Bkk Entry Level Employment Help

Hi All,

My partner & I just got done putting her brother through uni. He graduated from one of the Rajabaht universities and has completed his on the job internship over the last year. His course of study was in mass media, including photography, web publishing, producing DVDs, etc. He's currently looking for an entry level position in Bkk. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to look or any potential opportunities available? If so please contact me via PM or respond here. I'd like to get him over to the UK, but they've tighted up the immigration policies so much that it's essentially impossible to do it legally.

Thanks in advance for any responses or suggestions.

Cheers,

Spee

Hi All,

My partner & I just got done putting her brother through uni. He graduated from one of the Rajabaht universities and has completed his on the job internship over the last year. His course of study was in mass media, including photography, web publishing, producing DVDs, etc. He's currently looking for an entry level position in Bkk. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to look or any potential opportunities available? If so please contact me via PM or respond here. I'd like to get him over to the UK, but they've tighted up the immigration policies so much that it's essentially impossible to do it legally.

Thanks in advance for any responses or suggestions.

Cheers,

Spee

Jobsdb.com is a good place to start.

If he has a GPA of less than 3 tell him to hit the books again or start in something else; Rajabaht is already not a 'name' university so he will struggle a bit unless he has great grades and presents well.

he has a GPA of less than 3 tell him to hit the books again or start in something else; Rajabaht is already not a 'name' university so he will struggle a bit unless he has great grades and presents well.

Thanks for that. I had the impression that the Rajabaht uni's were probably more like the equivalent of vocational tech schools in the west, so the students are effectively learning a trade rather than achieving an accredited BA or BS undergraduate degree. Still, one has to start somewhere. I've seen some of his DVD production and photography work and it's not bad for an amateur. I've been telling him for two years to build a portfolio and use that to help sell himself.

he has a GPA of less than 3 tell him to hit the books again or start in something else; Rajabaht is already not a 'name' university so he will struggle a bit unless he has great grades and presents well.

Thanks for that. I had the impression that the Rajabaht uni's were probably more like the equivalent of vocational tech schools in the west, so the students are effectively learning a trade rather than achieving an accredited BA or BS undergraduate degree. Still, one has to start somewhere. I've seen some of his DVD production and photography work and it's not bad for an amateur. I've been telling him for two years to build a portfolio and use that to help sell himself.

yep, it didn't used to be a university, but somehow got converted; I think TRT decided to secure all the teacher votes and made them all university staff instead of vocational college people (which is what it should have stayed).

Building CV will definitely help, but most of all, just be willing to start on a low wage and get stuck in. After 2 years of work experience, then the CV looks strong based on experience not degree anyhow.

Where did he do his internship? Usually that is to get a foot in the door; anyone good usually gets offered a job.

If he has b*lls then he could start doing some cold calling to production houses. Trouble is most will not really consider his uni to be up there; they can choose from graduates in the same sorts of fields with degrees from USC, UCLA and the wanky private schools that are utter rubbish but charge a lot, GOlden Gate that sort of thing.