Snooker World Championship

As much as i hate Turd Visions, they do usually allow me to watch most of the sports i'm interested in. Snooker however, with the exception of some small domestic competitions, seems to get over-looked. Just wondering if anyone's able to watch the World Championships? It's an event that for the past 10 years in Thailand i've been unable to watch and i miss it. :o

UPDATE.

Both of the major UK P2P sites are carrying the highlight programmes, one has full match captures (all the BBC coverage).

PM me for details, we're not allowed to discuss P2P on the open forum.

As much as i hate Turd Visions, they do usually allow me to watch most of the sports i'm interested in. Snooker however, with the exception of some small domestic competitions, seems to get over-looked. Just wondering if anyone's able to watch the World Championships? It's an event that for the past 10 years in Thailand i've been unable to watch and i miss it. :D

Well they did cover the semis live the year that Ronnie won it, but since then the coverage has been virtually non existent apart from the live coverage of a first round match with James Wattana about two years ago. But as Crossy says a certain P2P has got all of the stuff, I enjoyed watching four hours of John Higgins v Matthew Stevens this very morning. True did say that they would be showing it on tape, but that probably means about 8 months from now and at 4 am in the morning, truncated and with schedule as to when you can see the follow up parts. :o

Well they did cover the semis live the year that Ronnie won it, but since then the coverage has been virtually non existent apart from the live coverage of a first round match with James Wattana about two years ago. But as Crossy says a certain P2P has got all of the stuff, I enjoyed watching four hours of John Higgins v Matthew Stevens this very morning. True did say that they would be showing it on tape, but that probably means about 8 months from now and at 4 am in the morning, truncated and with schedule as to when you can see the follow up parts. :o

LOL. Well i don't recall seeing the semis that you mention, but do remember the year they showed that Wattana game.

Unfortunately for me, watching on the net is just not practical.

As for Turd saying they'll show it on tape, i think you're right that that is going to be useless.

I can't quite understand it, as i can't imagine it would cost much to buy the rights, and snooker definetely has a following here. Oh well, what do i know...

LOL. Well i don't recall seeing the semis that you mention, but do remember the year they showed that Wattana game.

Unfortunately for me, watching on the net is just not practical.

As for Turd saying they'll show it on tape, i think you're right that that is going to be useless.

I can't quite understand it, as i can't imagine it would cost much to buy the rights, and snooker definetely has a following here. Oh well, what do i know...

The year that they showed the semis and the final live was 2004 the year that Ronnie won it for the second time, and it was 2006 that they showed the Wattana game live, I think that he was defeated by John Parrott. I shall write another letter to the Bangkok post Sport section, lamenting the lack of coverage. I think that it is just a lack of planning and forethough of any kind on their part. We get so much live pool and ballroom dancing. But I have noticed this year that even the snooker on tape has been viturally non existant. But once the real seaons finishes you can be sure that we will get to see some of the live Thai tournaments, which are just so amateurish. Via the net is usually a couple of days behind, but the quality is superb. Hopefully once the BBC get the international rights sorted you will be able to down load direct from their site in future.