When Does The Water Throwing Start In Pattaya ?

paul1970

When does the water throwing start and end in Pattaya ?

Hi Paul,

official dates for Pattaya - 13th to 19th (19th being the big day as it's Pattaya's 'own' day).

Unofficial probably 12th (Sat) to 20th, as I know somewhere further south has adopted the 20th as their songkran (Sattahip?).

Bring it on! We should have a Pattaya vs the Darksiders waterfight in the middle of Sukhumvit one day :o

Hi Paul,

official dates for Pattaya - 13th to 19th (19th being the big day as it's Pattaya's 'own' day).

Unofficial probably 12th (Sat) to 20th, as I know somewhere further south has adopted the 20th as their songkran (Sattahip?).

Bring it on! We should have a Pattaya vs the Darksiders waterfight in the middle of Sukhumvit one day :o

no wonder you aint got a job yet sweet charriot, self self self, bolt down the hatches and if ya passing on a pick up and need water to reload, keep going!!!!!!!!

no the official price is a bacardi an coke!!!!!!!!! buy 3 and rest of water is free cos ill be too piss@d!

that 19th that you on about arnt they closing beech road for somthing???

chris

Hi Paul,

no wonder you aint got a job yet sweet charriot, self self self, bolt down the hatches and if ya passing on a pick up and need water to reload, keep going!!!!!!!!

no the official price is a bacardi an coke!!!!!!!!! buy 3 and rest of water is free cos ill be too piss@d!

that 19th that you on about arnt they closing beech road for somthing???

chris

Yeah, beach road closed on the 19th from 9am to 10 pm.

Looks like you won't be having ice in your Barcardi. From Pattaya Mail:

'Although the traditional water sprinkling will take place, police will not allow anyone to carry large PVC water tubes, ice cubes, coloring powders, or anything else considered to be potentially dangerous. Further, vendors will not be allowed to supply drinks in glass bottles. Police have instructions to confiscate these items.'

So they'll confiscate the water tubes and sell them back to the vendors by the truckload as usual, I had 6 confiscated last year :D . And they'll confiscate any bacardi with ice in it :o

Hi Paul,

I totally agree especially as I won't be here LMAO, perfectly timed business trip to Australia, dam_n shame and all that fly out on the 13th and return 19th. Perfect, as you can probably tell I'm no fan of Songkran, if the water wasn't so dam_n cold I wouldn't say so much and so many falang have to take it a step too far so I for one will be glad to miss it for a few days on Bondi.

Enjoy the fun folks :D

Hi Paul,

I totally agree especially as I won't be here LMAO, perfectly timed business trip to Australia, dam_n shame and all that fly out on the 13th and return 19th. Perfect, as you can probably tell I'm no fan of Songkran, if the water wasn't so dam_n cold I wouldn't say so much and so many falang have to take it a step too far so I for one will be glad to miss it for a few days on Bondi.

Make sure you allow a few hours extra to get to the airport on Sunday Paul, traffic will be chaos. Coming back on the 19th will be even worse. Have a good trip, I'll chuck a bucket on Funfun for you :D

Hi Paul,

Bring it on! We should have a Pattaya vs the Darksiders waterfight in the middle of Sukhumvit one day :D

Make sure you allow a few hours extra to get to the airport on Sunday Paul, traffic will be chaos. Coming back on the 19th will be even worse. Have a good trip, I'll chuck a bucket on Funfun for you :D

:o

Hi Paul,

I think to airport traffic will not be affected at all from songkran.In previous years when don muang was the airport there were always huge traffic jams but they only started on rangsit road.Now you don't leave the highway so I guess notting to worry about.

I think to airport traffic will not be affected at all from songkran.In previous years when don muang was the airport there were always huge traffic jams but they only started on rangsit road.Now you don't leave the highway so I guess notting to worry about.

I was thinking more about getting out of Pattaya

Hi Paul, one sure way of finding out is by going out on to the street and pouring a cold bucket of water over somebody - preferbly a Thai. If they laugh and throw water back at you then it has started. If they punch you hard in the face then you are probaby a bit early. Good luck :o

Ah but you forget, being on the Darkside I'm already out of Pattaya. Down to the end of Soi Nernplubwaan, a short trip round lake Maprachan and I'm on Highway 7 in 10 mins max.

