My Friend Says, "help - Thai Wife Is Selling My Stuff!....."

DavidOxon

You couldn't make this stuff even if you tried! Having said that, it's all so ridiculous that I'm 50/50 on whether this is a troll post or not.
Me too, but even if it isnt another one will be posted next week,and the one after and so on, any advice given is usually in one bar and out of another,.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to quote my old adage:

Never invest more in Thailand than you are prepared to walk away from.

Sounds like brilliant advice. Would you mind listing those countries where it would be a good idea to invest more than you are prepared to walk away with?

Sorry to quote my old adage:

Never invest more in Thailand than you are prepared to walk away from.

Sounds like brilliant advice. Would you mind listing those countries where it would be a good idea to invest more than you are prepared to walk away with?

...and I don't remember reading about this guy making any investments. He simply gave a house to his wife. Clearly, that ain't his and never was.

I shall reiterate my little poem for all those considering marriage, be it in LoS or anywhere.

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run!

You can always go and have some fun!

Cr@p isn't it?

hi guys and gals, posting this on behalf of a friend.

This guy met a Thai woman and after a brief romance married her.

They bought land in her name (as any farang must) there was a house on it

but the land document has the land showing no construction.

He paid direct from European account to the sellers account with the money never touching

his Thai account.

If he paid directly from his European account there will be transfer papers etc showing this, in a divorce situation this would be classed as evidence. She on the other hand has no such paperwork and if they inspected her bank accounts they would probably find that she had no money anyhow so it would have been impossible for her to make the purchase.

Turns out to be a worst case scenario.

Looks like the wife may be schizophrenic.

After coming after him in the night with a knife, he decided to leg it for safety.

May be, then again may not be, I would say more likely a money hungry bitch.

She has taken possesion of the house, and also a factory unit with accomodation

and changed the locks etc.

He has a lot of historical personal family documents and such as well as all his

things from before he met her plus a car in his name and a motorbike in his name and one in hers.

He also equipped a hairdressing salon that the wife is now running at a healthy profit.

Any vehicle in his name is his,

The wife drinks, plays cards, sleeps around and now has her current boyfriend

living in my friends house.

A sweeping statement,, she was probably doing all this when he met her, you need proof of sleeping around as you put it.

He hired a legal firm to help him get the stuff back

and went to the house with a van, 3 guys from the lawyers office and 2 local policemen.

The wife turned up with the village head (whom she is blackmailing into helping her after sleeping with

him and is now threatening to tell his wife if he doesn't help)

along with 3 henchmen.

Now, just what makes you think she is sleeping with the Poi Yai and blackmailing him and now threatening him, I doubt it, threats like that end up with dire consequences for the troublemaker.

The Lawyer's men and the policemen were useless and really left him to himself

all he was able to get were a few bits and pieces from the factory accomodation.

She has also reported 'his' bank card missing and had his foriegn currency account frozen by the bank on her request

He just needs to contact his bank and sort it out.

He has these questions.

1. Is the property he owned before they got married still legally his.

Yes

2. Does the wife have the right to sell or otherwise dispose of his property without his permission.

No, if it is legally his property i.e. car

3. Does the wife have the right to keep him out of the house

In this situation Yes, as it's in her name

4. As there was only a land document with a dash in the construction box, who owns the house

Questionable

5. Is the wife allowed to have the new boyfriend and her grandmother live in the house without his permission.

6. Can he report his car stolen as the new boyfriend is driving it about without his permission.

Yes

7. Can he get his motorbike back that his wife gave to her policeman brother and other stuff she's givien away

With the right lawyer

8. Is there any legal way he can get his property back faced with intimidation at the house. particularly the personal family documents (he has a famous relative)

9. The lawyers he hired guaranteed him to get his property gack for 50,000 bht - he's paid half, should he try to get it back?

Was the guarantee in writing?

10 Is Schizophrenia a recognised disease in Thailand? If so, can he get his marriage annulled and all her signitures voided.

Are you or your phantom friend Doctors? if not stop clutching at straws.

11 can he apply to any court here to get her diagnosed against her will?

There is more, much more but you get the gist. It's a real mess, he needs his family papers and his sanity back.

He will be reading here so constructive answers only please - you Know what I mean!

Thanks

David

The whole thing sounds typical of Thailand, just another person being ripped off. When will these men start thinking with their brains.

He needs to find a good lawyer quickly, preferably an expat lawyer.

It actually isn't funny at all.

After 6 years of marriage and two kids my missus got involved with the wrong crowd and I ended up in the exact same situation as the OP's friend.

He was lucky enough to get his sh1t back whereas I was lucky enough to escape with my life.

Good can turn bad if given the right drugs and the wrong people.

6 years, sorry to hear that it went wrong.

