Interesting Link Here To A Laos Visa-run..................

Pointless, indeed, and full of nonsense. “...you have to get one of the Lao to fill in your Lao immigration forms and pay Bt100 to get another to fill in the corresponding Thai immigration forms outside the embassy.”

That’s where I stopped reading. The writer obviously has not the slightest idea what he is talking about. It is a complete waste of time to click on the link in the OP and read that useless article or reader’s letter in the Pattaya Daily News. Utter nonsense.

--

Maestro

Pointless, indeed, and full of nonsense. “...you have to get one of the Lao to fill in your Lao immigration forms and pay Bt100 to get another to fill in the corresponding Thai immigration forms outside the embassy.”

That’s where I stopped reading. The writer obviously has not the slightest idea what he is talking about. It is a complete waste of time to click on the link in the OP and read that useless article or reader’s letter in the Pattaya Daily News. Utter nonsense.

--

Maestro

Yes, that article is packed with nonsense and it would seem the author was drunk while he wrote it.

Properly organised by a "non-moron", a visa run trip to Vientiane can be a pleasant experience.

Edited by tropo

Pointless, indeed, and full of nonsense. "...you have to get one of the Lao to fill in your Lao immigration forms and pay Bt100 to get another to fill in the corresponding Thai immigration forms outside the embassy."

That's where I stopped reading. The writer obviously has not the slightest idea what he is talking about. It is a complete waste of time to click on the link in the OP and read that useless article or reader's letter in the Pattaya Daily News. Utter nonsense.

--

Maestro

Yes, that article is packed with nonsense and it would seem the author was drunk while he wrote it.

Properly organised by a "non-moron", a visa run trip to Vientiane can be a pleasant experience.

Being someone that needs to do the visa run to Laos shortly and having a 4 year old to take with, can someone please give me a realistic rundown of what to do, how to do it and what to expect?

Thanks

Pointless, indeed, and full of nonsense. "...you have to get one of the Lao to fill in your Lao immigration forms and pay Bt100 to get another to fill in the corresponding Thai immigration forms outside the embassy."

That's where I stopped reading. The writer obviously has not the slightest idea what he is talking about. It is a complete waste of time to click on the link in the OP and read that useless article or reader's letter in the Pattaya Daily News. Utter nonsense.

--

Maestro

Being someone that needs to do the visa run to Laos shortly and having a 4 year old to take with, can someone please give me a realistic rundown of what to do, how to do it and what to expect?

Thanks

If you peruse the main thread Vientiane Lao For Thai Visa Update , you will find step by step details on what to do, what to expect, etc. I just got back last week and it was a piece of cake. Really, very very simple. The only thing that can be difficult or rather uncomfortable is traveling there, especially in the heat. Also Monday's have very long lines at all immigration check points.