i have just arrived back in the uk for two weeks, is there anyway i can send money from here to thai bank?? can i have account in thailand. i have been using atm whilst over there but as i am planning business/house options may need money available.

can anybody help??

i have just arrived back in the uk for two weeks, is there anyway i can send money from here to thai bank?? can i have account in thailand. i have been using atm whilst over there but as i am planning business/house options may need money available.

can anybody help??

No longer possible unless you have a non-immigrant visa or work permit. No more money laundering here through the banking system  :o

You will have to be here in Thailand to open an account so for now you should sign a wire transfer agreement with your home bank (if laws are like in the US); so that when you get an account here you can telephone or fax them to make transfers.

You will only be able to open a passbook saving account and tax on interest in only collected if above 10,000 baht per year.  Do not believe anyone has been required to pay income tax on money brought into the country for home or business but believe by law it could be.  But am not versed in this.

You can open a normal bank account at many of the Main banks in Thailand  ie:  Krung Thai or Bangkok Bank to name a few but you need to be here to do that.

Once you have an account opened you can do transfer's from the UK direct to your account in Thailand using your sort code and account number and branch details.

I have transfered monies from the Nationwide Building in the Uk without any problems.

Regarding tax, well that is upto you and your accountant(if you have one) if you don't well there are around 30 million people in the Uk they are inspecting, so you will not be at the top of their list if you see what I mean.

No I don't condone tax evation but nither do condem it.

Regards

Sev

???

thanks sev.

i have a nationwide account so thats good to know, did you transfer large ammounts no problem?? did you just give the thai bank your details and as easy as that to transfer??

thanks again...andy.

I have transfered money from Uk banks To Thai banks on several occasions using the SWIFT system for £20 fee (Nationwide)You just have to find out the SWIFT address of the bank you want to transfer the funds to.It can take up to 5 days for the tranfer to take place,though it is usually faster than that.There doesn't seem to be a limit to how much you can tranfer this way,although I suppose there must be!

You can open a Bangkok Bank account in London - here's their address:

61 St. Mary Axe London United Kingdom EC3A 8 BY

Tel : (44-207) 929-4422

Fax : (44-207) 283-3988

I just opened one in Los Angeles when I was visiting a friend there a few weeks ago.  That account will now show up at every Bangkok Bank branch when I get back to Bangkok.  

It is also possible to get a bank account in Thailand without a work permit or non-imm B.  I opened an account at Thai Farmers in Bangkok less than a month ago. No work permit yet. Took 10 minutes and a few baht for the ATM card.  No problem.

Hi all

pramila is right but you will also need to take

your passport with you and proof of where you live/staying, ie: condo bill, hotel receipt/buisiness card of hotel etc,

but this may change as I heard about 2 months ago when I was there some of the banks may be bringing in a new policy where you will have to supply 6 months min rental agreement to combat fraud etc whether this applies to Thais is another matter (double standards again one can assume, as we all know some move around alot).

The quickest & instantanteous way I've found to transfer money is to have an account or two in your home country with access to digital banking preferably one checking and one savings with a (cirrus/maestro logo) on the back of the ATM card, give this ATM card to your partner who can withdraw any ammount (depending on your cicumstances/arrangments with your home bank) and deposit this into your Thai account or whatever, all within 15 mins, a good way if you want the best out of the baht. Your home bank charges may vary so telephone in advance, a typical example of mine recently was 10,000bt and I was charged £2.13 which is roughly the same some of the UK banks charge to use each others ATM's hope this can of help to some of you.

Regards S.

Not very fast servinnow coz she's got a ball and chain round her neck attached 2 the bed & kitchen as any future bride should hav.

I understand wot your saying but u've got 2 trust them sometimes, (my babes ok).

Regards S.