Chiang Mai Furnished Apartments

ChiangMaiFurnishedApts

Greetings :

After seeing our advertising banner up on the Chiang Mai forum since January, I suppose you were all wondering why there was no link to our website before now.

Realizing that this banner space was a great location for us to advertise our business we decided to grab it when it became available.

We have been waiting and waiting for some of our properties to be finished and this is what has caused the delay. Things here never go as planned time wise as we have sadly found out.

So, effective June 01 we are open for business ( Finally ).

What we are offering is an " alternative to hotel accommodation " and we feel that people would prefer to rent a Furnished Apartment for a few days as opposed to a generic hotel room when they come to Chiang Mai.

If you have Family or friends coming over, whether you invite them or they invite themselves, offer them this accommodation option and I am sure they will not be disappointed.

In order to initially promote our business or at least have some of you browse through our website and learn a little bit about what we have to offer, we have come up with the following promotion / competition that is only for Thai Visa members.

If you can get the answers to 4 simple questions in to us by May 09 you could win one of 4 great prizes.

Go to www.ChiangMaiFurnishedApartments.Com and in the middle of the home page you will see a link asking Thai Visa Members to " click here ".

You will get all the information there or you can follow the link on the top of the forum page.

Good Luck and hope to see some of you at The Thai Visa Party in Tuskers on May 10, the draw will be at 10 PM by the way.

Thanks to Chas for letting us piggyback in on the party to do this.

Welcome to Thai Visa.

I am going to throw a couple of questions here as they will come up anyway. You can clear the air once and for all. Firstly the photos look very nice. But...

A 32 sqm studio at 1100 baht per day initially doesn't seem a bargain as it is the same size as a hotel room, generally more expensive and without the hotel services, plus locations seem a bit vague. Vague as people on this forum generally know what is where and what it is. Are we talking about, as far a Chiangmai goes, high end condos of which we all know the locations? I ask as 32 sqm seems pretty small and what one usually finds in a low end Thai Style building with no facilities inclusing decent security, pools etc.

Operating in Thailand you have zero tolerance for sex tourists. You will in fact report them to the Thai Police aka BiB and notify their Embassy. What constitutes a sex worker, are wives or girlfriends'boyfriends included? Do you have this policy outside of Thailand?

Greetings :

After seeing our advertising banner up on the Chiang Mai forum since January, I suppose you were all wondering why there was no link to our website before now.

Realizing that this banner space was a great location for us to advertise our business we decided to grab it when it became available.

We have been waiting and waiting for some of our properties to be finished and this is what has caused the delay. Things here never go as planned time wise as we have sadly found out.

So, effective June 01 we are open for business ( Finally ).

What we are offering is an " alternative to hotel accommodation " and we feel that people would prefer to rent a Furnished Apartment for a few days as opposed to a generic hotel room when they come to Chiang Mai.

If you have Family or friends coming over, whether you invite them or they invite themselves, offer them this accommodation option and I am sure they will not be disappointed.

In order to initially promote our business or at least have some of you browse through our website and learn a little bit about what we have to offer, we have come up with the following promotion / competition that is only for Thai Visa members.

If you can get the answers to 4 simple questions in to us by May 09 you could win one of 4 great prizes.

Go to www.ChiangMaiFurnishedApartments.Com and in the middle of the home page you will see a link asking Thai Visa Members to " click here ".

You will get all the information there or you can follow the link on the top of the forum page.

Good Luck and hope to see some of you at The Thai Visa Party in Tuskers on May 10, the draw will be at 10 PM by the way.

Thanks to Chas for letting us piggyback in on the party to do this.

Your website appears to be missing the most important thing that potential customers would want to see, namely pictures of the accommodation.

You don't accept creditcards reasons: the rates for us are below normal and you have to pay between 3 and 5% of the amount.

But you accept Paypal, the most unfair and rigid organisation in the world (IMHO). Also they charge you at least 5% and the rates we get are really criminal.

Please explain.

I cancelled my Paypal account the first, (and last) time I used it to book an apartment in Jomtien.

On top of Paypal's insane requirements, between the service fee and the lousy exchange rate, I thought the person renting the apartment had ripped me off. It turned out that Paypal was the ripoff.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the critique and the questions, I will try and address each as best as I can. Its nice to see that at least some of you have read through the site.

Nienke : Thanks !!, That's so nice of you. I wish I had room for a large dog in my life, but when you grow up it sometimes is a luxury that is not possible.

GravelRash : We have spared no expense when it comes to the furnishings and the fittings, each unit is fitted with a high end pioneer surround sound system and all the appliances are top of the range.

