Sending Sms To Usa

Seizhin

And so, I thought I couldnt send any SMS overseas, however, I was proved wrong earlier by another friend who was in Malaysia.

I could easily exchange SMS with her without much trouble.

Now I tried resending another SMS to my sisters in the USA, but I recieved the same "Failed" message.

I dont feel like getting another unwanted remarks from the DTAC operator, so I decided to ask here.

I could call my sister with the 007-1-(3 digit area code)-(7 digit number) but I've yet to be able to send them any SMS by 1-(3 digit area code)-(7 digit number).

Any help is really appreciated.

EDIT: I'm using an unregistered DTAC service.

Edited by Seizhin

Sending + receiving SMS to USA was complicated when I was doing this 4 years ago. I was in USA and could not send to my Thai lady, because she had 12-Call and they did not have an agreement with a USA carrier. I could receiver her messages, but I could not send any to her. I had to use the internet for this. My USA carrier AT&T did have an agreement with Orange (now True Move), but I never had the opportunity to try it then. I don't know if the situation is still the same, but you might inquire about this compatibility issue. I could make voice calls to her OK, but no sending SMS.

Thanks for the heads up, after some test with my sis in the US, everything went fine for the DTAC.

I just had trouble with the "+" thing as I need to hold one of my handphone's button down for the "+"

Many thanks to both of you.

Guest Reimar

If you've an paid account by Skype, use Skype for to send SMS, is even more cheap than AIS if you send in Thailand. Overseas is more cheap.

Cheers.

If you've an paid account by Skype, use Skype for to send SMS, is even more cheap than AIS if you send in Thailand. Overseas is more cheap.

Cheers.

Skype is great!... But understand if you send someone a sms thru Skype and then log off the sms recipient will get an error when trying to reply to you... the sms will bounce back to them saying the Skype user is not online to accept your sms.