Stupid Question On Ret. Multiple Entry O-a

I arrived 01 Feb 08 on a Mulitple entry Retirement O-A Visa in BKK...I was never informed on what to do next. Was stamped at the airport, allowed to stay until 31 Jan 09.

I have been moving around looking to stay in one place and finally rented a house in CM.

My 90 days is coming up on 01 May.

Was I supposed to check in with Immigration after I arrived?

My Visa was issued out of Houston.

I have checked the forum for this answer with neg results. :o

Thanks..

I will sleep better now.

I was worried that I was supposed to report to Immigration after I arrived, don't know why but some friends here, not on a retirement visa, said I was supposed to report and that my visa was not complete.

:o

I'm a happy camper now...

They probably do not understand the OA visa - if you just had an O visa you would have to extend your stay at Immigration for a one year stay - but because you took care of that before entry you don't. And because you have a "M" multi entry visa you can leave and come back at will and get a new one year from date of each entry up until the expiration date of your visa itself. Return on ?? Jan 2009 (prior to expiration date of visa itself) and be stamped until ?? Jan 2010. But during that second year you will require re-entry permit prior to any out of country travel.