Having A Baby

Shotime

a mixed child will generate more income in the future for the family... i hope thats not what they/she is thinking.

how so? it's not guaranteed that all mixed kids are attractive and can be models. are u refering to bilingualism or something?

It seems in the public pysche over here that children of a mixed race will earn more money, although I am sure this is often not the case. Factors that will possibly contribute to them earning a higher wage include the bilingualism that you mentioned. I should also image they will benefit from growing up in a multi cultural environment so will possibly understand how to think 'outside of the box' more, something that many of us 'one culture' people are perhaps less able to do (although I am sure we all consider ourselves to be multi cultural as we live here, yet often heckle the Thais for how they are!). Then there is the greater ease and opportunity to travel, and perhaps even go to university overseas. As an employer here in Thailand all of those factors would definately make a candidate more attractive, and I would certainly consider paying them more if they had such skills to offer.

its an indisputable fact that attractive people earn more money, are more likely to get a job/position, etc.

bottom line is that poor people have children as a way of generating income. that is why the third world birth rates are astronomical compared to the west. mom needs someone to pay the bills when she is older, having a child is the insurance plan. having a mixed child is an even better plan.

gl.

Yes, and whilst the world is the way it is we should not frown upon it. We really can't expect Thailand to take the moral high ground whilst the elderly starve to death. Iincrease salaries, tax fairly, set up a welfare state, then watch birth rates come down. Dont expect birth rates to go down before people can be sure of their care when they are unable to take care of themselves. We have seen a century of state care in Europe, what precceded that was centuries of what goes on here in Thailand.

i am not complaining. i am just hoping they dont get thing right before i die.

I'm still not clear on what you're talking about

Don't need to know you, I've read your post. I happen to think the reason for conceiving a child is because the parents love each other and genuinely want to raise a child together in a loving environment where the child feels wanted and secure. Perhaps I am just old-fashioned.

You're not old-fashioned, just a little presumptive. I assume that's the environment you were raised in. Maybe, in that light, you can explain what you mean by Love.

I'm guessing that having a child in a foreign country with a hooker half your age is no ones definition of "Love".

a mixed child will generate more income in the future for the family... i hope thats not what they/she is thinking.

That would be a really good reason to bring a kid into this world. :o

Only if it is a girl !

C'mon OP, you are too old. She probably thinks you're loaded and wants a slice. I'd guess the best your pension would provide would be 50% for a wife or 25% for a kid. Is 25% of your pension enough ?

have some fun but don't bring another mouth into the world. Get the snip if you haven't already and in a few months you'll not have to worry about it.

You have not said whether YOU want a child.

Do you have some pressing need to procreate?

Will you be doing it to pander to the whim of your g/f?

Do you intend to live in Thailand fulltime?

What sort of assets (besides her aging body) does your g/f have?

Has your g/f the ability to generate an income other than from prostitution?

What is the state of the mental health of your g/f?

Who is going to look after & care for the child?

What is your health like? What are the odds of seeing this child's 10th birthday?

Do you expect your children to feel responsible or have an obligation to their 1/2 brother/sister when they find out the child is living in abject poverty after your death?

I think your question about the 'legal issues' is quite insignificant & of little consequence compared to the possible ramifications of proceeding with this.

You say that you have no assets - so there will be nothing to fight over when you die.

These are just a few questions, I am sure that there are plenty more.

I apologise if I appear harsh, but I suspect any future child will be in for a lifetime of suffering.

I am well aware of her biological clock, and her fantasies. She seems serious all of a sudden. I'm not sure I even like that.

I suppose you gave the answer yourself already...no need for further advice.

Wish you wisdom... :o

LaoPo

that is why TV forum discussions are so interesting...

questions and issues, no matter what kind or where you are coming from, are tackled multi-faceted only to go down to one thing...being a farang, farang vs. local, adjusting life to a different culture, mostly moral...... :D

very, very interesting indeed... :o

Oh yeh, she only works me when I'm here.

