Tips For Keeping Cool In Hot Weather

uk_falang

Here are a few tips for keeping cool when out and about:

1) Eat very little during the day. Some fruit for breakfast and a very light lunch, or skip a meal. Digesting food uses about the same energy as walking. Eat your main meal in the evening when it has cooled off.

2) Loose fitting 100% cotton or linen shirts. Linen is the best, it keeps you cool and dry. Button up shirts are better than T-shirts as they let more air through at the front.

3)Ginseng - it is a root used in traditional medicine. You can get pills / supplements but not as good as the real thing. Buy the sliced root from Chinese herbal shop (the red ginseng is best), put under the tounge and let it dissolve. It doesnt taste particularly great but you get used to it. It has a cooling effect on the body.

HTH

1. Find tree

2. Search tree for red ants, if none;

3. Drink cold beer under said tree.

I

I got very hot searching for a tree yesterday. And when I finally found it YOU had already taken it sitting there with a dumb grin on your face drinking cold beer. Oh well my beer was warm anyway

Spend the day in the swimming pool. Proper preparations with an esky, your smokes some nibbles and your book should mean that you don't need to leave the pool. Should you need to apply extra sunblock, have the gf or wife get in the pool to apply while you lie down on your inflatable.

ESKY is brand name for very popular chilly bin in OZ, hence all chilly bins are called ESKYs by Ockors.

To hard to remember any other names..... woteva.

I am NOT an Ockor, all chilly bins called just that in NZ, chilly bins.

It's God dam_n freezing in San Francisco, what happened to Spring? I'd love to be roasting my a$$ of right now.

It was 100 degrees and high humidity in KPG the other day and I have no a/c... miserably hot.

Just back from my favourite watering hole where I enjoyed a nice cold Coke light.

The place is airconditioned so it was very pleasant temp there.

From out of nowhere a scantily dressed petite lady came to me and started to ask me all kind of personal questions such as what my name,

where you fom, how old you are, how long you satay Thailand, things like that.

Perhaps this girl just wants to practice her English language skills so I answered all questions.

You hansome she said, Thanks I replied.

Then to my shock she started sexually assaulting me by kissing and groping me.

I was starting to feel very very hot, and yes started to sweat a bit.

Could it be that this girl in some way manipulated and increased the humidity level?

No she did not turn off the aircon.

From out of nowhere a scantily dressed petite lady came to me and started to ask me all kind of personal questions such as what my name,

where you fom, how old you are, how long you satay Thailand, things like that.

Perhaps this girl just wants to practice her English language skills so I answered all questions.

You hansome she said, Thanks I replied.

Then to my shock she started sexually assaulting me by kissing and groping me.

I was starting to feel very very hot, and yes started to sweat a bit.

Could it be that this girl in some way manipulated and increased the humidity level?

No she did not turn off the aircon.

How i miss Thailand.

ESKY is brand name for very popular chilly bin in OZ, hence all chilly bins are called ESKYs by Ockors.

To hard to remember any other names..... woteva.

I am NOT an Ockor, all chilly bins called just that in NZ, chilly bins.

what's a chilly bin?

ice box eh?

what's an ockor?

thanks

Here are a few tips for keeping cool when out and about:

1) Eat very little during the day. Some fruit for breakfast and a very light lunch, or skip a meal. Digesting food uses about the same energy as walking. Eat your main meal in the evening when it has cooled off.

2) Loose fitting 100% cotton or linen shirts. Linen is the best, it keeps you cool and dry. Button up shirts are better than T-shirts as they let more air through at the front.

3)Ginseng - it is a root used in traditional medicine. You can get pills / supplements but not as good as the real thing. Buy the sliced root from Chinese herbal shop (the red ginseng is best), put under the tounge and let it dissolve. It doesnt taste particularly great but you get used to it. It has a cooling effect on the body.

HTH

-------------------

Good advice except Ginseng is in a class of herbs called chi tonics.

It's "temperature" is categorized as warm and the "Red" Ginseng is much more warming as it has been treated with other "hot" herbs.

Also persons with high blood pressure or some heart conditions should not take the Red Ginseng but White Ginseng is fine... :o