Need A Good Tailor In Pattaya, Any Recomendations?

daveb1

I have had a few suits over the years made in Pattaya, but never again, most fell to pieces within months of purchase.

Certainly avoid those where they have to stand outside and hustle customers in, obviously they have no satisfied repeat customers or good recommendations to keep themselves busy.

If you do badly want to buy a made to measurer suit and know what to look for when inspecting it try one of the shops that dose not hassle passers by, allow plenty of time for your suit to be made well before you leave Pattaya so you can have any bad workmanship rectified, on thing I learned was if allowed plenty of time the suit would only be ready on my last day, so it would be worth telling them that you will be leaving a week before you intend to.

Try and pay as little deposit as possible, don't know if you pay by card you can dispute payment if you reject the finished item because it is substandard?

best of luck.

BB

Try Hendry on Nakluea Road. Opposite the woodlands hotel next to Tutti Frutti bar.

I use this tailor for many years, never had any problems. Last time I paid 6,000 for a suit but this is a couple of years ago, so prices might be up.

Try Classic Taylor on Second Road. I had a suit and some shirts made a couple of years ago and they are holding up great. I've seen specials on this place on TV interviewing them and how good of a job they do. They provide a lot of work for special clients as well. Also I know a Golf Tour Company in Pattaya that only uses Classic Taylor for their suits and jackets.

I got a couple of suits made from the guy who has a shop just next to the Irish bar Mulligans (Dont think it is called this anymore) on Soi Pattayaland - Fantastic quality - Had them almost 3 years now and still in great condition. When I am in Pattaya in July I am going to get a few more made.

I've been using JAS for almost 6 years now, situated in the foyer of Flipper Lodge Hotel, Soi 8. Great quality and reasonably priced, depending on the material you choose. Just had a suit and 2 shirts sent over to the UK, arrived last week ... perfect. He's not at all pushy as gets plenty of custom from the hotel and recommendations.

Hi need to get a good formal suite made in Pattaya any one recommend a good tailor who will do a good job and wont rip me off on the price!

cheers

my friends and i use the tailors shop called Next inside the shopping arcade at the back of Mikes shopping mall on the right side of second road near the beefeater restaurant

they have a bigger shop in Jomtien in the Jomtien complex facing Thappraya road near the statue.

i have used them for +7 years for suits, shirts etc.

very good service, good fit, reasonabe prices, friendly and no bullshit.

Bond Street, located on Second road, about 3 minutes walk from the Pattaya Tai junction.

Run by a family of Bangla Deshi's, not particularly cheap, but first class service, workmanship and material. I have taken several of my family and friends there for suits, sports jackets, trousers etc, and they have all been very satisfied.

This place was originally recommended to me by someone on Thai Visa and I am happy to pass the recommendation on.

Edited by Mobi

Try Classic Taylor on Second Road.

I work in business in Thailand and the shirts at Classic Tailor are ok (if you have your own design to copy) but the suit I got was the worst I have ever had in Thailand (ive had over 10 made up, from a number of shops in BKK and 2 in Pattaya) - I got it home and just gave it to one of the maintenance guy's - absolute garbage!

The best Tailor I found (after a lot of research) in Pattaya is on Pattaya Klang road, between 2nd road and beach road - Below the Ali Baba curry shop... good quality and service

Hi need to get a good formal suite made in Pattaya any one recommend a good tailor who will do a good job and wont rip me off on the price!

cheers

I use Next Fashion in the arcade next to Kiss Restaurant - 2nd road opp Mike.

I pay 3,500 bht for a suit - but he knows me, probably paid 4,000 for first suit.

Good quality - no problems and always 2 or 3 fittings to make sure all is ok.

