New Passport Cant Leave Thailand Help

I had lost my American passport got a new one.So therefore had no entry stamp on any pages only a China Visa.

I thought I could go to the Airport and exit.....wrong

They check 12 times had 2-3 people searching on their computer found nothing(Immigration at airport)

So if Monday I go to Immigration and they too say we have no record of entry into Thailand how do i get out?

I had to cancel one flight already,I'm wondering....what will happen.

They don't have anything as well at the main immigration office what can I do?

Ted

Did the American Embassy not tell you to visit the local Immigration office? It is always required and I believe told to those who receive replacement passports for lost ones. The arrival record will have to be found and the information entered into your new passport. You should have old passport information and date/flight you arrived on to help in search.

At least you have genuine reason to stay here a bit longer. Could be worse you could be in stuck in Cambodia.. What did immigration advise you to do?

airport said go back to your embassy...i almost laugh my ass off.

I have a letter from the US Embassy stating it was lost.

I even showed them at airport, still found nothing on their computers.

So what good does it do go to the main office in immgration to just hear the same thing?

I got a flight at 1:00 am I need to be on that plane.(Monday April 21)

You would think immigration databases could find a person by name

maybe i should say i never got an entry stamp and just lie.

Be easier than going thru this red tape.I cant cancel a second flight.

I suspect that Embassy letter tells you to visit Suan Phlu to transfer entry information into your new passport and asks them to do it for you. If you legally entered the country there will be a record of it. But it will greatly help to know the date/place of entry.

I cant remember the old passport number, if they say its not on their computer database

then what?

I came here ten years ago

old airport

so i doubt its on their database since at the new airport had nothing on it.

This is a nightmare have a job in China, that I want to get to

cant because the immigration dept cant find any info.

i know tommorrow at immigration will be a joke

and probably have to cancel again all because thai immigration cant get their head out of their ass

i will never come back here

If you came here 10 years ago, had visa and made 90 day reports, the records of all of that, plus copies of your old passport are at the immigration office where all of this was done. The US embassy gives a letter requesting Thai immigration to transfer old visa info etc into a new passport. If you are not legal on your stay in Thailand, your last sentence is probably very correct. That may only one of your problems.

I cant remember the old passport number, if they say its not on their computer database

then what?

I came here ten years ago

old airport

so i doubt its on their database since at the new airport had nothing on it.

This is a nightmare have a job in China, that I want to get to

cant because the immigration dept cant find any info.

i know tommorrow at immigration will be a joke

and probably have to cancel again all because thai immigration cant get their head out of their ass

i will never come back here

Shouldn't have lost your first one. :o

You have been living here for the last 10 years without leaving? If you were here for 10 years without leaving, was your passport even valid anymore? Do you have any records about your extensions of stay over the last 10 years? Any copies of your old passport left over from the last 10 extensions of stay? The US embassy should be able to tell you the number of your old passport. Surprised it was not listed on the letter from the embassy stating that you got a replacement passport. What office have you been using for your extensions of stay for the last 10 years? What offices have you been using for your 90 day reports? Seems like they might have some information there that could help you.

You have been living here for the last 10 years without leaving? If you were here for 10 years without leaving, was your passport even valid anymore? Do you have any records about your extensions of stay over the last 10 years? Any copies of your old passport left over from the last 10 extensions of stay? The US embassy should be able to tell you the number of your old passport. Surprised it was not listed on the letter from the embassy stating that you got a replacement passport. What office have you been using for your extensions of stay for the last 10 years? What offices have you been using for your 90 day reports? Seems like they might have some information there that could help you.

American passports are good for 10 years and yes letter from Embassy didn't state the old number

We used to have American citizens working there so the Thai staff doesn't care and they wonder why we get upset?

I hope they don't say go back to your embassy to get the old number, then that makes you upset when the Thai Immigration can easily call them.

By the way my passport was stolen by my ex girlfriend and never found her again....lol....police searched never found her

This whole ordeal has made me nuts, nobody knows what the other hand is doing.I don't see how Thailand has ever survived.LOL!!!

I hope i get all my stuff back get an exit stamp get the hel_l out of dodge.

My advice to anyone is don't lose your passport!Believe me I wont ever be foolish around Asian women again.

Its just very frustrating too many hassles, to much mis-information, one says this and says that how do you know who's telling the truth.

