Holiday In Australia With Girlfriend

I am heading back to Aust for 1 week in Oct for a Wedding and my girlfriend (Thai who did her schooling in Aust) wants to come to my brother's wedding.

Is it really that much trouble to get a tourist visa for a few days (she is senior in company and can only have 4 days off)

Do I need to show bank statements? mine or hers?

Any visa advice would be great

Thanks

Ritti

I am heading back to Aust for 1 week in Oct for a Wedding and my girlfriend (Thai who did her schooling in Aust) wants to come to my brother's wedding.

Is it really that much trouble to get a tourist visa for a few days (she is senior in company and can only have 4 days off)

Do I need to show bank statements? mine or hers?

Any visa advice would be great

Thanks

Ritti

Whether it is too much trouble is up to you...

She will need to show she has enough funds for the trip and a reason to return....letter from her company would do...also a covering letter explaining the reason for such a short stay. It may help also if you can get an invitation made out to the both of you from your brother and provide some evidence to show that you have known each other for a reasonable time.

You only need to show your proof of income if you are providing financial support.

You may see my post on here,a few weeks ago I lodged a tourist visa application for my friend.

We both attended the CC Tower office in BKK ,however a week later it came back refused.

The reason stated was he did not include evidence of financial funds.

Your GF needs to include 6 months of bank statements,this is the info on the VFS website,a letter from her manager stating leave has been approved and the dates.

I supplied my bank details for my friend BUT they were not interested in me,they wrote back to say they WANTED his bank details but he did not supply them.

You should note that they also refused his visa as not a genuine tourist meaning sheshould have a reason to come back,eg,children,etc.

Because she could aply for a further stay visa whilst in Australia AND if they think that is the case then they will refuse your visa and write to say they are concerned she will apply for a further stay visa.

You need to make it clear she will return on the date.

You need to go to the Australian VISA website.

I dont think she will have a problem as long as she has adequate funds,a letter from her boss ,she shall be ok.

A relative in Australia that she has helps a lot.

Download the application forms from the VFS Australian website.

You probaly have a 95%to 99% chance because your GF has already done scholing in Australia.

Good Luck.

Edited by actiondell4

I would also state that she has had an education visa for Australia before. Maybe copies of it. It might help to show that she is not just trying to get to Australia to overstay since she did not do that before.

No she has to have the funds.

Note on the website they prefer a original bank book which will be returned or 6 months bank statements.

I supplied my bank statements of $50,000 AUD but they wrote back saying the APPLICANT needed to show the funds not myself as under Australian Immigration Law ONLY a close relative can be a sponser,NOT even for a spouse visa.

I thought that if i showed my bank account balance ,my friend would get a visa just for 7 days however the applicant must show THEIR financial details.

How much? If she has say over 100,000 baht in her account,I think you would do ok.

Also one of the questions on the application form asks if there are any important dates,supply evidence of your brothers wedding is the reason.

Now you must supply evidence that she will NOT overstay.

Thanks very much

How much funds should she have?

Or is my funds/ salry/contract enough?

Thanks again

Thats a hard question.....generally enough to live on taking into account hotels etc...

IF you are providing additional funds support.....you will need to be listed on the application at the relevent question (Q32)...you will then need to supply proof of income, payslips etc....not bank account statements.

If she has funds of her own, she must supply bank statements to show that she has saved the money and a lump sum hasnt been deposited. If you feel she may not have sufficient funds then you can cover both areas.....her bank statements and also your funds support.

Edited by gburns57au