90 Days After Tourist Visa Extension

A few months back I received the 60 days extension on my single entry tourist visa on basis on marriage to Thai wife. At Immigration they told me I should report back to them May 21st. In a few weeks I am off to Ozzy for Non O, now If I am leaving Thailand to get this new visa, so do I still need to go report on the 21st May? As I will have left the country and come back in. Any advice please fellas? Ive never done this 90 day before.

Very best :o

DSG

You only do 90 day address reports if you have been in Thailand 90 days; so if that is the reason they told you to report on that date you do not have to do so if you just returned from outside the country.

Lopburi,

Thanks for your reply, so I can ignore this peice of paper telling me to go to Immigration on the 21st May right? So why did they put this in my passport, as they know I will have to leave within 60 days( they put this in when they gave me (reluctantly) the 60 day extension) whats the point of it? They know I have to leave to get another visa right, so why make me return on 21st May? What will happen to the peice of paper 90 day report in my passport will this get taken out at check out/Immigration Suwwanibphumi when i fly to Aus?

Thanks again Lop, what would I do without you man, jeez. :o

Best DSG

You only do 90 day address reports if you have been in Thailand 90 days; so if that is the reason they told you to report on that date you do not have to do so if you just returned from outside the country.

As mentioned earlier, you can ignore the 90-day reporting requirement, if you leave Thailand before 90 days have passed. The piece of paper will not be removed by Immigration at the airport - you can remove it and throw it away after you leave. The 90-day period will restart when you return to Thailand.

Thanks for the reply, what I want to know is why the devil would they have put it in my passport then, they knew I was allowed a 60day extension and therefore would not be coming back to Immigration to report as new visa etc. Or is this the normal process?

At the time the lady said why you not report, I said erm isnt it the Thai landlords duty to do this 24hours upon arrival, so she said you report today and 90 days come back? I think they are trying to catch me out here!? So I can tear up the 90 day paper they stapled in my passport, when do I have to go back to Immigration for this 90 day thing? Why dont they make the rules clear? I thought it was only when your here on an extension of 1 year! If I get my Non O multi I will be leaving every 90 days so no need to report at immigration office right?

:o

thanks again! :D

As mentioned earlier, you can ignore the 90-day reporting requirement, if you leave Thailand before 90 days have passed. The piece of paper will not be removed by Immigration at the airport - you can remove it and throw it away after you leave. The 90-day period will restart when you return to Thailand.

I expect they put it there because a normal procedure would be for you to use the extra 60 days to arrange a one year extension of stay (40k monthly family income provision) and the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report - so 90 days later, assuming you obtained the one year extension of stay, you would be due for a report. Without knowing the exact dates can only guess above was the reason.