I hope by this time tomorrow, I can leave on that plane.LOL!!! THAILAND HAS KIDNAP ME!!! LOL!

Surely you've stayed at a hotel or guesthouse since you came to Thailand.

THEY keep records of your passport number. Most ALSO KEEP YOUR ENTRY CARD NUMBER.

Call any of these places and they can get your entry card number!!!!!

THEY keep records of your passport number. Most ALSO KEEP YOUR ENTRY CARD NUMBER.

were talking ten years ago pre-9/11

i did check in never copied or looked at my passport

i hope this doesnt get worse

its the immigration dept who must prove my entry date

i'm not immigration

American passports are good for 10 years and yes letter from Embassy didn't state the old number

That is why I wondered if your passport was even valid anymore. If you have been here for 10 years, you would have either had to get a new passport during that time from the Bangkok embassy or it would have expired because it was only good for 10 years.

I hope they don't say go back to your embassy to get the old number, then that makes you upset when the Thai Immigration can easily call them.

Don't know that they would just give that information to someone calling on the phone claiming to be Thai immigration. I am sure there is some type of privacy concerns where they would not give it out.

By the way my passport was stolen by my ex girlfriend and never found her again....lol....police searched never found her

If you have a police report, reporting it stolen that might help.

This whole ordeal has made me nuts, nobody knows what the other hand is doing.I don't see how Thailand has ever survived.LOL!!!

People have to do this quite often and do not usually have these problems. Maybe just a problem since your entry was 10 years ago and not just a couple of months. Still think that wherever you file your 90 day reports and where you got your extensions should have some paperwork that could help you.

I hope i get all my stuff back get an exit stamp get the hel_l out of dodge.

I hope so to.

I hope by this time tomorrow, I can leave on that plane.LOL!!! THAILAND HAS KIDNAP ME!!! LOL!

Have a good time in China. I lived there full time for a few years, and have been there about half the time for the last 4 years and to tell you the truth, I prefer Bangkok.

You seem to avoid the posts of where and what records are on file for a legal stay in Thailand for 10 years. If you were turned back at airport, canceled a flight, why would you book another flight before going to Thai immigration? People who have spent 10 years away from their own country would know enough to keep copy of picture/name page of passport on them. Even people from USA should know this. Dont blame Thai workers at embassey, computer problems, ex girlfriend etc you got into this (and I dont mean lost passport) mess so accept what you have coming.

were talking ten years ago pre-9/11

i did check in never copied or looked at my passport

i hope this doesnt get worse

i'm not immigration

I think he is saying that if you could get the entry card number, then you could give that to immigration and that might help them in locating your entry. But if you have been here for 10 years on extensions, your initial entry into Thailand is not what you are going to need. Because it will only show 30 or 90 days or however long you were allowed to stay when you first entered 10 years ago. I think you would need information from your last extension of stay that showed that you are legally in the country now and that your permitted to stay date on your extension has not passed.

I'm affraid that it's you that must prove your entry date. Immigration work for the state, not you.

If you cannot support documents that prove a legitimate stay in the Kingdom, you may be on a flight home sooner than you think. Do not pass China, do not collect $200.

Goto immigration and then get back to us ....

Its not a over stay, I'm legal

simply lost a passport trying to get back on track to leave.

Believe me I had copies of my first passport was in a bag and it got stolen with all my id's

the old number was like 11 digits new one post-9/11 is 9 new number.

Maybe my story can help others, i will report back from China what happened.

I know its no big deal, just a painful process.

I have a plane ticket to Shanghai...plus visa to China

I remeber the date I entered

I wont get deported like u may think.

Watch I wont I'm American tehy cant touch me.

Tommorrow am on plane to Shanghai

not USA

I bet you 50,000 baht i wont be kick out.

Believe me I had copies of my first passport was in a bag and it got stolen with all my id's

not USA

Quite the contrary my good man...oh yes they can.

Please quit making silly statements like these as they make the rest of us American's here look as foolish as you.

People here are trying to help you. :o

Curious. When my passport was stolen, I had no trouble exiting the country on the new passport with that same letter from the Embassy and a Police report. It took an extra half an hour in Immigration at the airport for them to verify my entry date. Of course, I had a photocopy of my original passport front page, entry stamp, and arrival card.