What we are offering as of June 01 is " an alternative to hotel accommodation " whereby you get to stay in a luxury furnished apartment as opposed to a hotel room. A room is just a room but an apartment has a different feeling to it. It's a popular new concept now both in the USA and Europe. We can provide all or most of the services that hotels in Chiang Mai provide at a lower cost. Being able to cook your own meal for instance will automatically save you a fortune as opposed to ordering in from room service.

In an apartment, you can invite friends over, have a business meeting etc….. You would not do this in a hotel room.

Regarding " sex tourism", I and most people find the concept offensive and we would prefer not to entertain this type of activity in our units. There are more than enough hotels in Chiang Mai that will turn a blind eye to it. All of the owners of the units that we will manage have has also applauded this policy.

Of course Wives, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, Gicks and Mianoys do not fall into this category.

ThaiHog : We will have new fotos up in about 2/3 weeks , these are just temporary as we are still furnishing the units.

Electricity costs : After the main electricity meter we will have our own system to measure usage. Its my understanding form reading the specs on these counters that units are a lot larger and from what I am been told, it would be impossible to use 50 units a day. Once the system is set up the rate will be adjusted. Its not a money maker for us, we just want people to be aware and to conserve energy.

I currently am paying 7 THB a unit in the building I am staying in. !!!

Regarding Paypal, we offer it as a convenience and are aware of the charges. Generally with CC's you get stung more.

When the units are totally finished you are all more than welcome to come over and have a look, in the mean time you should all enter the competition and at least try and win the 1500.00 gift certificate from Tuskers even if the 3 free nights stay is something that does not interest you. By the way, if you are living in Chiang Mai then " Chiang Mai " will suffice for the address question in the competition.

See you all hopefully on the 10th.

Regarding " sex tourism", I and most people find the concept offensive and we would prefer not to entertain this type of activity in our units. There are more than enough hotels in Chiang Mai that will turn a blind eye to it. All of the owners of the units that we will manage have has also applauded this policy.

It will be interesting to see how this policy will be implemented as most men will have what they consider to be "girlfriends" and most of them will work in the sex industry full or part time. Although the men very well might not realize it, the Thai staff usually will.

How do you choose who will be bared from the building? Will the girls who specialize as semi-long term "girlfriends" and are "helped out" with a set rate monthly get preference over the ones who demand to be paid daily or will any women who gets money from her fen be bared from entering the building? That is pretty much all of them.

Something tells me that this policy won't last very long. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Someone that you pick up to screw a few times, but no money changes hands.

How are any of these categories other than legally married and registered going to be proved? :o

Thanks - and a good question!

Of course Wives, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, Gicks and Mianoys do not fall into this category.

Since you intend to be the morality police for your paying customers, when can we look forward to policies on how much customers are allowed to drink, smoke, use harsh language and eat enough vegetables?

I know that I love to give money to people who think they they have a right to tell others how to live their life, and I'm sure plenty of others will too. Nothing more relaxing than having the staff scrutinise your behaviour for signs of moral inadequacy.

I'm sure your customer's will consider it an enjoyable part of the hospitality experience to prepare and present evidence documenting an existing relationship prior to allowing a visitor to enter the hallowed premises.

I'm sure that the Thai guests will also find the experience of proving to the reception staff that they are not prostitutes and entering under the constant suspicion that they may be a welcome break from the normal respect for the privacy of others that makes Thailand such an unpleasant place to live.

Chiang Mai Furnished Apartments is a sponsor and I suspect a pretty good guy. He sent me a PM explaining that many of the owners of the apartments desired this rule, but no one will be breaking down any doors to enforce it.

I understand this, but would guess that it will scare away many more customers than it atracts in the long run. It will be interesting to see.

I wish him good luck and would like to get his opinion on this in another year, or so. :o

Couple of points here I will address, or I feel I need to address to put this matter to bed.

Prostitution is illegal , it is an illegal activaty and most of the unit owner have requested that I have a policy like this. It is not uncommon for " clients " to get robbed and this will reflect our business and cause problems for our staff, the unit owner and the building.

Most decent people would and should agree with this policy. Theyrealrubbish if you feel unable to abide by this policy or it offends you, there are plenty of other places to stay in Chiang Mai.

Customers are welcome to drink, curse, eat meat, pray to whatever God they have, eat vegetables ( cooked or uncooked ), pass gas, pick their noses .... etc.

We also have policies against smoking in the apartments for insurance reasons and because non smokers do not like to stay in rooms that smell of smoke. Building regulations and our insurance company prohibit animals in the apartments. We prohibit illegal drug use, in fact all of the above are common rules in most hotels.

