Nimby

disgruntled

What does it mean? Take a guess. What do you think of the the ever-growing societies on boards like this. Some people have been around a long time and others have just arrived. I've been reading this forum since way back even though I have a new name now. I haven't posted or read much here lately but today going through a few posts I see much more nasty interaction between members on the threads I've looked at. Are things changing? What will time bring to this board? Will the longtimers stake their ground? Will people hang on forever as leaders? Will people get bored or will a new internet sensationtake the place of forums like this? Could the number of posters here double or triple or quadruple with Thaivisa still being Thaivisa? Will new site managers(our government) in the coming years/decades relax the forums rules or tighten them? What do you think will become of this place?

NIMBY just came to mind. Everyone wants things to be the way they like it. The people who have been here a while have more support when in disagreements. Newcomers will have a different experience as time goes by if they make friends. I've always thought that there are some different groups of people here who know each other. The old timers that hang out in this section might not know much about the people in sports unless they are into sports. The sports section is full of real diehard sports people in my view. I wonder how divided things could get with 500 new people posting.

BTW Jet There was another acronym for something like 'The last one in close the door'

Hmmmmmmmmm.................I can think of another acronym.........TANFA...........There Ain't No Alternative

Look around, tell me if you find another forum that's a tenth as good or as well-used as Thaivisa.

Me, I'm happy...........I could be in Thailand, then I'd be happier. As it is, I'm in chilly Britain 'til next Jan when I an get to the LOS again. I've just cooked a nice green curry & chilli fried prawns, so I;m happy

We all have to do the best we can.