The Land Diversity In Thailand

This may have been covered before,so sorry if it has,however over the last few days I have had many conversations with my wife about different crops and what can be grown in the Petchabun region..

I have stated before I am not a farmer so some of this may seem like I am being stupid,however this is how I see,so correct me if I am wrong..

I understand that land can be different in many ways, ie soil types,well in the UK.I am sure the same applies here,however if the land is not say,full of rocks/or all rock,clay or mostly clay,can one not make it better..I may be looking at this too simplistically,but I would imagine that you can add fertillisers to improve the land, as well as rest the land periodically to improve it after growing..

I am sure that there are hundreds of senarios to to this but some basic pointers would be helpful..

Thanks

broad beens are great since their roots hold nitrat spuds or something like that and again will improve the soil quality.

there is a saying in arabic that says the land varies by the hand length, so what might grow in your neighbor's farm might not grow in your farm

I have to agree with Zeid. There are vast differences in land everywhere up here. You will find land that is quite fertile and land that will grow very little. On our one ten rai piece, there are very good areas and very poor areas.