" I'm sure your customer's will consider it an enjoyable part of the hospitality experience to prepare and present evidence documenting an existing relationship prior to allowing a visitor to enter the hallowed premises "

We do not require evidence or documentation of an existing relationship, that is just petty. If the person is a registered guest then they can stay in the apartment. same rule in most hotels and for the same reason, I just spell it out so people understand.

The premises are not hallowed as of yet as we havnt had the Monks in yet to do their thing.

"

Couple of points here I will address, or I feel I need to address to put this matter to bed.

Prostitution is illegal , it is an illegal activaty and most of the unit owner have requested that I have a policy like this. It is not uncommon for " clients " to get robbed and this will reflect on us and our staff.

Most decent people would and should agree with this policy. Theyrealrubbish if you feel unable to abide by this policy or it offends you, there are plenty of other places to stay in Chiang Mai.

Customers are welcome to drink, curse, eat meat, pray to whatever God they have, eat vegetables ( cooked or uncooked ), pass gas, pick their noses .... etc.

We also have policies against smoking in the apartments for insurance reasons and because non smokers do not like to stay in rooms that smell of smoke. Building regulations and our insurance company prohibit animals in the apartments. We prohibit illegal drug use, in fact all of the above are common rules in most hotels.

" I'm sure your customer's will consider it an enjoyable part of the hospitality experience to prepare and present evidence documenting an existing relationship prior to allowing a visitor to enter the hallowed premises "

We do not require evidence or documentation of an existing relationship, that is just petty. If the person is a registered guest then they can stay in the apartment. same rule in most hotels and for the same reason, I just spell it out so people understand.

The premises are not hallowed as of yet as we havnt had the Monks in yet to do their thing.

"

You could have merely stated that the apartments are "family friendly and only registered guests can remain overnight". Instead you decided to include a diatribe in your marketing materials on the offensiveness of sex tourists and how everyone should agree with your view.

I'm a decent person and I don't agree with your view that I "should" agree with your policy or the way you present it to potential guests. I find it offensive that you think I should and by implication that by not agreeing I am by definition "indecent". Your statement also reinforces my initial disgust as you have made a presumption of me that I am a sex tourist and user of prostitutes purely because I object to your presumption. I find it offensive when any "moralist" tries to force their particular flavours of morality on others and judges others based only on their prejudices against anyone who disagrees with them.

The self-righteousness in your web site will probably attract plenty of guests who feel the way you do. But I feel sorry for any guests who accidentally stumble into your church without the full set of beliefs you judge as being correct. Perhaps you should make it more clear that only people who think like you will enjoy their stay and list more of your beliefs and prejudices so that people like me who object to being judged by the self-righteous and don't wish to financially support the judgemental can indeed make sure we don't make the mistake of staying in your apartments.

Prostitution is illegal , it is an illegal activaty and most of the unit owner have requested that I have a policy like this. It is not uncommon for " clients " to get robbed and this will reflect on us and our staff.

"

You could have merely stated that the apartments are "family friendly and only registered guests can remain overnight". Instead you decided to include a diatribe in your marketing materials on the offensiveness of sex tourists and how everyone should agree with your view.

I'm a decent person and I don't agree with your view that I "should" agree with your policy or the way you present it to potential guests. I find it offensive that you think I should and by implication that by not agreeing I am by definition "indecent". Your statement also reinforces my initial disgust as you have made a presumption of me that I am a sex tourist and user of prostitutes purely because I object to your presumption. I find it offensive when any "moralist" tries to force their particular flavours of morality on others and judges others based only on their prejudices against anyone who disagrees with them.

The self-righteousness in your web site will probably attract plenty of guests who feel the way you do. But I feel sorry for any guests who accidentally stumble into your church without the full set of beliefs you judge as being correct. Perhaps you should make it more clear that only people who think like you will enjoy their stay and list more of your beliefs and prejudices so that people like me who object to being judged by the self-righteous and don't wish to financially support the judgemental can indeed make sure we don't make the mistake of staying in your apartments.

You are entitled to your opinion but let me point out again, we do not own all of the apartments and the owners of those we manage have expressed concern that this type of activity ( as its illegal ) would create problems with the other unit owners in the building.

Now please, if you wish to continue this unnecessary argument with me, please do so by PM as I have finished addressing this topic. I have a policy, you disagree with it. case closed.

"

You are entitled to your opinion but let me point out again, we do not own all of the apartments and the owners of those we manage have expressed concern that this type of activity ( as its illegal ) would create problems with the other unit owners in the building.

