How To Tell A Thai In A Polite Way That She Is...

Baaksida

I am pissed off, that a former teacher of my fiancee did complain to her 'that she's living together with a farang' (and therefore no good girl...) :D

My girlfriend is not a bargirl (but a student), so this comment bothered her very much, and she was crying...

Usually I would kick the ass of everybody, who does like this woman did with my fiancee... :o

But in this case I can't. But still I want to tell her in a polite (Thai) way that she is an *sshole...

So, what is a good way to do it? How would you guys do it? :D

You should tell her that as a person of relative knowledge and authority, it is amazing to see such racial comments and prejudices. Such narrowmindedness ( kit kaep kaep) is what keeps Thailand a third world country. Those who know Thailand, know that all the women are not whores, so why assume all farangs are bad and whoremongers? :o

Teaching is an ability you are born with and for some people...all the training courses in the world won't help them - even with showing hate for other cultures.

Your best and most appropriate action would be to ignore the hate given to your girlfriend...any further visual contact with this person should be adjusted with turning your backs on the person to show no further contact is wanted....and any further contact should be shown as above....its polite and to the point for your requirements if she is so upset....as you stated - former- so should not bother you both each day....dont go getting yourself in the same thought pattern as the former teacher....

anyone wanna be a teacher - should learn from this.....

put a smile on her face...google - 100% must read this link from study carried out

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobinfo/asia/sefer....34212-26896.txt

I am pissed off, that a former teacher of my fiancee did complain to her 'that she's living together with a farang' (and therefore no good girl...) :D

My girlfriend is not a bargirl (but a student), so this comment bothered her very much, and she was crying...

Usually I would kick the ass of everybody, who does like this woman did with my fiancee... :o

But in this case I can't. But still I want to tell her in a polite (Thai) way that she is an *sshole...

One of the most important things that you should carry around in life is a really good BullS**t filter. Whatever you are doing, whatever your agenda is for a given task, be it going out for a beer with your mates, having a nice stroll in the park with your wife,running a successful business etc.. , there are usually only a small discrete set of factors that you should allow to occupy your mind at any one time. Anything else is external , irrelevant BullS**t and shouldn't get through the filter.Overtime,with continued use, the BS filter becomes engrained into your subconscious and you become a much more effective thinker / utilizer of your mental time.

I would ignore her but that's me and it sounds like it is hard for you.

Maybe the teacher is jealous, when my mom married my dad (mom is thai) and (dad is farang) she got jealous looks from the other women she knew. My Mom and Dad met while the vietnam war was going on.

You would just make a small problem much bigger if you tell how you feel about this teacher, You know all about your GF Why worry about what others say!!

:D

I am pissed off, that a former teacher of my fiancee did complain to her 'that she's living together with a farang' (and therefore no good girl...)  :D 

My girlfriend is not a bargirl (but a student), so this comment bothered her very much, and  she was crying...

Usually I would kick the ass of everybody, who does like this woman did with my fiancee...  :o

So, what is a good way to do it? How would you guys do it?  :D

I would ignore her but that's me and it sounds like it is hard for you.

Maybe the teacher is jealous, when my mom married my dad (mom is thai) and (dad is farang) she got jealous looks from the other women she knew. My Mom and Dad met while the vietnam war was going on.

You would just make a small problem much bigger if you tell how you feel about this teacher, You know all about your GF Why worry about what others say!!

:D

I agree. Drop it entirely. Pushing it will prove counterproductive for you and your lady. It'll be a lose lose situation.

You should tell her that as a person of relative knowledge and authority, it is amazing to see such racial comments and prejudices. Such narrowmindedness      ( kit kaep kaep) is what keeps Thailand a third world country.

Actually, she's now the manager and also (Thai) English teacher of a well-known language school... :o

She frequently travels to Malaysia and even has a relationship with a man from Malaysia... :D

Baaksida..........you should tell her to mind her own business and she has no say in it. She may be a manager or whatever but very narrow minded. You and your gf are adults. Tell her to bugger off!! :D

As for dating a man from Malaysia...........the men there are even worse ....nothing to shout about. He could be married for all you know so she could be a "mia noi" which is worse!!! :o

Actually, if the woman is an upright (uptight) traditional sort she would be correct. This should be no surprise, I mean would not a 'traditional' old values person say the same thing in your country?

Now, the reality is Thailand is a crazy place and people get thru life in all manners. But remember you are evil. Foreigners are not welcomed into middle-upper middle class familes (with scant exception, good jobs, big money and a ticket out for the daughter). Less than that pal - you're a dog, get used to it or move to Cambodia, Indonesia or the RP where you'll be more welcome.

Ride any transport in BKK in modest dress, the women will do everything possible not to sit next to you no matter how dashing you are -the case is made.

Ride any transport in BKK in modest dress, the women will do everything possible not to sit next to you no matter how dashing you are -the case is made.

True. :o

OK, the reason for my question was, that she is one of my employers, so I see her almost every day.

I guess, that I did it rather the 'Thai way', seeing her again after the incident...

Smiling less than usual, I asked her for the pay, which I actually hadn't expected.

(I did some job for the school, not caring much about the money, but about my students.)

So, the school basically could have had my services for free, but because of the 'dog's mouth' of the manager they had to pay me 600 baht (which I gave right away to the 'missus' as compensation...) :D

I don't think there's any issue with the teacher that's worth your time and bother to address. However, noting that your fiance did not stand up for herself, and came home crying, I think your efforts should be directed at your fiance, not so much the person who said bad things to her.

And for starters, a good thing to remind your fiance of is to make her think how many people she knows that are really nice people, and approve of you and of your relationship. Surely they're a majority? So no need to let a single bad apple spoil her mood.

Cheers,

Chanchao