The OP is apparently either laboring under the misconception that it's Immigration's job to prove when he entered the country, or he cannot prove it because he has not been in the country legally. Since I doubt anybody would miss two flights due to being too stubborn to get the needed info, it seems the latter is more likely and the data doesn't exist.

not USA

Quite the contrary my good man...oh yes they can.

Please quit making silly statements like these as they make the rest of us American's here look as foolish as you.

People here are trying to help you. :o

I think it's obvious he's on the wind up (making it up) and playing silly little boys from His computer. :D

You should have received an letter from the embassy for the immigration. the letter asks the officers to issue a new visa. There are still numerous reasons why you do not show up in the computer. With an letter from the embassy you will make it out, and otherwise, there is still a nice boat trip that you can make, a bit expensive maybe.

I intimately know the good people at the American Citizen Services that are responsible for the issuance of new passports in Thailand as I have dug several Americans out of the IDC who had lost their passports.

I also know that the ACS do give a letter with the old passport number and, they do tell the person that has lost their passport that they HAVE to go to Suan Plu and get a clearance/stampover into the new passport before they can leave!

Rest assured your attitude may just get you some sweaty male company at the IDC for a few days while they sort out your case!

Been there done that.

Badbanker

This does sound a little fishy, and did anyone note the sudden change in grammatical ability and spelling?

I was going to mention that after being here ten years I would suspect the OP had a bank account, and we all know how many copies of your passport that takes.

I also know that the ACS do give a letter with the old passport number and, they do tell the person that has lost their passport that they HAVE to go to Suan Plu and get a clearance/stampover into the new passport before they can leave!

Thank's Badbanker for confirming that.

This thread looks like a bad joke :D

Why else would Aerosboy refuse to give any information about "its 10 years legal stay" ? :o

I had lost my American passport got a new one.So therefore had no entry stamp on any pages only a China Visa.

They check 12 times had 2-3 people searching on their computer found nothing(Immigration at airport)

So if Monday I go to Immigration and they too say we have no record of entry into Thailand how do i get out?

Ted

After you were reissued your US Passport they also would have given you a letter to take to Thai Immigration and to the Embassy of any other country for which ytou had a valid visa. If you need one for Thailand or any other country you need to go back to the Embassy and get the letter reissued for Thailand and any other poertinent country's visa that you need. If you have your original passport number there should be no problem finding your file. For some reason I think that all the facts are not being offered here.

Ted

TIT - and the thai catch 22 situation - have u still got your inbound flight ticket ??- or can u get confirmation that you infact flew here with so and so airline -- and so much for the database records --

this is a good reason why a photo copy of your passport is always handy - just for little situations like this - but how the hel_l do they think you arrived - ??? hope you have some luck -- and if you update your passport -= not lost - always keep the old passport = i have 3 of mine now stapled to gether -- just in case --

good luck

This does sound a little fishy, and did anyone note the sudden change in grammatical ability and spelling?

I was going to mention that after being here ten years I would suspect the OP had a bank account, and we all know how many copies of your passport that takes.

Yeah, sounds pretty hokey to me as well. Especially when viewing some of his other posts.

(posted today)

(also posted today)

My Thai gf is Chinese, but shes highly educated, speak English as good as me.Plus she works hard and isnt a gold digger.

Shes 28 I'm 47 and we know true love.Top that!

That was quick. From ex-g/f stealing passport and "ids", to getting a new passport (without ID ?), Chinese Visa, and a Chinese-Thai girlfriend (despite this little gem, also posted today:)

My advice to anyone is don't lose your passport!Believe me I wont ever be foolish around Asian women again.

And in the thread about "How would you change Immigration Laws", here is his response (today):

I BAN ALL ASIANS FR0M ENTERING USA

PAY BIG MONEY $20,000 TO ENTER TO COUNTER THAI CRAP FOR OVER STAY

THAI PAY TRIPLE

At least now I have a little better insight into this comment in a thread about Tourist Police Volunteers (posted today. Somebody's been quite busy !)

I seriously doubt you get a visa, teh key word is"volunteer"meaning you get no money.

It be cool to beat up on some bar girls if they screw over a farang.

He must be the US Ambassador to Thailand. Who else, after 10 years here, would think this:

Not to mention that in his first couple of posts, he signs off as "Dave", but then in later posts, changes it to "Ted".

Somehow, I don't think the Kingdom will shed any tears over his departure. Hopefully he is able to leave (maybe later than expected ?) :o

Edited by Kerryd