Do you understand what you said above you still view her as a prostitute, this has to be a troll seriously this all sounds wrong to me.

Dude stand back have a beer and look at the situation from an outside point of view, think about the type of lifestyle this child will have as the offspring of a prostitute.

Do you understand what you said above you still view her as a prostitute, this has to be a troll seriously this all sounds wrong to me.

Dude stand back have a beer and look at the situation from an outside point of view, think about the type of lifestyle this child will have as the offspring of a prostitute.

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute. Very sad. :o

She wants to settle down after her "working" period (she realises there are far younger girls on the meet market now and the competition is strong) and you want to have some fun at your old age. Why to have a baby though? Just pay her the money, support her family, why to create another mouth to feed? Also don't forget, that in your age the baby might come up not so healthy due to the age problem (in spite of what people think that it is only women's problem).

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute. Very sad. :D

Surely you have some statistics to back up this wild statement?

Thousands of foreign guys come to Thailand and fall in lust with a bargirl (prostitute). They marry or live with the girl and have a kid. The kid is the product of a prostitute and has to live with the stigma. It's not rocket science. :o

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute. Very sad. :D

Thousands of foreign guys come to Thailand and fall in lust with a bargirl (prostitute). They marry or live with the girl and have a kid. The kid is the product of a prostitute and has to live with the stigma. It's not rocket science. :o

I repeat again, i assume you have some statistics to back this up? Where are you getting this "Thousands of foreign guys..." or are we supposed to believe you actually know over 1,000 foreign men who are married/living with a bargirl?

In reality, i'd be surprised if you knew more than a handful of men in this situation.

She wants to settle down after her "working" period (she realises there are far younger girls on the meet market now and the competition is strong) and you want to have some fun at your old age. Why to have a baby though? Just pay her the money, support her family, why to create another mouth to feed? Also don't forget, that in your age the baby might come up not so healthy due to the age problem (in spite of what people think that it is only women's problem).

Sound advice. Why, indeed. I guess the only answer would be a selfish one.

This is not a made-up situation. I was not looking for anyones take on how I view this woman, and I was up-front about her vocation. I know that there are other words for her type of work. Sorry if I offended any of you moralists with my choice of words.

I repeat again, i assume you have some statistics to back this up? Where are you getting this "Thousands of foreign guys..." or are we supposed to believe you actually know over 1,000 foreign men who are married/living with a bargirl?

In reality, i'd be surprised if you knew more than a handful of men in this situation.

I have cause to visit a bilingual school a couple of times per week. This school has over 1,000 students of which, approx. 75% are of mixed-race. There are many, many such bilingual schools throughout Thailand.

As I said before, it's not rocket science - just simple mathematics :D

And I know more than a handful of men in this situation - they live on my estate.

No legal issues?? Give me a break. Number one is that you are not married to her. On her side, she should worry if you get tired of the whole deal & decide to walk away from it. Does she have the money to get a lawyer & pursue you (to your country) for support? I suppose you are going to register yourself as the legitimate Father on any such birth records? In such case, does this baby have rights to citizenship in your country, since you never were legally married to the Mother? What about your pension benefits? In almost all cases, she has no rights to this, if she was not your legal wife. Are you sure you want to hear a screaming baby at 3 AM, when your 60+ years of age. You could croak in a few years & the baby will be a toddler with no Father & the Mother not much prospect to earning any real income and her chances for marrying diminished, since she is saddled with a child, a "mixed" one to boot. If you need this to certify your manhood, "up to you". If it were me, I wouldn't ever consider it.

I have cause to visit a bilingual school a couple of times per week. This school has over 1,000 students of which, approx. 75% are of mixed-race. There are many, many such bilingual schools throughout Thailand.

As I said before, it's not rocket science - just simple mathematics :o

And I know more than a handful of men in this situation - they live on my estate.

So all the mixed-race kids at this school have a prostitute for a mother?

Don't you think it's more likely that most mixed-race kids at the school do not have a prostitute for a mother.