Going to get another one next month as well.

cheers

hI dAVE

If you havent found a tailor yet, i HIGHLY recommend NINI tailor. i have used them for years they are a family tailor (half indian/thai) Pinky and peter, very personal and friendly service. They have done tons for me since the last 5 years,, they kitted my family out for my sisters wedding. prices very reasonable. the bottom line is that you cant beat their service and they speak absolutely MINT english so theres no barrier. and your not paying more than you should, When i order from them i never ask the price until i collect it. they have fixed prices, the same for everyone, (they dont just make it up when they see what watch your wearing like most tailors!) He is closed sundays and mondays at the moment, cause his daughter had accident in BK and has to go take care of her.

I know he is closed for songran too, open 24 April and worth waiting for! save your self the agrevation these people are absolutely perfect.

The first time you meet Peter you might think hes a bit serious, but after your first visit you will get friednly with him and see that hes a very nice likable guy, If Pinky is back from bangkok you will love her too shes a diamond lady. you will never get any bullshit in this shop, its not their thing.

NINI FASHIONS

215/69 Pattaya 2nd Rd

(Directly Opposite Royal Garden Plaza on second road)

Pattaya City, Thailand 20260

Near end of Walking Street

Tel:(038) 429-442, 423-623

Fax:(038) 422-423

<snip>

If you want to get charged about 3 times more you can go into soi 8 and see Raju at TipTop Tailor, hes a really friendly guy and his quality is the best, but take your credit card with you and dont wair a watch! :o

Idiots.. oops I mean Places to avoid:

A complete nightmare cant remember his name, (will leave you wanting to kill him) has shop inside Siam Sawdee Hotel Soi Boukow.

All of the beach front tailors who greet you with a hand shake and say "Alright geezer" when you aproach them. absolutly insulting and so annoying.

PS: Dave dont forget to tell us all where you decided to go and how it was...

Edited by Crow Boy
removal of eMail address as per forum rules

Try Classic Taylor on Second Road.

I work in business in Thailand and the shirts at Classic Tailor are ok (if you have your own design to copy) but the suit I got was the worst I have ever had in Thailand (ive had over 10 made up, from a number of shops in BKK and 2 in Pattaya) - I got it home and just gave it to one of the maintenance guy's - absolute garbage!

The best Tailor I found (after a lot of research) in Pattaya is on Pattaya Klang road, between 2nd road and beach road - Below the Ali Baba curry shop... good quality and service

Unfortunately Classic has gone downhill. Acted put out (nicely and politely put out, to be sure) last time I went (2 years ago) during the extra fittings needed (ignored the instructions to leave out the usual excess shoulder padding, for example) and then ripped me off for another 600 baht we hadn't agreed on.

Get the price in writing before work begins. I'd trusted Classic based on previous good experience, but I'll never go back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know guys, I went searching for the Bond Street shop yesterday and after asking quite a few people of neighbouring shops (to which nobody had heard of the place), one lady said it had closed down and pointed to the shop which I had just walked past, now inhabited by an indian who greeted me with the "awright geezer" opening... to which I clearly left..

I found another tailor shop... I'll let you know hopw it went.

Cheers & Beers

• 5 months later...

I've found this website: Thetruthabouttailors.com

Which lists recommended tailors.

In Pattaya it suggests Maharaja

I've also heard good things about Nini's, and DAVE/Jack Int

Does anyone have any experience of these? I'm going on Thursday so could do with getting some info before I do.

Have had many suits in the last 15+ years made in Pattaya at several different places , must admit they are a little expensive now & again , but, the Pattaya Versace at the end of Walking Street near Siam Bayshore quite good & the suits I had made there . Before I semi retired I wore a suit 5 days a week & theirs were very serviceable.

• 1 month later...

I bought a DJ from tourist fashion on beach road in 2005, nice fit and still in one peice!

I paid 3500 Baht for it - Bargain

Had 4 suits made in Phuket last year for £70 a peice with a spare pair of trousers plus a shirt...... So with the current economic climate plus the airport action will be bargaining heavily over xmas for a similar deal in Patts

:o