Bigleys Wife Not Mentioned On Bbc News

Liverish

they had a big story on Bigleys murder ,but no mention of his Thai wife .

strange to not even mention his wife .

The murder is the story not his wife the media goes for shock value sir or you did not know this??

Mrs_Bigley.jpg

Mrs. Ken Bigley My condolences to her and her family

Wrong!

The BBC did run film of and give a mention of Mr Bigley's Thai wife.

No body has got it in for the you OP.

It was Ken Bigley who was the vicitim not you and not interacial marriages.

I don't think everyone gets the chance to see every news story don't you think??

she has been featured regularly on the bbc tv and radio news in the uk, both before and after ken bigleys dreadful murder. this story is very big news in the uk.

she has spoken eloquently of her husband and how much she will miss him.

my sympathy goes out to her and to kens family in the uk.

she has been featured regularly on the bbc tv and radio news in the uk, both before and after ken bigleys dreadful murder. this story is very big news in the uk.

Agreed, have seen and heard the same.

Also heard in the news here that he had convinced a "sympathetic" member of the kidnap team to assist him in an escape attempt. According to the report, they were both later ratted out after escaping and recaptured.

Talk about guts and courage under fire!! If only ... but now only RIP and best wishes to surviving family on both continents.

UK Foreign Secretary was busy phoning Bigley's brother in the UK,

BBC Jack Straw at the UN Tuesday 5th.

Today's paper says that Queen Elizabeth has written to Bigley's mother.

No mention of Mrs Sombat Bigley!!!

She also needs sympathy and support.

Disgusting racial bigotry!!

Edited by astral

Astral, Jack Straw was reported on BBC News as having spoken to Mrs. Bigley.

The British Deputy PM was also reported as briefing the Thai PM on the outcome so l think there was contact with Mrs. Bigley, it just wasn't reported a lot, perhaps she requested privacy.

Never mind mentioned at the BBC. I wonder if she is mentioned in wills, insurance policies and pention plans?

Guesthouse, l fail to see how that is of concern to anyone other than Ken Bigley's immediate family. Would you want your personal arrangements disclosed for all to see?

the Bangkok Post and The Nation both ran the same Reuters story (short) the day after his brutal murder. No mention of Khun Sombat. The Nation's was on page one. But the BP used a caption on the top of page 1 to refer to the article on page 6. The caption said something stupid like "all hope is now gone" or something like that.

Highwayman,

The oordeal of Ken Bigley's death has, I am quite sure, been unbearably painful for his all his family, his family in the UK and his wife in Thailand.

The next ordeal is sorting his affairs out.

I have acted as executor to the will of a British friend who died in Thailand, I convinced him of the need to make a will when he was taken ill by cancer and I had the awful job of helping people understand why he allocated money and property in the way he has.

How does that relate to this case.

I don't know, that it does, but the discussions regarding were they married in British law, did they register at the embassy, did they indeed register at the Amphur are all relavent, not just to Mr and Mrs Bigley but to all of us with Thai wives, and particularly to anyone who is living appart from their wife.

If Ken has not made a will his estate may be split in a way he did not wish

If his marriage is not legally registered any insurance he held may refuse to pay out to his Thai wife and likewise his pension trusts may not pay to his Thai wife.

That to me would be injustice upon injury.

Astral, Jack Straw was reported on BBC News as having spoken to Mrs. Bigley.

Are you sure?

On the 5th it was only the brother, in the Uk.

If he called later to Mrs Bigley, it may have been after my e-mail to the FCO on the 5th

Certainly no mention in the Bangkok Post report today!!

Just a letter from HMQ to Lil Bigley, the mother.

Marriage at the Amphur is recongnised in the Uk whether you register it with the Uk authorities or not is up to you.

All Mrs Bigley need is the original certificate, plus a translation, to secure her rights in the UK.

Edited by astral