Flights To Uk At Christmas

Emxily

Can anyone tell me where to go for the cheapest flights to London at Christmas time? Maybe early decmeber returning late decemeber or early January?

Or any websites that do good searches or travel agents you can recommened??

Thanks everyone :o

I too am in the market for flights to the UK, but in July. I've just run a quick search on 3 of the websites quotes so far in this forum and they are more expensive than the travel agents in Bangkok (i.e. Six Stars travel).

ummm.... so book with Six Stars Travel? Dohhh!

The recommendation of ebookers and opodo is not very good for a flight leaving from Thailand. Local agents are always cheaper so while the likes of ebookers is great for a LON-BKK return ticket it's overpriced for a BKK-LON ticket. I too would be interested in a Thai website similar to ebookers but I think the local agents in Thailand are on such small margins that you're unlikely to get anything cheaper on the web compared to just popping in to your nearest travel agent.

Unnecessary response there.... My post was for the benefit of the Op... further to that, having used Six stars travel a number of times I’ve found them one of the better travel agents for getting flights.

Yeah I was being a smartsarse, sorry.

The website airfare search can be a lottery, especially during peak seasons. However, a United online rep once advised me to check bookings within a few hours of the airlines local 'midnight' as any holds and unconfirmed reservations are canceled and seats become available. For example, I could not get the 'special' fare on the UA website while I was checking in the evening Thai time (mid-morning US time), however, I logged on a couple of days later at 2 pm Bangkok time (after midnight in CST) and there was the fare I wanted.

You can take the scattergun approach and use Kayak.com (and similar) that search most airline systems and the regular airticket webs. Or you can use amadeus.net first to get an idea of what airlines are available for your itinerary and then check on any listed airlines individual website. Sometimes, there are bargains and 'web specials' that the airline only issues and note that kayak does not access all available airlines.

Appreciate the info on Six Stars. It's good to get a good reference for possible future use. I think Bangkok and Thailand is still one of the few places where a good airfare deal is available through the local travel agent.

Edited by NanLaew