1am Closing Confirmed?

davethailand

I've just had a call from my lawyer who has just been with the chief of police in chonburi.

He's recieved the official paper from Bangkok regarding all business to close by 1am, :D apparently its been approved and its coming into effect.

He's bringing me a copy of it tonight.

Anyone heard anything? :o

I've just had a call from my lawyer who has just been with the chief of police in chonburi.

He's recieved the official paper from Bangkok regarding all business to close by 1am, :D  apparently its been approved and its coming into effect.

He's bringing me a copy of it tonight.

Anyone heard anything? :o

Well I am intrigued!

Why is your lawyer meeting with the chief of police and then why is he bringing you a copy of this official paper tonight?

Do you have a business that will be affected?

I live in the States Florida I reside in what use to be a big Spring Break spot not anymore Now students go to Mexico or other places most night spots around here have last call at 2am but can stay open until 3

but 1 am in Thailand!!! Not fair at all :o

All a bit crazy and sad :D

Only a couple of years ago we could stagger off from Soi Diamond-the roundabout bar,jump a Song T on 2nd Rd.and have a last one in the Malibu at 5-6 am.in the morning,then watch the sun come up...beautiful.

Might have been in my innocent period but that was what the memories and magic of Pattaya (and whats keeps us all coming back again)was all about. :D

Even in my present neck of the wood (Enfield-Voted Londons most BORING Borough)our local gin joint is open to midnight.

Where I work (Islington) 2am is quite normal and I know of a nice little boozer near Kings x Station that shuts at 3 am.which is handy if you miss last train.

However for Pattaya which is recognised everwhere as the Worlds No.1 Entertainment City is /or will now call it a night at 1-00am is well a bit....... :D:o

But I thought Walking street area was a "zone" so open till 2am?

Also they are going to need a lot of police to enforce it,maybe the falang police volunteers's will help.

Thats why they have been doing all this training :o .

so thats what all that parachute training was all about.

the farang police volunteers will parachute onto the roof tops of buildings suspected of selling beer at 1.15am, break through the roof and extort money,OOPPSS i mean close them down and fine them. :D

Also they are going to need a lot of police to enforce it,maybe the falang police volunteers's will help.

the farang police volunteers will parachute onto the roof tops of buildings suspected of selling beer at 1.15am, break through the roof and extort money,OOPPSS i mean close them down and fine them. :D

LOL

excellent :D:D:D

:D:D:D

Me. I wish they would enforce it, but then, I don't own a bar either.

Pattaya is such a cr@ppy place anyway, can't see how it won't be an improvement.

If its a crappy place then you obviously don't live here?

If you don't live here and it's a crappy place then you obviously don't holiday here?

So why does it bother you? Burrito Boy :o

Once again a reason to stop partying in Thailand. Thai policy is wierd.

Having just spent sometime in Tokyo, you realise how stupid the whole thing is. I was able to party until dawn, didn't do me or anyone else any harm. We don't need to be treated like children, those who wish to stay at home may do so; but please leave the rest of us to make up our own minds.

Hi... I guess if the bars and clubs close at 01:00am then the streets will be busy?

isn't that what happens now anyway... I remember walking along sukhimvit at around 02:30am and it was full of all sorts of people...

I can't see things changing that much

last night the bbc news had a piece about thailand ,and the big changes that are occurring in the entertainment sector.

the reporter mentioned the war on drugs with specific regard to "street executions", surprise raiding of bars and places of entertainment with urine testing of all customers for drugs, and when no drugs were detected during one such raid the disappointed police chief decided to check all foriegners to see if they were carrying their passports , a truckful of falangs were subsequently driven off to pay their fines.

the end of the item was about the new early closing regime and he concluded that it was probably safer and as just as much fun for tourists to stay in their hotel rooms after dark. :o

If tourist numbers are down next year the government will not see it as a reflection of the social order campaign; they are more likely to blame bird flu and trouble in the south. When they may see sense is when the tourists that come next year don't return (repeat tourism is very big here) and tell their friends not to bother.

The bar hours law was aimed at preventing underage drinking. Strict ID checks and higher taxes on local and ASEAN booze would have a much greater effect.

1am is stupid in farang-orientated tourist areas. I await the result of the Phuket deliberations (Wolfie's link) with interest.

dave- don't think payoffs will make any difference?

They would'nt. but i meant was Pattaya as a whole- Excite, Hollywoods and the other thai owned places (Bangkok thai owned also) and of course the thousand other bar owners.

My place would'nt be able to do anything. :D I would'nt even offer. :o

Is it all falang orientated?

I mean, is it only in tourist areas?

Do all the Thais have to knock off at 1am?

Places falangs don't venture?

If the falang sex industry is only the tip of the iceberg as such, then surely the nightlife, licensed premises etc is proportionate?

Is it just me, or is the whole place seeming more unfriendly to certain sectors of tourisim?

One could go out earlier, but it dosen't work like that does it?

Then again, if theres one fickle place it's gotta be LOS.

If tourist numbers are down next year the government will not see it as a reflection of the social order campaign; they are more likely to blame bird flu and trouble in the south. When they may see sense is when the tourists that come next year don't return (repeat tourism is very big here) and tell their friends not to bother.

The bar hours law was aimed at preventing underage drinking. Strict ID checks and higher taxes on local and ASEAN booze would have a much greater effect.

1am is stupid in farang-orientated tourist areas. I await the result of the Phuket deliberations (Wolfie's link) with interest.

The Thai Government doesn't believe in Bird 'flu. It'll be down to something else.

Is it all falang orientated?

I mean, is it only in tourist areas?

Do all the Thais have to knock off at 1am?

Places falangs don't venture?

If the falang sex industry is only the tip of the iceberg as such, then surely the nightlife, licensed premises etc is proportionate?

Is it just me, or is the whole place seeming more unfriendly to certain sectors of tourisim?

One could go out earlier, but it dosen't work like that does it?

Then again, if theres one fickle place it's gotta be LOS.

No Medicinebox it's not just you. I live in a city in the south. Bars in the tourist areas have been closing at 1am for the past three weeks and this is being strictly enforced.

Last weekend I ventured off the beaten track to some of the thai orientated bars. Surprise, surprise these were open until 3am. Most of their clientale were Police!!

Sadly, under Thaksin, Thailand is becoming less tourist friendly.