... deceitfull as the evil one they want to replace. Who would have thunk it

In 2004, state-owned Krung Thai Bank (KTB) shocked Thailand's financial world by reclassifying approximately Bt40 billion as problem loans. It was strongly rumored that M.R.W. Pridiyathorn Devakula, the Bank of Thailand governor, would fire KTB CEO Viroj Nualkhair if he did not voluntarily resign. Viroj Nualkhair was Sondhi's former financial advisor, having helped him IPO one of his first companies.[7] As Krung Thai Bank CEO, Viroj had forgiven Sondhi's debts by THB 1.6 billion and arranged for further rounds of forgiveness. Using all of his media outlets, Sondhi furiously attacked Pridiyathorn and defended Viroj Nualkhair. However, Viroj was eventually forced to leave Krung Thai Bank. Sondhi's public criticism of Thaksin started to increase

oh nooooooooo so Sondhi was JUST another crony capitalist with non performing Pu Yai Loans ? Sad when you see the squalid motivations of the crusading anti tax man. Of course T.I.T.

By definition a drugs dealer is a drugs dealer and therefor guilty of dealing drugs. However, my docile friend - if they are only a suspect then they may well be innocent!

PS Misterman21 is my real name :o

He and The Refrigerator are back at it....

Thaksin, Yongyuth undergo ceremony to terminate bad luck

Chiang Mai - Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and [former] Parliament President Yongyuth Tiyapairat on Saturday underwent a ceremony to cast away their bad luck.

Thaksin, and Yongyuth sat under a make-shift arch made of tree branches and banana leaves.

Deputy Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his wife, [Thaksin's sister] Yaowapha Wongsawat, also sat under the arch.

During the ceremony, Yongyuth was heard saying "this is for casting away bad luck" and Thaksin added "that we did not initiate".

- The Nation / 4-12-08

=============================================================================

With Yaowapha under there, it must have been quite a good-sized archway...

0000003584AVRLL.jpg

Edited by sriracha john

Thaksin urges Thais not to believe fortune-teller

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Saturday urged Thais not to believe a fortune-teller who predicted bloodshed next month.

Before boarding a plane to Cambodia, Thaksin said the people should not be serious about predictions by fortune tellers.

He was approached for comments on a prediction by well-known fortune-teller Warin, who predicted that bloodshed would happen in May and Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Anupong Poachida would become the prime minister.

Thaksin said all sides should cooperate to try to solve the country's problems.

-- The Nation 2008-04-05

I was waiting for this one to come around again check out the following from The Nation:-

Thaksin, Yongyuth undergo ceremony to terminate bad luck

Chiang Mai - Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and Parliament President Yongyuth Tiyapairat Saturday underwent a ceremony to cast away their bad luck.

The ceremony was carried out at the Sri Jomthong Stupa Temple in Jomthong district at 2 pm in the northern tradition.

Thaksin, and Yongyuth sat under a make-shift arch made of tree branches and banana leaves. Deputy Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his wife, Yaowapha Wongsawat, also sat under the arch.

During the ceremony, Yongyuth was heard saying "this is for casting away bad luck" and Thaksin added "that we did not initiate".

The Nation

As said before "Don'tdo as I do, do as I say" Thaksin is BS