Did you ever post about your experience?

I would like to hear your experience. Did you have to give up the kids? And did you start again from scratch etc etc?

I dont remember where i read it, but it was quite recent and i think it was in one of the scandinavian publications in Pattaya.

They had listed all the reasons accepted by thai law to file for divorce. One of them was that the spouse was physically unfit for sex :-)

And of course infidelity or posing as someone elses spouse was on the list.

Hope your friend can get hold of the list and find something useful.

Just found it. It is in the April edition of www.pattayatidende.com

Its written in norwegian and i cant link to it (stupid iPhone) but its in their archive.

Perhaps someone could translate it and talk with mods to make it a sticky?

Would be really helpful to a great number of forum members.

If one of the mods contacted me i could give it a try.

Just found it. It is in the April edition of www.pattayatidende.com

Its written in norwegian and i cant link to it (stupid iPhone) but its in their archive.

Perhaps someone could translate it and talk with mods to make it a sticky?

Would be really helpful to a great number of forum members.

If one of the mods contacted me i could give it a try.

Google translator!

I'll have go. I doing anything right now to avoid painting garden walls.

No - she is perfectly normal.

We too married 7 years, she can get a good mood on! but, even when shes in kitchen, and theres alot of slamming cupbroads etc.. My dinner still comes out the door on a plate! LOL :)

No - she is perfectly normal.

We too married 7 years, she can get a good mood on! but, even when shes in kitchen, and theres alot of slamming cupbroads etc.. My dinner still comes out the door on a plate! LOL :)

Nothing to do with Thai, that's just a standard woman.

I think some are missing the point that all of us blokes who'd messed up blame it on them being Thai. It's not Thai bashing, it's female bashing.

Sorry girls!

does waking up in the middle of the night punching me because i dream cheated on her count as schizo?

You've had that one too?

I'm planning to get my money back by publishing a book and then a movie about the experience of living with a sociopathic bar girl. The title? - "One flew over the buffalo shed".

Wow..think "a mess" is an understatement...

9. The lawyers he hired guaranteed him to get his property gack for 50,000 bht - he's paid half, should he try to get it back?"...by the looks of this he is being scammed by the lawyer as well....how can any "lawyer" guarantee him he will get his property back..!!!

The fact is the property is in her name, if solely in her name...its legally hers..she can do with it what she wants..but not to try and preach too much, but the rule is in Thailand..only "invest" money you are prepared to walk away from...

Would guess he would have a shot at getting the car and bike back seeing as they are in his name, so think you could have these reported stolen.....

3. Does the wife have the right to keep him out of the house...Yes if its in her name and certainly if her brother is a BiB...

Personally think he would have to go the legal route ie..sue for divorce and as some of the posters on this site have proved you can get a 50/50 split on divorce grounds, but dont think this is a quick or cheap process...

Well said..."only "invest" money you are prepared to walk away from..."

does waking up in the middle of the night punching me because i dream cheated on her count as schizo?

You've had that one too?

I'm planning to get my money back by publishing a book and then a movie about the experience of living with a sociopathic bar girl. The title? - "One flew over the buffalo shed".

:)

Looks like a few on this thread could too - why, why, why do they marry them?

Whilst reading this thread, I bet there's some :D in Pattaya in the process of building a house in Buriram, Roi Et or Udon Thani.

Edited by Neeranam

Whilst reading this thread, I bet there's some :D in Pattaya in the process of building a house in Buriram, Roi Et or Udon Thani.

Or maybe even khon Kaen, maybe you'll end up renting the very house that is now being built :D

It's a funny old world! :)

BTW, we are still on for that MK Suki in KK mate, I'm outta Thailand at the moment, and last time I was there I stayed in my Pattaya rental ( 4000 per month ! ) cos it was too hot in Isaan, but next time I'm there, you're welcome.

Edited by Maigo6

That reminds me of what happened to me, i lost my internet shop to a scam artist. But after i cooled down, i became friendlier to her, so now i get 1000b everday from her from the business, i know she skips days and she will stop when she reaches 450 000b, but is better then getting nothing at all.

Unfortunate, Thai law sides with a thai before a farang, as we all know, so a bad deal is better then known.

We can all be scammers also, and as impossible it seems, thai can fall faster for a scam than a farang....Good luck

You've had that one too?

:)

Looks like a few on this thread could too - why, why, why do they marry them?

This idiots still painting the second one!

Or maybe even khon Kaen, maybe you'll end up renting the very house that is now being built :D

It's a funny old world! :)

BTW, we are still on for that MK Suki in KK mate, I'm outta Thailand at the moment, and last time I was there I stayed in my Pattaya rental ( 4000 per month ! ) cos it was too hot in Isaan, but next time I'm there, you're welcome.

:D Sound good!