Australian Man Dies After Swallowing Hashish - Filled Condoms

sbk

I bet his got the munchies, maybe give him some Bob Marley to listen to I heard this helps

i reckon he got greedy :o .maybe he has 60 space cakes in his stomoche. a muchies on space cake gone wrong. just let the police he was eating for personal uses. maybe he just likes eating condome cakes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently many people smuggle drugs (hash, coke, ecstacy) into thailand for the full moon party

According to whom?

Apparently you don't mean foreigners, since apparently it is very easy to get drugs in overland by local people. Or from up country, apparently.

Apparently, you can purchase narcotics in and around the areas that are home to the full-moon parties without any problems.

Of course, apparently this begs the old question: why was he here for five days with a stomach full of hash-filled condoms? Apparently, one downs the latex and then hops on a flight. Apparently, he wasn't as smart as you average bear.

word on the street is that the best ecstacy/coke/hash can be found from farangs. where would locals get coke to bring overland?

word on the street

:o:D:D cliche of the month !!

a big thanks to all the ageing dopers and pillheads for posting the latest pricing and quality news and also for reminding us all how ridiculous it sounds when users and ex-users blather on about drugs in order to boost their "coolness" rating.

Edited by taxexile

at 51 he should know better

Person I knew very well in Goa India, got his house raided by police, he was 52 years old he had hash in his pocket doing a deal and swallowed it,

dont know how much it was actualy but he died of a heart attack 2 hours later.

So I think hashish can be very dangerous in high doses, but then again he could have had a heart condition and not have known it like some older people have.

bottom line is, he is and idiot and with a few years in the Bangkok Hilton, he himself will realise that he is and idiot.

no sympathy what so ever.

If he got raided and ate some hash and died 2 hours later how do you know he ate it, was his call from his cell to you? I guarantee if you eat a smallish amount you will be right as rain in the morning. It would be impossible to eat a large amount unless swallowed whole in which case it would take days to digest.

As 16 yo kids we got raided in my friends garage whilst smoking hash/solids, i hastily put my eight in my mouth and couldnt swallow it, so i ended up chewing it for an hour whilst the filth searched us all, it was truly disgusting and as soon they went with my friends arrested in the meatwagon i had to spit the orrid stuff out.

There were 3 girls with him and an Indian guy when they got busted, he swallowed it whole, as i said dont know how much, it might have been the shock of getting busted that killed him, but at the time i figured it was the hash. None went to jail as there was not hash to be found.

apparently many people smuggle drugs (hash, coke, ecstacy) into thailand for the full moon party

According to whom?

Apparently you don't mean foreigners, since apparently it is very easy to get drugs in overland by local people. Or from up country, apparently.

Apparently, you can purchase narcotics in and around the areas that are home to the full-moon parties without any problems.

Of course, apparently this begs the old question: why was he here for five days with a stomach full of hash-filled condoms? Apparently, one downs the latex and then hops on a flight. Apparently, he wasn't as smart as you average bear.

word on the street is that the best ecstacy/coke/hash can be found from farangs. where would locals get coke to bring overland?

Don't need the word on the street, just peruse News Clippings;

On Samui alone:

2 Arrested For Smuggling Cocaine To Samui

French Man Arrested For Smuggling A Half Kilo Of Cocaine

Belgian-Dutch Drug Ring Caught On Koh Samui

And elsewhere in Thailand:

Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills

Two Peruvians Arrested In Thailand For Cocaine Trafficking

Two Iranians Nabbed On Drug Charges

Ghanaian Man Arrested With 2.4 Kgs Of Cocaine

And many, many more. Guess these guys don't read the papers. Or always think they can get away with it.

What I can't understand is this guy swallowed nearly a kilo of drugs. That seems like alot of stuff to put in one's stomach.

at 51 he should know better

Person I knew very well in Goa India, got his house raided by police, he was 52 years old he had hash in his pocket doing a deal and swallowed it,

So I think hashish can be very dangerous in high doses, but then again he could have had a heart condition and not have known it like some older people have.

bottom line is, he is and idiot and with a few years in the Bangkok Hilton, he himself will realise that he is and idiot.

no sympathy what so ever.

