Me and my gf plan to get married next October 2005 then going to Oz in March 2006. But i was thinking that we could sign the papers in January 2005 and have a big wedding in Oct. But i was wondering will this make it easier for her to get a visa if we are married in January and then apply 6 months later instead of getting married October and then apply straight away. Im a Oz resident and have friends who will get me a job offer and also sponsor her if need be as i dont have the funds myself. Would someone advise me if this is a good idea?

don't know if this is of any help to you jockstar..but i knew 2 blokes..the first went to thailand for 3 days..went back 3 months later and married the girl he stayed with for those 3 days..the 2nd bloke i know went for 10 days..returned 3 weeks later and married the girl he was with...both these girls are in australia now..apart from the red tape..both visa were granted no problem...surprisingly bot these blokes are leading happily married lives now..

another thing..if your not planning your wife to come here till 2006..although theres no time frame on how long the visa will take to process...once the visa is granted..that person has to enter australia within 6 weeks(i think..but theres definately a time frame)or else her visa becomes void

• 2 weeks later...
Me and my gf plan to get married next October 2005 then going to Oz in March 2006
If my mate guarantees her, what will he have to do?

I am a tad confused..............if you are marrying her, why cant you guarantee her?? Why does it have to be "your mate"? :o

Me and my gf plan to get married next October 2005 then going to Oz in March 2006
If my mate guarantees her, what will he have to do?
I am a tad confused..............if you are marrying her, why cant you guarantee her?? Why does it have to be "your mate"? :o

He has no money or job. :D