Now please, if you wish to continue this unnecessary argument with me, please do so by PM as I have finished addressing this topic. I have a policy, you disagree with it. case closed.

This is exactly what you can't seem to get. I don't disagree with your policy. What I disagree with is your self-righteous judgementalism about the policy.

I myself prefer to stay at family friendly places. This will probably come as a shock or you'll simply disbelieve it as anyone who doesn't think the way you do is obviously labelled in your mind as part of the indecent group.

I also find offensive your labelling of me as an "indecent" sex tourist because I disagree with your judgementalism

BTW, in case anyone hasn't clued you in yet, the only people to benefit from this ambiguous policy will be your Thai staff. Of course, none of the customers they extract this "benefit" from will ever return, but hey, not my business. (See how non-self-righteous and non-judgemental I am :o )

Q Can I bring “ Sex Workers “ back to the apartment ?

A We have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY towards sex tourism.

Prostitution even though notably visible in a lot of countries in Asia is against the law and illegal in Thailand.

"For your safety and personal health as well as the safety of the other tenants of the building you are strictly prohibited from bringing any Sex Workers / Bar Girls / Prostitutes ( of any sex ) back to the apartment.

It is the policy of Company to immediately evict any Guest at any hour of the day if they violate this rule . Their personal information will then be relayed to the Royal Thai Police and a copy of the report forwarded to their Embassy / Consulate.

Please be aware that the building security is obliged to notify us and the Police should you attempt to bring sex workers back to your apartment. The building for security purposes also has security cameras in the common areas.

Our insurance does NOT cover us, you or your personal belongings in the event of theft or damage done by a third party. You will be held full responsible and liable for any damage or theft to our property or the buildings property or common areas.

If the purpose of your visit to Chiang Mai is to be a sex tourist then we do not want your business and suggest you look elsewhere for accommodation."

AS SOMEONE ONCE SAID: "ANY COMMENT WOULD BE SUPERFLUOUS!"

The rule is a deterrant and hopefully that will be sufficient. It is a concern for the other unit owners in the buildings.

By the way, we also prohibit cats in the apartments, smoking as well as sleeping on the sofas.

I am sure that there are a few Pussy jokes there somewhere :o

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.. I can not take hookers to the room.. Fine. I can not take cats to the room. Fine. I can not smoke in the room. Also fine. But I can not sleep on the sofa?!?!?!?! That's where you just crossed the line!! :D

-Mestizo

But I can not sleep on the sofa?!?!?!?! That's where you just crossed the line!! :D

Agree that this may be over-regulating :o . Is the purpose to save the sofas from damage or to restrict the number of apartment occupants ?

The rest seems quite understandable to me, as a policy, as you appear to have apartments in a number of buildings with established owners and tenants, and no doubt some pressure has been placed upon you to assure them that your customers' presence will not prove disruptive (or more).

All in all a good option for many, I'd say.

Good luck with it all.

P.S. Was the part about pet-lovers being able to hamsters, gerbils and hedgehogs serious :D:D ?

Edited by sylviex

But I can not sleep on the sofa?!?!?!?! That's where you just crossed the line!! :D

Agree that this may be over-regulating :o . Is the purpose to save the sofas from damage or to restrict the number of apartment occupants ?

The rest seems quite understandable to me, as a policy, as you appear to have apartments in a number of buildings with established owners and tenants, and no doubt some pressure has been placed upon you to assure them that your customers' presence will not prove disruptive (or more).

All in all a good option for many, I'd say.

Good luck with it all.

P.S. Was the part about pet-lovers being able to hamsters, gerbils and hedgehogs serious :D:D ?

Hi,

The purpose of having a rule that our guests cannot sleep on the sofas is for the two reasons you mentioned. I have been in the business for a while and its not uncommon for 2/3 people to rent an apartment and then 5 of their friends all move in with them to share the costs.

Some of the apartments have leather sofas and the leather can be damaged and scratched by belt buckles and watches should people sleep on them.

We do offer a fold out bed with some units ( space providing ).

Regarding the gerbils and hedgehogs, I thought that some people would like this idea. I think it would be quite popular with pet lovers especially since we will provide all the food they need and do all the cage cleaning.

I regularly use services apartments, most often in Bangkok where I stay at apartments owned by the Somerset chain. Somerset is a fairly upmarket group of serviced apartments with a worldwide presence and a fairly high set of standards on all fronts. That having been said they have never found it necessary to put in print (or even verbalize) their preference that guests not allow sex workers as guests of a resident. I wonder why that is! I think you've stepped into a mine field with this one without completely thinking it through and the negative reaction to that policy statement is likely to outweigh any benefits that might be derived from it. Regardless, it's almost impossible to enforce anyway. You might be helping your business more by just eliminating the associated verbiage entirely and replacing it with something more subtle.

