Bank Forclosed

I remember some time ago when someone had made a posting regarding forclosure properties here in Bangkok. After some searching I was unable to find it. Does anyone have any information (websites, publications, resources, etc.) that would point me towards this type of property listing.

Regards

Walk in to any of the larger bank branches and you will often see displays with pics and/or catalogues.

this is one web site with many listings but you will need a Thai friend to help you read it

www.yello.co.th/bangkokbank

- CB

• 2 weeks later...

some of the larger banks have them on their websites...but again, you will need someone to read Thai.

Beware.....altho they are offered on auction...the banks will sometimes bid against you to raise the price. That happened to me, where i bid slightly over the upset price of 275k and someone in the back bid 500k. I asked my banker friend who that was and she said it was the bank. I then went badk to the desk where i left a deposit to bid and asked for my money back and walked out.

Is that the way auctions work in thailand??

Not in my country or many others, I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...
some of the larger banks have them on their websites...but again, you will need someone to read Thai.

Beware.....altho they are offered on auction...the banks will sometimes bid against you to raise the price. That happened to me, where i bid slightly over the upset price of 275k and someone in the back bid 500k. I asked my banker friend who that was and she said it was the bank. I then went badk to the desk where i left a deposit to bid and asked for my money back and walked out.

Is that the way auctions work in thailand??

Not in my country or many others, I'm sure.

This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy when I think about trying to do business in LOS... But, welcome to Thailand as they say.

I would be would be very interested to find decent 50 meter plus size apt in a good location at a foreclosure sale, no problems with doing minor fix up and repairs. There must be a legit way to bid, maybe hide in the back at the auction and have a Thai do your bidding, who knows...