Transfering Between Accounts

I want to transfer 400,000 Baht from my aus bank account to my bangkok bank account.

If I front up to a BB branch with my aus bank details can they do this on the spot? is there a limit on how much I can transfer? Will the currency exchange be an issue?

thanks

I think (just my own experience) your Thai bank will not be able to initiate this, you will need to do it yourself

either by sending a signed letter or fax (if allowed) or by phone bank/internet if you have this facility.

Otherwise there should be no problem with doing this transfer and Bt 400k is not an issue.

Instruct your Aus bank to send funds by SWIFT transfer, you will need to provide them with

your Thai bank name, account number, SWIFT code. Also tell them to send the funds in Aus dollars

not Baht as this will get a better rate.

Bangkok Bank SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK

If you send letter by EMS probably allow four days for post, two working days for bank to process and another

2-4 days for funds to arrive in your account.

Naka.

Edited by naka

I need to transfer 2m Baht from UK and have tried to find a pinned entry for details of the limit I can transfer without risking bank controls. I recall that this amount was US$20,000 equivalent but I also thought this figure had been increased. I would like to avoid 3 SWIFT transfers if possible.

The transfer is for land purchase - any advice welcome, thank you

I need to transfer 2m Baht from UK and have tried to find a pinned entry for details of the limit I can transfer without risking bank controls. I recall that this amount was US$20,000 equivalent but I also thought this figure had been increased. I would like to avoid 3 SWIFT transfers if possible.

The transfer is for land purchase - any advice welcome, thank you

This requirement was cancelled some time ago so no need for multiple transfers.

Naka.