Thai Girl To Singapore

Quick question as i'm trying to get a fast visa run setup flying to singapore from bangkok. Will my fiancee need her passport to travel to singapore or will a Thai ID card suffice? i'm assuming she needs her passport, but I thought i'd ask. The singapore Consulate website doesn't tell about thai nationals needing one or not.

Quick question as i'm trying to get a fast visa run setup flying to singapore from bangkok. Will my fiancee need her passport to travel to singapore or will a Thai ID card suffice? i'm assuming she needs her passport, but I thought i'd ask. The singapore Consulate website doesn't tell about thai nationals needing one or not.

Yes she will need a passport. ID card is not enough to go out by plane. It is enough sometimes at border crossings and then only for very short periods.

Singapore is easy for Thais and they will get up to 3 months no questions asked

My experience was that Mrs CC got only a 15 day visa exempt stamp at Changi. No real problems but the immigration official was a bit daft and generally snotty about the whole thing:

Q: what is your relationship with this lady?

A: well, we have the same family name but we're obviously not brother and sister now are we?

I know I shouldn't be sarcastic with people in uniforms :o but that was a REALLY dumb question imho

They didn't ask to see proof of onward travel though. And getting Mrs CC's dependants visa couldn't have been simpler once she was actually allowed into SG...

CC

My experience was that Mrs CC got only a 15 day visa exempt stamp at Changi. No real problems but the immigration official was a bit daft and generally snotty about the whole thing:

A: well, we have the same family name but we're obviously not brother and sister now are we?

I know I shouldn't be sarcastic with people in uniforms :o but that was a REALLY dumb question imho

They didn't ask to see proof of onward travel though. And getting Mrs CC's dependants visa couldn't have been simpler once she was actually allowed into SG...

CC

I think you are right. They give 14/15 days entry stamp at changi to Thai nationals. How can anyone get more than that, I just wonder. :D

CC

I think you are right. They give 14/15 days entry stamp at changi to Thai nationals. How can anyone get more than that, I just wonder. :D

Not sure, I always assumed it was the 14 days, but the last time myself and Mrs T went down she got a 30 day stamp. No idea why, but thats what she got.

My Thai wife with Thai passport got 30 days stamp on arrival just last month, no problem or question.

She had a return ticket with return flight 21 days after arrival, but the ticket was not asked for.

She has been to Singapore with me once or twice a year for the last 8 years, staying 29 days several times.

J.

CC

First time I took the ex down she got 15 days but the second time I asked straight out for 30 days and it was given. If they get only the 15 days they can automatically extend it to 30 days at Imigration - you might be able to do it online.

All the working girls come down here for 30 days - 15 is not economical for them to do.

No visa needed to entery Malaysia either, 30 days visa exempt.

There are of course exceptions in regards of the ASEAN Countries being visa free, as Khmers need a visa to enter Thailand, and Thai citizens need a visa for Cambodia.

No visa needed to entery Malaysia either, 30 days visa exempt.

There are of course exceptions in regards of the ASEAN Countries being visa free, as Khmers need a visa to enter Thailand, and Thai citizens need a visa for Cambodia.

She can get the khmer visa at the border right? :o I can driver her car into Cambodia as well? And Indonesia is visa free?

CC

Maybe with a name like Chaos they though you were up to no good. :D

Passport holders of ASEAN countries do not need to obtain a visa in advance to visit other ASEAN countrires

My pal and colleague who is a senior researcher in Oncology certainly needs a visa to enter Thailand and he is from an ASEAN country - Burma

The number of visa's he needs is one reason why he may take Singapore citizenship this year as he travels worldwide on a regular basis and visa's are a nightmare ie he needed to go in person to thailand from Singapore in person to pick up a visa for Argentina or Brazil (I forget which) - this is when wehad to rush to get him a thai visa so he could enter o pick up the visa

All the working girls come down here for 30 days - 15 is not economical for them to do.

what sort of work? Medical research? :D

Of course - we have a lot of Thai colleagues come down in that field :o

I was with about 15 of them in Taiwan last week too :D

Just had them do a straw poll in their office - they all get 30 days when they come here without asking.

CC

Maybe with a name like Chaos they though you were up to no good. :D

D'OH!!! :D

This was Feb 07 when Mrs Chaos made her one and only VOA trip to SG - maybe they've relaxed the rules, seem to have relaxed most other immigration policies somewhat. Anyway, now she has her dependants visa and the green card thingy and can come and go as she pleases so no complaints from us...

CC (up to no good as usual)

My wife's been to Singapore with me a couple of times, traveling first as girlfriend and later as wife and has always received a 30-day entry stamp no questions asked.

Passport holders of ASEAN countries do not need to obtain a visa in advance to visit other ASEAN countrires

Not true. Although ASEAN inked an agreement to allow this, it's never been implemented (which is standard operating procedure for ASEAN agreements - an utter waste of time and money) and probably never will. Example, Thailand requires visas from Burmese and Cambodians. Cambodia requires visas from Thais, Burmese, Vietnamese, and Indonesians, etc.

She can get the khmer visa at the border right? ohmy.gif I can driver her car into Cambodia as well?

Yes, she can get a visa at the border, same as most every other country. You can drive her car into Cambodia but you'll almost certainly regret doing it.

Thai's get 15 days and cannot do land route visa runs. Singapore is not a next door neighbour and does not have a reciprocal agreement with Thailand so she needs her passport

• 3 weeks later...
Yes she will need a passport. ID card is not enough to go out by plane. It is enough sometimes at border crossings and then only for very short periods.

Sorry for a question that may have been asked before - does a Thai national need a passport to visit Vientiane in Laos for about two days, or does the ID Card suffice?

Edited by 7