Snake Man Attacks Danish Patron At Central Pattaya..

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: April 26th 2008

Snake Man attacks Danish patron at Central Pattaya Beer Bar.

In the early hours of Saturday Morning, Pattaya Police made their way to the Ferdinand Bar located in Soi Diana Inn to deal with a suspected assault on a foreigner.

At the scene, Police were met by Mr. Freddy Bent aged 47 from Denmark who claimed he was assaulted by a group of Thai Men following a confrontation with a street vendor.

Mr. Bent, who sustained minor facial injuries, explained to Police that he was sitting at the Bar when a Thai Man approached him and suggested he take a picture with a snake. Mr. Bent refused his offer; however the Thai Man was persistent which angered Mr. Bent, who then became involved in a physical altercation with the snake man, later named as Khun Thongchai aged 32.

He was also injured in the fight and claimed that Mr. Bent used abusive language towards him which led him to attack the Danish Bar Patron. Khun Thongchai was charged with assault and will appear in court next week.

I find it odd that in all the time I've spent in/around WS and areas like soi 7, I have NEVER had a problem with any of the street vendors.

If I haven't wanted what ever they were selling (jewellery, photos, photos with snakes/iguanas/what ever, candy, belts, watches, etc), I give them a little shake of the head or hand, or a polite "mai ow khrap" and they move along.

What I find irritating is the frequent, a**hole tourists that seem to think they can be rude and ignorant towards other people. I know it's difficult to get away from the vendors, especially when sitting in an open air bar. In some places it never seems to stop, with a different vendor approaching you every couple of minutes. I know they are coming and I'll try to catch their eyes and give them a little shake of the head and they carry on elsewhere. Never had to be rude, and never had any of them act rude towards me.

I suspect that this particular person was in fact quite rude towards the snakeman. Doesn't justify getting attacked, but I would be interested in hearing what other witnesses say actually happened.

Interesting to that Mr Bent in one sentence claims he "was assaulted by a group of Thai Men" then the rest of the story makes no mention "of a group" of men being involved, and only the snakeman gets arrested.

I'm sure if "a group" of Thai men had been involved, Mr Bent wouldn't have gotten away "minor facial injuries".