Dried Up Well In New Property

Redted

post-59607-1207630622.gif Moved to a new house over the weekend and shocked to find the well has no water in it.

At first I thought it was the pump playing up, but after priming it water came out into the tank.

It stopped flowing after one minute. The wife asked next door, and they said their well is also dry.

So it cost us 230 Baht to fill up the tank , If we are lucky it will last about a week.

The locals are saying that it is because of the new dame that is being built in the area.

Is there anybody on phuket experienceing the same, and in what area?

Ted.

post-59607-1207630694_thumb.png

this time of year many hotels need to buy water. unfortunately there just aint enough water to go around - at least in patong. my house in kathu had town water and a tank, but i never ran out there. i did hear that there were times that the water did run out though.

What area are you talking about Ted?

I have no problems with my well in Rawai.

The area is Manik. Just trying to establish if the dam has something to do with it.

Donna, So true about Patongs water shortage even in the rainy season they still have a water shortage. And the sewage system is no better too.

Redted, where the hel_l is Manik?

Did any of the recent rains help you at all?

Yes, I was wondering the same.

At work in Kata we have town water, which the last months has been good, no problems. Before there was quite often no water, so we had to buy.

In Rawai where I live we in this time of year quite often have to buy water, but with the amount of recent rain, we have had no problems at all so far.

The area is Manik.

Huggybear, Manik is halfway from the Monument roundabout to the police station in Cherngtelay.

Were the great glove factory is. Manik claims to have a cascade, but I have never seen it.

When the dam is finished land prices around the dam will rocket, so get in quick and buy some.

Who needs a sea view when you can have views of maintains and "fesh water" with abundant wildlife.?

It rained last night but not enough to fill the well. Properly only enough to dampen the the dried surface.

Ted.

Edited by Redted

The area is Manik.

Huggybear, Manik is halfway from the Monument roundabout to the police station in Cherngtelay.

Were the great glove factory is. Manik claims to have a cascade, but I have never seen it.

When the dam is finished land prices around the dam will rocket, so get in quick and buy some.

Who needs a sea view when you can have views of maintains and "fesh water" with abundant wildlife.?

It rained last night but not enough to fill the well. Properly only enough to dampen the the dried surface.

Ted.

Hi RT,

there is a body of water, a small lake near you isn't there? I know when I'm headed in that direction I often notice the lake on my left, about 2kms in from the circle.

What about having the well dug a little deeper? I had success with that last year.

Huggybear, That green looking lake is full of pigs shit ( excuses my French) There is a pigs farm a little further up. Manikin village is up a bit further.

Digging the well deeper is a good option . The wife said it already has 20 rings. I think I will sit this one out for a little longer.

Ted.

Hallo,

the well in my apartment house (11 units) on Nanai Road, Patong Beach, runs dry quite often these days (dry season). Have to restart the pump to the tank 3 - 4 times a day, and buy from water truck (about Baht 800/truck). I think one reason may be the numerous new hotels and guesthouses being built recently or rather being under construction.

Huggybear, That green looking lake is full of pigs shit ( excuses my French) There is a pigs farm a little further up. Manikin village is up a bit further.

Digging the well deeper is a good option . The wife said it already has 20 rings. I think I will sit this one out for a little longer.

Ted.

Hi RT,

as I think our winds have changed, like you've said, you'll probably be alright sitting it out. Water-woes are never fun, I sympathize with you. I was showering at my local sauna for about three weeks last year.

Best of luck and keep up the good posts.

Cheers, HB

Hallo,

the well in my apartment house (11 units) on Nanai Road, Patong Beach, runs dry quite often these days (dry season). Have to restart the pump to the tank 3 - 4 times a day, and buy from water truck (about Baht 800/truck). I think one reason may be the numerous new hotels and guesthouses being built recently or rather being under construction.

2,000. Litres of water cost me 230 Baht. The man who deliverd the water said Laguna area never run out of water.

Ted

Drilled an deep water well in my garden in Kathu area.

40 mtr deep and 3 M3/H in dry season so no complaints from me.

Cost a few bucks but i don't have to worry about a dry well or no goverment water any more.

/quote]

2,000. Litres of water cost me 230 Baht. The man who deliverd the water said Laguna area never run out of water.

Ted

I know that guy, I was close to buying the Sarasin Bridge from him but then decided he was full of sh#&t

post-59607-1207816487.gif

My wife was told that prior to us moving in our new house, the neighbours was using the tap at the front of the house to wash their cars and water plants in front of their houses.

I think its great to find out early, what your neighbours are like ..... Had to buy more water today, 230 Baht.

Changed the tap for one you can use a padlock on. That should tell the neighbours somthing, ah, haaa.

Ted.

post-59607-1207630622.gif Moved to a new house over the weekend and shocked to find the well has no water in it.

At first I thought it was the pump playing up, but after priming it water came out into the tank.

It stopped flowing after one minute. The wife asked next door, and they said their well is also dry.

So it cost us 230 Baht to fill up the tank , If we are lucky it will last about a week.

The locals are saying that it is because of the new dame that is being built in the area.

Ted.

Dig it deeper, not too expensive its your best bet things won't get better :o

Ted.

Dig it deeper, not too expensive its your best bet things won't get better :o

I would follow everyones advise and dig the well the deeper , but going back to the U.K on the 14th April. I think by the time I get back to Phuket the well should be full again. So like I said I will sit this one out, thanks anyway :D

Ted.

Normal wells made of concrete rings can run dry sometimes, especially after a dry spell in the high season when many big hotels are pulling for water. If the well is almost empty, the water won't be so clean anymore. A deep well is obviously the better solution. For a fixed price, they drill into the ground till they hit a layer of rock. In my case: 19 meters. The neighbour was luckier, 40 meters. Then a PVC pipe and the pump are installed. I also have an emergency backup system, consisting of a second smaller pump that can be temporarily used in case the main pump has a problem. Using a deep well, you are sure to have water the whole year round.

Edited by keestha