Very Impressed

pepi1

Just returned from holiday in Hua Hin and in particular the Sofitel hotel.

What a pleasant suprise, nice people in HH, no tricks, just a few bars and good clean resturants.

After crap places (imo), like Cha Am and Pattaya ,well done HH. Should have visited it a long time ago.

Cheers

Just returned from holiday in Hua Hin and in particular the Sofitel hotel.

What a pleasant suprise, nice people in HH, no tricks, just a few bars and good clean resturants.

After crap places (imo), like Cha Am and Pattaya ,well done HH. Should have visited it a long time ago.

Cheers

Looks like you're putting Cha am and Pattaya in the same category. Care to expound?

First of all, the OP spent the time in Hua Hin staying at the Sofitel. I don;t know about Cha-Am having something comparable. My single night at the beach and hotel in Cha-Am, with 50 ajarns, was disappointing and forgettable.

Anyway, glad to hear the OP had so much praise for Hua Hin, even if the criticism of Cha-Am was unwarranted.

First of all, the OP spent the time in Hua Hin staying at the Sofitel. I don;t know about Cha-Am having something comparable. My single night at the beach and hotel in Cha-Am, with 50 ajarns, was disappointing and forgettable.

Anyway, glad to hear the OP had so much praise for Hua Hin, even if the criticism of Cha-Am was unwarranted.

While not in "downtown" Cha am, I believe the Dusit qualifies .. although it may have aged a bit by now. Then there is the new Sheraton? a little further north

Hua Hin is a great place.

After 7 years on Koh Samui I decided to investigate alternative locations.

I spent 4 months and traveled some 12,500 kilometers in my search. Hua Hin stood out by a country mile! There's absolutely no comparison. As the OP states nice and helpful people, lovely restaurants, clean, civilised and most of all - QUIET.

My only regret is I didn't come here 7 years ago.

I have to say that my overall experience of Hua Hin was very good. Enjoyed the rather peaceful environment there, even though it was Songkran.

Some decent places to eat and drink, but it was also not overcrowded. Will certainly head backdown for a weekend later in the year.

Haven't been to HH since I moved to SG but it used to be a fave location for Mrs CC and I to go for the weekend. About the right balance of activity and relaxing for us. Enjoyed going to Cha Am on occasions too when in the mood for a more Thai (rather than international) feeling resort. Beach is a bit nicer up there but that's just my opinion...

Always involved a lunch stop at Don Hoi Lot on the way back to BKK! :o

Edited by Captain Chaos

I have to totally agree with sunrise07, Please moderators stop this thread immediately for humanity's sake. Hua Hin is almost the only place in Thailand I actually look forward to going to to unwind from time to time. I don't know what I would do if it changed too much. It doesn't need anything else, certainly no more people of any decription. I emlpore everybody, let this thread die and keep shtum about it!

Hua Hin is a great place.

After 7 years on Koh Samui I decided to investigate alternative locations.

I spent 4 months and traveled some 12,500 kilometers in my search. Hua Hin stood out by a country mile! There's absolutely no comparison. As the OP states nice and helpful people, lovely restaurants, clean, civilised and most of all - QUIET.

My only regret is I didn't come here 7 years ago.

Similar situation for me. Lived a long time in Samui and when it lost its charm i moved here about a year ago only. Allthought i miss alot of friends and some of the nice beaches i have to say hua hin is so far a very pleasant surprise. To mention some thing i would say that i feel safer here. In samui laws are not excisting. People drive drunk with no licence every night and i dont feel safe to walk, and especially i dont want my kid to walk there. Boys drive motorbikes already at the age of 5 sometimes, no helmet. Police do nothing. After alot of years with bribes as the only law (everything from immigration,police,tessaban, etc, etc) it feels nice to be in a real community. Also infrastructure. Roads, schools, hospitals, no powerbreaks 4 times a week, not as much loose dogs, garbage is taken care of.

Allthought i dont want to be as hard on Samui as you are i have to say this is better.

Long live HuaHin!!

/easer

Please stop posting positive things about Hua Hin. It will only encourage more people to come!

Advertise Hua Hin like this pointless post.

Anything to do with the Estate Agency with the same name that closed under a cloud?

Please stop posting positive things about Hua Hin. It will only encourage more people to come!

Advertise Hua Hin like this pointless post.

Anything to do with the Estate Agency with the same name that closed under a cloud?

I beleive you might be on to something very close to the truth here!! Unfortunately its also a sponsor of this forum so i think we best be quiet about our knowledge!!! :o