The point is you have no idea how many have a prostitute for a mother, and thus should not be throwing out claims like:

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute

Unless you have some kind of valid source, (other than "there's a bunch of blokes on my estate married to prozzies" and "I've visited a school that has a bunch of mixed kids")

In fact I fail to see how:

"I have cause to visit a bilingual school a couple of times per week. This school has over 1,000 students of which, approx. 75% are of mixed-race."

Bolsters your original claim at all?

No legal issues?? Give me a break. Number one is that you are not married to her. On her side, she should worry if you get tired of the whole deal & decide to walk away from it. Does she have the money to get a lawyer & pursue you (to your country) for support? I suppose you are going to register yourself as the legitimate Father on any such birth records? In such case, does this baby have rights to citizenship in your country, since you never were legally married to the Mother? What about your pension benefits? In almost all cases, she has no rights to this, if she was not your legal wife. Are you sure you want to hear a screaming baby at 3 AM, when your 60+ years of age. You could croak in a few years & the baby will be a toddler with no Father & the Mother not much prospect to earning any real income and her chances for marrying diminished, since she is saddled with a child, a "mixed" one to boot. If you need this to certify your manhood, "up to you". If it were me, I wouldn't ever consider it.

You are totally correct in what you are saying, but I think in the context of what the OP is asking, the 'legal issues' become insignificant when compared to the 'moral issues' with respect to the position of the OP. The 'legal issues' will become the problem of the the lady & resulting child, because the OP will be dead (brutal but honest) or gone. It seems to me that this whole matter is an exercise self indulgence, despite the somewhat irrational desire of said lady to have his baby.

Don't you think it's more likely that most mixed-race kids at the school do not have a prostitute for a mother.

The point is you have no idea how many have a prostitute for a mother, and thus should not be throwing out claims like:

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute

Unless you have some kind of valid source, (other than "there's a bunch of blokes on my estate married to prozzies" and "I've visited a school that has a bunch of mixed kids")

"I have cause to visit a bilingual school a couple of times per week. This school has over 1,000 students of which, approx. 75% are of mixed-race."

The school is known locally as "The Prostitute's school"!! Maybe you see now.

Just out of curiosity, are you new to Thailand - or are you even here? :D

Just curious, but is The Prostitute's School any good. It sounds as if it's a private school, or is it just that all the working girls who have babies with old farangs who die on them live in that neighborhood.

Edited by Shotime

Just curious, but is The Prostitute's School any good. It sounds as if it's a private school, or is it just that all the working girls who have babies with old farangs who die on them live in that neighborhood.

The school is on a par with any other private school in Thailand (make what you want out of that comment!).

Don't you know, working girls who have babies with old farangs do not all live in one neighborhood :D

Don't need to think too deeply in Thailand.

Baby = someone to support me in my old age (= over 50 for Thai peasantry)

Baby = money from father from now to old age (36 to 50)

Look khreung baby = white skin = good (+ more money)

Baby = cute = good

That's really about it.

• 4 weeks later...
Don't need to think too deeply in Thailand.

Baby = someone to support me in my old age (= over 50 for Thai peasantry)

Baby = money from father from now to old age (36 to 50)

Look khreung baby = white skin = good (+ more money)

Baby = cute = good

That's really about it.

Good thing for you that you don't have to think too deeply, but baby's are cute.

Most of the mixed kids out here have to live with the fact that their mother is/was a prostitute. Very sad. :o

does not even justify comment

I appreciate the response, but I wasn't asking for your opinion. I'm also not exactly sure why you say that. You know me?

If you weren't asking for opinions, then why pose a question on a public forum other than to gain opinions ?

I appreciate the response, but I wasn't asking for your opinion. I'm also not exactly sure why you say that. You know me?

If you weren't asking for opinions, then why pose a question on a public forum other than to gain opinions ?

You're quoting out of context, and who's asking you anyway?

You're quoting out of context, and who's asking you anyway?

You are, as per your original question. It was an open question wasn't it as I never detected that it was for specific people ?