If he got raided and ate some hash and died 2 hours later how do you know he ate it, was his call from his cell to you? I guarantee if you eat a smallish amount you will be right as rain in the morning. It would be impossible to eat a large amount unless swallowed whole in which case it would take days to digest.

As 16 yo kids we got raided in my friends garage whilst smoking hash/solids, i hastily put my eight in my mouth and couldnt swallow it, so i ended up chewing it for an hour whilst the filth searched us all, it was truly disgusting and as soon they went with my friends arrested in the meatwagon i had to spit the orrid stuff out.

I assume that you are one of the UK criminals living in exile in LOS. You, sir***flame removed***, no our law upholders.

they had to operate... :o

Australian arrested with stash of hash

Doctors remove drug from stomach

An Australian tourist who was rushed to hospital with acute stomach ache was arrested after a doctor found 65 packages containing drugs worth more than one million baht in his stomach. The provincial hospital alerted police late on Friday night when an X-ray of John Paul Jones, 51, revealed suspicious objects, shaped like a string of sausages, in his intestine. The objects were later extracted and identified as 800 grammes of hashish. Dr Worapob Sutiwatanaruput said Jones experienced severe stomach pain after staying on the tourist island of Samui for five days and was taken to hospital. "Before the operation, Mr Jones looked nervous and asked whether police would be notified. We found 62 black objects obstructing his small intestine. Three packs had burst,'' Dr Worapob said. The hash was wrapped in condoms and each pack was about two inches long. The operation to extract the packages took two hours and Jones remained in critical condition yesterday, the doctor said. Police said the hash, regarded as a category 5 drug, was not produced in Thailand. The drug was likely to have been made in India or Pakistan and is popular among tourists who take part in the full moon parties on Koh Phangan. It is sold at 1,500-2,000 baht a gram. Police said Mr Jones would be charged and detained for interrogation. Provincial Governor Vinai Buapradit suspected Jones swallowed the drugs when he was overseas so he could pass through drug detectors and sniffer dogs at airports and at the pier on Samui where boats leave for Koh Phangan.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/13Apr2008_news03.php

Dingojoe:

You forgot to mention that the hash was still in the foot-long waterpipe.... :o

Thanks SBK for removing the conjecture for me on the muling of drugs by foreigners to party like it was 1999 on Phangan.

This man will qualify for the darwin award of the year. He had been here (in Thailand) for some time. Was noted to be at the airport to fly out, Where was he going with the hash that he had placed in rubbers and swallowed? Had he arrived in Thailand with these packets in his system? Where does the 5 day tummy ache enter into it? Sounds like he should have taken a good dose and gotten rid of the crap several days ago. The details of this story, I will mark up to translation, if correct, his demise or jail time will improve the gene pool.

Thai police arrest Australian party pooper

Thai police have arrested a 51-year-old Australian after a severe stomach-ache caused by 65 condoms packed with hash lodged in his lower intestine.

Surat Thani hospital authorities alerted police to the unusual nature of John Paul Jones' ailment on Friday after an X-ray revealed suspicious "sausage-like" objects jammed in his stomach, the Bangkok Post said.

"Before the operation, Mr Jones looked nervous and asked whether police would be notified," said Surat Thani Hospital doctor Worapob Sutiwatanaruput.

An operation revealed that the objects were condoms packed with 800 grams of hashish, three of which had burst.

Provincial authorities speculated that Jones had swallowed the goods to get them past port inspectors at the pier to Phangan Island, notorious for its "full moon" parties, drug-fuelled all-night revels that attract hundreds of foreign tourists each month.

Phangan Island, about 400 kilometres south of Bangkok, is part of Surat Thani province.

After five days, Jones had apparently failed to pass the valuable cargo, worth an estimated 1 million baht on the local market, leading to his hospitalisation and arrest.

Police said Jones, who was still listed in critical condition over the weekend, faces drug trafficking charges.