Regarding the gerbils and hedgehogs, I thought that some people would like this idea. I think it would be quite popular with pet lovers especially since we will provide all the food they need and do all the cage cleaning.

As I'm not a gerbil or hedgehog expert I did a quick google search. Although, both species seem to be popular as pets, hedgehogs aren't that easy to maintain. They can't handle climate and temperature changes and enclosed environments very well.

So, how are you going take care a hedgehog in an (enclosed) apartment. And how are you going to keep a stable temperature/climate in that apartment at all times?

Gerbils seem to be easier in their care, but then still they need more than just cleaning their cage, food and water.

Keeping animals as if they are part of the furniture? Wonder if many animals lovers agree with that concept.

Nienke

calling up the police and notifying the embassy/consulate of someone who has sex with a prostitute (if proved to be). IN Thai they have two words for these kind of people, "Kee Fong"

Your policies set forth are acceptable (the debatable ones). what is not acceptable is the tone you put it out at towards your customers. nevertheless i wish you all the best; only because you are a sponsor :o

I like how the rooms look like. I'd better pay more to stay in such nicely decorated room than in poor 400-Baht spartan guesthouse room. But what about pets? You can be kind to pet-owners and allow to bring them along. At least small ones.

I may have misread, is this the Vatican forum or a Thailand forum? The sex worker thing is because the apartment owners are concerned? Hmmm. Well, certainly not any apartment owners I ever met.

Again the same question as before, what buildings are we talking about here? At 32 sqm it isn't Rimping, Flora, Riverside, Hillside, Twin Peaks etc, ie the better buildings. Perhaps the Duantaong Condo on Loy Kroh, that one is 32? Generally these sizes are rundown Thai building where it is hard to imagine that there would be any facilities (short of functional stairs) nor any desire or remotest inclination by owners to enforce such a rule. Come on, fess up, this is your idea isn't it?

Agree with a previous poster, call it family friendly, that is some good marketing advice. Except of course if you are a fundamentalist religious based organisation?

So I am in Fang and my wifes brother picks up my brother to overnite in your apartment. 30 minutes later your staff have called the BiB to kick in the door and arrest them? Silly maybe, but possible on a misunderstanding.

Now you understand my opening post, listen to the feedback. And please don't bust UG and his llama if he ever stays as we will never hear the end of it.

Prostitution is illegal , it is an illegal activaty and most of the unit owner have requested that I have a policy like this. It is not uncommon for " clients " to get robbed and this will reflect our business and cause problems for our staff, the unit owner and the building.

"

Being a relative Thailand newbie(2 years) this is one question which I am confused about. Many have stated that "Prostitution" is illegal in Thailand. My question is does anyone have any data or anecdotal information about how many people have been arrested or prosecuted for obtaining of "sex for money" services? I have googled around and can't find anything except for sex with minors or an occasional katoey dragnet. Maybe some of the long time residents know of people who have been snared by the PoPo.

Being a relative Thailand newbie(2 years) this is one question which I am confused about. Many have stated that "Prostitution" is illegal in Thailand. My question is does anyone have any data or anecdotal information about how many people have been arrested or prosecuted for obtaining of "sex for money" services? I have googled around and can't find anything except for sex with minors or an occasional katoey dragnet. Maybe some of the long time residents know of people who have been snared by the PoPo.

I have never heard of it happening and doubt it ever would be enforced even if a complaint is made. There is to much money at stake. Below are some excerpts from Wiki and a link to more info on the matter.

"Estimates of the number of prostitutes in Thailand vary widely and are subject to controversy. One estimate published in 2003 placed the trade at US$ 4.3 billion per year, about three percent of the Thai economy. There are around 10,000 prostitutes in Koh Samui alone a place not usually associated with prostitution, and Thai officials have an uncomfortable relationship with this side of their country."

"After a police raid on some Bangkok parlours where policemen had sex with prostitutes, "Acting Suthisan Police chief Colonel Varanvas Karunyathat defended the police action, saying that the (police) officers involved needed to have sex with the masseuses to gain evidence for the arrest."[7] Apparently, this is standard practice as a separate police force did the same in Pattaya in May 2007."

And my personal favorite:

"Even more evidence of politicians supporting prostitution industry and the sexual habits of elderly Thai men in general is how Viagra is being given to elderly voters in exchange for their votes in an election drive."

$4.3 Billion Industry

So in short, what would happen if pu yai wanted to stay and bring his less than significant other?

Edited by mobs00