Ah but you forget, being on the Darkside I'm already out of Pattaya. Down to the end of Soi Nernplubwaan, a short trip round lake Maprachan and I'm on Highway 7 in 10 mins max.

then the 2 hours airport, then que imigration then 2 hours wait then the flight to aus??

gimme a bucket of water anyday!! :o

then the 2 hours airport, then que imigration then 2 hours wait then the flight to aus??

gimme a bucket of water anyday!! :D

Actually from where I live I will be in the airport in 1.5 hours, through Immigration in 10 mins (business) into the lounge for some free beer sleep on the plane, before I know it I'm in Sydney, the only downside is 1 week with the Aussies........fuc_k me what am I thinking pass the fuc_king hosepipe :o

19th April is Pattaya songkrawn day, but I hope that most of you will join me in Bangkok to greet the Olympic torch relay and protest loudly at the massacre of Tibet monks. Bring your fire extinguishers! See you there!

Good luck libya!

The way that our sycophantic hosts toady to the Chinese (and Burmese), I doubt that anyone with morals, a fire extinguisher or a songkran bucket will get anywhere close to pissing on the Chinese's "bought-and-paid-for" Olympic flame.

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: April 11th 2008 Edition: From Mailbag:

Hunkering down for Songkran

Editor;

As a 4 year “retired visa” holder I fill my refrigerator, buy non perishable food items, water (to drink), movie videos, and sit out this out dated, over rated, actually childish, non “holiday”, in my residence.

As a global traveler I have witnessed/been a participant in many unusual, unique, interesting and, yes, even strange and weird ceremonies, but this one is just silly, dangerous, and a waste of the water Thailand says is in short supply.

If enough of the “money” stays home maybe the business people will hurt, financially, sufficiently enough to modify or end this distorted tradition.

Don Aleman

GTFOOT: Get the Frock Out of Town.

A stupid holiday. In the past, a lovely traditional event to honor the New Year by pouring soft water on the elderly.

Today, a stupid 7 day event of trying to harm others with your motorbike by dousing freezing cold water on folks, spraying their faces as they drive down the road with 7 drunk fools on board the bike, hoping to slam into some innocent folks on the sidewalk in order to inflict as much pain as possible.

Alternatively, you can hide inside your home and order pizza for a week.

This is better than celebrating a foolish event with a city full of criminals and hooligans that are trying to cause injury because of a lifetime of jealousy and rage pent up inside.

GTFOOT: Get the Frock Out of Town.

A stupid holiday. In the past, a lovely traditional event to honor the New Year by pouring soft water on the elderly.

Today, a stupid 7 day event of trying to harm others with your motorbike by dousing freezing cold water on folks, spraying their faces as they drive down the road with 7 drunk fools on board the bike, hoping to slam into some innocent folks on the sidewalk in order to inflict as much pain as possible.

Alternatively, you can hide inside your home and order pizza for a week.

This is better than celebrating a foolish event with a city full of criminals and hooligans that are trying to cause injury because of a lifetime of jealousy and rage pent up inside.

Where can I buy this 'soft' water to drench elderly moaning gits pls?

I'm not a crim, or a hooligan. I am not jealous or full of rage. I certainly don't try and cause injury. Does that mean I'm not allowed to play?

Stay at home with your pizza, we don't need any more whiners spoiling it for everyone else. I will pay special attention to any pizza delivery guys that I see, so you will get a taste of what you are missing :o

Dear Don,

if you could actually string a sentence together that is coherent, then I would possibly agree with you. As it is I will be the first one to drench your illeterate arse as a matter of principle.

Hahahaha! Isn't spelling a part of literacy?

Don's message was well written and easy to understand. I agree with him 100%.

Dear Don,

if you could actually string a sentence together that is coherent, then I would possibly agree with you. As it is I will be the first one to drench your illeterate arse as a matter of principle.

Hahahaha! Isn't spelling a part of literacy?

Don's message was well written and easy to understand. I agree with him 100%.

OK, busted. Typing <deleted> when you're pissed takes years of hard work and dedication you know, I am still a trainee :o

Where can I buy this 'soft' water to drench elderly moaning gits pls?

Soft water is not an adjective describing the water, but rather a form of speech that is describing the soft and gentle way of the Thai traditional water festival. Have you ever seen the Thais gently drop water on Buddha figures? This is the true way and spirit of the holiday.

Instead, a bunch of Thai and farang ass*oles have decided to take over the streets for seven days of their own brutal water attacks.

Just wait for that one drunk person to slam a beer bottle over your head and then drive your a*s down on their motorbike.

I am not worried about the pizza delivery. Actually, all of my meals are prepared in-house. So, you can do what you wish to the pizza guy!!!

Edited by innovator

OK, busted. Typing <deleted> when you're pissed takes years of hard work and dedication you know, I am still a trainee :o

Well now that I know you post pissed, I won't take your "<deleted>" so seriously in future. :D