Northern Bus Terminal

GOWER

can anyone tell me how far/easy and how much it is from the Suvarnabhum airport to northern bus terminal so i can catch a bus to surin, my plane lands at 6.00am, any info would be nice,

i cant decide to catch a bus or catch a taxi to surin

as i want to get there as soon as poss

thanks

Edited by GOWER

can anyone tell me how far/easy and how much it is from the Suvarnabhum airport to northern bus terminal so i can catch a bus to surin, my plane lands at 6.00am, any info would be nice,

thanks

Just shooting from the hip here.....

Take a taxi from airport to Morchet(north bus station). Ask around for correct ticket counter.

thanks

Not

what you asked , but you always get the train.

Airport to Hualamphong Train Station 30 minutes , about 300 Baht. by taxi.

Look at the North Eastern Line

http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp

Edited by Lite Beer

There is no bus that goes direct from Suvarnabhumi to Morchit.

Your best bet for speed is a taxi to Morchit. Make sure you tell the driver "Morchit Song" or "Morchit Mai". Meaning "Morchit 2" or "New Morchit" respectively. If you want to save a few baht, take the 551 bus to Victory Monument, and from there you can either catch a second bus to the Morchit bus terminal (e.g. 77), or else take a taxi.

Tickets for the Issan busses are all on the second floor of the Morchit terminal.

I would recommend the taxi to Morchit + Government bus solution. Finding a taxi willing to go all the way to Surin is highly doubtful. This will get you to any destination in Surin in the early hours of the evening.

Your other option is to take a flight to BuriRam/Roi Et/Korat/Ubon and get a bus from there to wherever you are going in Surin. Depending on flight schedules that may work out easier and faster. There are many options to get from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang if that is where the flight leaves from.

The train is also possible, but slower than any of the other options, and less comfortable. I would only do this if you were up for an adventure.

Best of luck on your trip

Edited by gregb

This morning I went from the airport to Mor Chit - took about 30 min.

Lots of empty buses going northeast.

Chan tour are the best - VIP 440 baht (Khon Kaen)with massage chairs and individual tv monitors with a choice of movie.

my plane lands at 6.00am, i dont what to wait at the aiprport for the buriram flight as it leaves at 16.00, so my best bet is a taxi to Morchit Mai, second floor,

which you say it takes about 30 mins, then get a coach to surin or Chan tours to Khon Kaen - VIP 440 baht (i take that it stops at surin on the way to khon kean ?)

just want to get there a soon as poss

i shall have a look at the Roi Et/Korat/Ubon flights

is it about 5 hours to surin on bus ?

thanks all

Chan tours to Khon Kaen - VIP 440 baht (i take that it stops at surin on the way to khon kean ?)

No it doesn't.

lol oh thanks for that

does anyone know the web site for Morchit Mai and can you book the ticket or is it best to get it when i get there ?

is Northern Bus Terminal (Morchit Mai) and Northeastern Bus Terminal (Morchit Mai) the same place