Yellow Mitsubishi Evo

There is a yellow mistsubishi Evo flying around Koh Samui at the moment ( Well actually over 6 months now ) and the car is on Malaysian number plates ( mostly parked oppoiste the PTT in Chewang )

The car is also for Rent now at 8,000 THB Per Day...

But my questions are

1) How can a malaysian car stay this long in Thailand without having to transfer to Thai Plates?

2) How can the legally hire a car that is not registered in Thailand to people staying in Thailand?

Has this person just brought the car over from Malaysia ( as it seems the owner may be local ) and intend to keep it here without paying import tax ect ect..... as we all know Samui can be a lawless or blind eye turning island :o

I think if your a malaysian or have a house in malaysia you can own a registered malaysian car, which you can bring into Thailand for six months at a time, and the renting is not legal for sure but hey its samui!
Are you sure about the 6 months Tony ? that sure dosent apply when bringing in a Cambodian or Singapore registered bike as i have done both, its a month max,.and i have tried to get longer beleive me,.( fairly large scotch didnt even do it :o . a;so the guy that owns it must be a chancer as it wont be insured in thailand for any other driver,. Edited by mikethevigoman