Thaivisa Launches Online Food Supermarket

Totster

Thaivisa Launches Online Food Supermarket

food.thaivisa.com

BANGKOK: -- Thaivisa.com has partnered with leading food suppliers in Bangkok to deliver good quality “farang” food direct to your doorstep, nationwide in Thailand

Launched today, Thaivisa Food aims to give all expats living in Thailand access to some of the favourite tastes from home, that may normally only be available to those living in Bangkok or other built up areas.

Customers will be able to choose from a broad range of goods, including premium grain fed beef products, cheeses, gourmet products and a large selection of imported groceries including old favourites such as Marmite, Branston Pickle, Bisto and Robinsons Squash.

Having a BBQ ? Why not offer your guests a real treat and cook them proper sausages like found at home, high quality grain fed beef burgers, and a selection of superior quality grain fed beef steaks, all your favourite cuts available.

Products will be dispatched from Bangkok and delivered next day via TNT to ensure they arrive in the best possible condition.

--thaivisa.com 2008-04-17

Url: http://food.thaivisa.com

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ever expanding Thaivisa !! stuff looks great, do the prices include delivery??

From the front page of the site..

Nationwide standard delivery charge 450 Baht.

Orders over 2,500 Baht is delivered free of charge.

Totster :o

Good Job Thaivisa...wish you all the success. Pray can u also look into expanding services such as bring in products via personal courriers on your network for products such as Harrods Preserves and Cookies from UK, Certain line of prooduct products from David Jones In Sydney etc.

Once again great stuff Thaivisa.

Well, nice try ... I never quite really understood in what 'business' thaivisa is involved (that girls to marry, plane tickets (cheap?), and now food delivery...)

I personally like to see the sausage I buy before making my bbq... no offence but so many products are of poor quality ...

Had a quick look - seems like a good start. Can anyone comment on the reasonableness of the pricing ? I am out of touch.

Will TV do requests, if sufficient interest is shown/quantity required ?

Please send your wishlist here

If there is a good interest shown for a particular product and it can be sourced it will be added

totster :o

Marmite

Branston

Colemans English mustard

Mint sauce

Your a genius !!!

Now just have to ensure they all run out simultaneously so I can get free shipping !!

These items are all available locally in Phuket. Marmite and mint sauce are at Tops and Colemans mustard and Branston pickle can be bought at Dons.

Marmite

Branston

Colemans English mustard

Mint sauce

Your a genius !!!

Now just have to ensure they all run out simultaneously so I can get free shipping !!

These items are all available locally in Phuket. Marmite and mint sauce are at Tops and Colemans mustard and Branston pickle can be bought at Dons.

Lucky you in Phuket. :o

These products should be air-dropped like Red Cross parcels to us spindly curmudgeons living outside the tourist-y areas. :D

Marmite

Branston

Colemans English mustard

Mint sauce

Your a genius !!!

Lucky you in Phuket. :o

These products should be air-dropped like Red Cross parcels to us spindly curmudgeons living outside the tourist-y areas. :D

Sorry, didn't mean to sound funny about it. I was responding to LivinLOS as I am pretty sure he lives in Phuket.

Had a quick look - seems like a good start. Can anyone comment on the reasonableness of the pricing ? I am out of touch.

Will TV do requests, if sufficient interest is shown/quantity required ?

Please send your wishlist here

If there is a good interest shown for a particular product and it can be sourced it will be added

totster :o

I noticed that the 'Scotch" beef comes from Australia..??? but it was nearly half the price that Rimping charge for imported Ausie beef cuts....so I will try next month.

Oh yes....wish list...Frey Bentos Steak & Kindey and Chicken & Mushroom tinned pies.

Whatever,I wish this enterprise all the best.

Marmite

Branston

Colemans English mustard

Mint sauce

Your a genius !!!

"Launched today, Thaivisa Food aims to give all expats living in Thailand access to some of the favourite tastes from home, that may normally only be available to those living in Bangkok or other built up areas."

It is possible that some sees Phuket as an built up area.

Great partnership there guys. :o

Free delivery nationwide. Big Plus.

Stuff looks quite good quality, fraction pricy though.

ATM or internet payment option is good idea.

I'll give it a go though. Return trip to Villa or Foodland costs me 1000B in fuel & a day out.

Soundman. :D

We were given the chance to pre-order and I found the beef to be a very high quality, very tasty, very tender and a nice flavor. Haven't had a nice steak like that in quite some time :o

Same here, went for all the different sausages.

Excellent quality!

And they deliver in a handy re-usable Styrofoam coolerbox, along with some chunks of dry ice, which is a hoot to throw in water :o

OK, NOW I understand why half of ThaiVisa members can't survive on less than 20K Baht a month! :o

(Other threads: Cheap Charlies vs. Pompous Pilates)

My cholesterol count soared just reading the "menu."

OK, I do have my "weak" moments (especially when I saw the Apple Pie--healthy "fruit" food group, right?)

All looks good, but I can't really see much use for it here in bangkok as there's nothing there which I can't get by traveling 5 minutes to Villa. But as you say that's not your target market... Will be interesting to see if the wish-list can bring in some new products not on the shelves in Villa though.

Also, if you do get an order from someone in Bangkok, can you deliver same day, and with a cheaper delivery charge? I.e. in a Food-By-Phone type way, where groceries come within the hour.

Finally, are you allowed to have alcoholic items on your list? Or is this pending a liquor license?

Good luck though, seems good.

PS: The scrolling marquee-style ticker with product photos is quite bugged in Firefox.

What a surprise, the moderators speak of excellent quality!

:D:D:D

Yes, because the Mods team were the Guinea pigs to test out the products, delivery time and logistics during the last month of trials prior to the launch. And we got good feedback, no reason not to believe that.

Remember Thailand can sometimes be a logistic nightmare, but we have cracked it!

Thanks folks for trying us out! Hope we can be of service to you guys even if you stay in Nakhon Nowhere. We will do our best!

:o