Adding My Wifes Name

Hi everyone, me again :o

Just want some advise on the following question, short and sweet folks :D

I have had my name down on the council housing list now for around eight years, Me and the wife are starting to look for our own place at present but just want to know if adding my wifes name to mine on my housing number would benifit us.

The reason I ask is, if I did this, all letters would be sent jointly in our names, this could benifit us come ILR.

Im sure I read somewhere on a previous post that they could see this as relying on public funds, I dont know how they could see this.

How it works is, every wednesday new houses/ flats etc come out at the housing, you can bid up until the following tuesday, then the bidding closes.

These council houses/flats are for working people too, not just for people on the dole.

I work and will be paying rent on these properties, so I cant see how putting my wifes name on all letters sent, would be that we are requiring public funds, as to living in a council house/flat.

Please advise :D

Its just I would like to get my wifes name on some of my letters, I want to start early and give a good application for ILR.

Cheers Scotty & K

Again cheers scouse

What about if I got a council flat, would they see me as requiring public funds? I work full time, would be paying the full ret which range on the council from £45 to £ 80 a week.

We live with my mother at the moment, her home is on the council, and we got the visa with them knowing this.

If I got a house/flat on the council, and if I added my wifes name to my council tax, utility bills etc would this be seen as public funds for her??

Cheers

As a British citizen, you are entitled to an allocation of council housing and your wife, irrespective of her nationality, may live there with you. Your wife can be named on the council tax and utility bills, but do not claim Housing Benefit in your wife's name until she has her indefinite leave.

Scouse.