- DPA / 4-13-08

1 Million B worth of weed wouldn't fit into an elephant's stomach, let alone a man's. Yet another example of newspapers reporting what the authorities tell them rather than finding out the FACTS.

Edited by teatree

Well, this poor guy really knows how to screw up his holiday. Now no drugs, sick as a dog, and then facing jail. You might expect to find this in a 20 something, but at 50+ I am surprised he made it this far!

word on the street

:D:D:D cliche of the month !!

a big thanks to all the aging dopers and pillheads for posting the latest pricing and quality news and also for reminding us all how ridiculous it sounds when users and ex-users blather on about drugs in order to boost their "coolness" rating.

:D :D :D

taxexile at his finest..... :o

Edited by sriracha john

word on the street

:D:D:D cliche of the month !!

a big thanks to all the aging dopers and pillheads for posting the latest pricing and quality news and also for reminding us all how ridiculous it sounds when users and ex-users blather on about drugs in order to boost their "coolness" rating.

:D :D :D

taxexile at his finest..... :o

You don't have to pay taxes if you have no income. Very "cool".

The condoms bursting in his stomach will not be the reason he is ill. Three broken condoms would be about 40 grams. You would need to digest a whole lot more than that to be in any danger of dieing. In fact if memory serves me right its near enough impoissible to die overdose on Hashish.

What gets me is how you go about swallowing 60 condoms with about half an ounce of hash in them. Try swallowing an ice cube hole. Its about that size. How much money would he of made? No more than £3000 I would imagine. Now he's gonna die in a thai jail. Game over!

It's a strange story, if he was taking the Hash outta Thailand why was he still in Thailand after 5 days, I can only assume he was taking it to the Islands for full moon parties etc, maybe he flew into Thailand from India or Nepal with the drugs in his stomach, went to the Islands and couldn't pass them so Had no choice but to go to Hospital after days of trying to pass them.

Jeeez, If he went that route after Air Fares I doubt he would make much money even if successful, shows how desperate he was I guess. Poor guy should have flown to Amsterdam and went to hospital, he'd be free after a few days.

Not that strange I met a English bloke in Laos five years ago who did the same he bought the hash in Northern India and smuggled it in to Thailand made a good profit on it floging it to other backpackers

thisguy was residing in pattaya when he got caught, http://www.usp.com.au/fpss/case-john_watson.html

I have plenty of income, but because I do not spend over 35 days a year in the US, I can exclude it from my tax return, thus making me tax exempt. 2-3 million baht income last year and my taxes were 90 baht worldwide. And that was only because I messed up with some IRA stuff and had to pay a penalty on $34 income.

I have plenty of income, but because I do not spend over 35 days a year in the US, I can exclude it from my tax return, thus making me tax exempt. 2-3 million baht income last year and my taxes were 90 baht worldwide. And that was only because I messed up with some IRA stuff and had to pay a penalty on $34 income.

It is funny how the druggies mount this thread trying to show off their "pharmaceutical prowess." and that was a great tax story, and it feels great not to pay taxes to a war machine.

Chalk this up as an idea that was not thought all the way through (no pun intended). Nearly two pounds of the stuff? Two pounds of beef, cooked or raw, gulped down in chunks, wouldn't make for a happy camper either. Did he realize he would have to do something to 'move things along'? If the plan was a success, I shudder at the thought of the retrieval. Makes me think of the scene in Trainspotting where the fellow dives into the toilet bowl to retrieve his bag of powder.

I. too, find this a strange story. He bought the stuff on KPN and swallowed it to get past the inspectors on the pier? Never been there myself, but can anyone confirm that the inspection is that intense? I'm impressed to hear they have hash there - I wonder where it comes from. Once on the boat or back on the mainland he would have been able to toss it up, no?

Or if he brought it in somewhere from points west. In that case, if he landed in Bkk, got his ass to KPN, then made his way to Surat Thani, well, that's a few days trip. I don't get it.

Who says you get smarter as you get older?