A Trip To The Body Shop

yourshoutmate

hi there how offen does this happen.on sunday while moving some furniture with my new vigo my teruks 40 degree powered uncle decides hel_l help to and puts a nice black rub mark on my tailgate.

after looking at the damage i can see some cut n polish a good cloth and you would never no it was there .of to town we go to be told not habb polish mai me cannot get bkk only.

the teruk calls uncle intheno and is told to go around the corner to a body shop not far.

over comes a man i guess is the boss and has a look and says ok can do now 100 baht no problem sit down please. he picks up a buffer and a tub of cut n polish and 20 minutes later is still at it. the 4x1 inch rub mark was gone after 1 bloody minute of buffing.

just when i was about to say somthing he puts it down and yells to one young guy to come over they both look at me then at the now like new tailgate and second man picks it up and starts buffing again.

the teruk can see im not losing my cool so says nothing.after 2 minutes he decides its finished and walks away, over comes boss man gets his 100 and says goodbye

on the way out the driveway the young guy stops us and wants 100 aswell i say no money finished with a smile and he walks away.

on the way home teruk is angry because she says not good 4 me they will say farang verry stingy . so i go back in the afternoon with 3 bottles of chang ,to see the look of surprise on there faces opened my eyes up .

i think i have earned there respect this way rather than just going along with their little farang scam.

ps been invited back tonight 4 drinks i wonder if ill be buying.. :o

Edited by Totster
Removed formatting and added paragraphs so it can be read - (sorry, haven't got time to punctuate etc.)

hi there how offen does this happen.on sunday while moving some furniture with my new vigo my teruks 40 degree powered uncle decides hel_l help to and puts a nice black rub mark on my tailgate.after looking at the damage i can see some cut n polish a good cloth and you would never no it was there .of to town we go to be told not habb polish mai me cannot get bkk only. the teruk calls uncle intheno and is told to go around the corner to a body shop not far. over comes a man i guess is the boss and has a look and says ok can do now 100 baht no problem sit down please. he picks up a buffer and a tub of cut n polish and 20 minutes later is still at it. the 4x1 inch rub mark was gone after 1 bloody minute of buffing. just when i was about to say somthing he puts it down and yells to one young guy to come over they both look at me then at the now like new tailgate and second man picks it up and starts buffing again. the teruk can see im not losing my cool so says nothing.after 2 minutes he decides its finished and walks away, over comes boss man gets his 100 and says goodbye on the way out the driveway the young guy stops us and wants 100 aswell i say no money finished with a smile and he walks away.on the way home teruk is angry because she says not good 4 me they will say farang verry stingy . so i go back in the afternoon with 3 bottles of chang ,to see the look of surprise on there faces opened my eyes up . i think i have earned there respect this way rather than just going along with their little farang scam. ps been invited back tonight 4 drinks i wonder if ill be buying.. :o

eeeer, looks like its yourshoutmate.

• 3 weeks later...
hi there how offen does this happen.on sunday while moving some furniture with my new vigo my teruks 40 degree powered uncle decides hel_l help to and puts a nice black rub mark on my tailgate.

after looking at the damage i can see some cut n polish a good cloth and you would never no it was there .of to town we go to be told not habb polish mai me cannot get bkk only.

the teruk calls uncle intheno and is told to go around the corner to a body shop not far.

over comes a man i guess is the boss and has a look and says ok can do now 100 baht no problem sit down please. he picks up a buffer and a tub of cut n polish and 20 minutes later is still at it. the 4x1 inch rub mark was gone after 1 bloody minute of buffing.

just when i was about to say somthing he puts it down and yells to one young guy to come over they both look at me then at the now like new tailgate and second man picks it up and starts buffing again.

the teruk can see im not losing my cool so says nothing.after 2 minutes he decides its finished and walks away, over comes boss man gets his 100 and says goodbye

on the way out the driveway the young guy stops us and wants 100 aswell i say no money finished with a smile and he walks away.

on the way home teruk is angry because she says not good 4 me they will say farang verry stingy . so i go back in the afternoon with 3 bottles of chang ,to see the look of surprise on there faces opened my eyes up .

i think i have earned there respect this way rather than just going along with their little farang scam.

ps been invited back tonight 4 drinks i wonder if ill be buying.. :o

Dont forget to take the cigarettes along with the beer and whisky for your new found friends..... better to have paid the 200Bt in the long run. Earned their respect? You are joking? All youhave done is confirmed to them that it pays to double the quoted price for a farang.

Expect to be offered some more bargains soon, live and learn,

all the best

Roygsd