Thai/british

Hiya Allm,

my Son will be returning to Thailand soon. He has a British passport but not his Thai one. His passport will be stamped on the way into Thailand, however I wish to apply for his Thai passport while in Thailand.

Will he be OK to overstay as long as his Thai passport comes in time. Does his thai Birth Certificate exempt him for overstay fees etc?

Please Advise. Thanks CC :o

Hiya Allm,

my Son will be returning to Thailand soon. He has a British passport but not his Thai one. His passport will be stamped on the way into Thailand, however I wish to apply for his Thai passport while in Thailand.

Will he be OK to overstay as long as his Thai passport comes in time. Does his thai Birth Certificate exempt him for overstay fees etc?

Please Advise. Thanks CC :o

i think you would be better sorting this out with the thai embassy in london.

Hi,

I disagree, I think if he gets his Thai passport while in Thailand as he holds a Thai Birth Cert as well as British he should h=get one ok. He can use his Thai passport in and out of Thailand and his British one in and out of the U.K.

I need advice on the stamp that will be put in his passport on arrival, as he will use his Thai one on exit....also how long does it take to get a Thai passport in Khon Kaen and what docs are needed?

Thanks for reply though it was a good suggestion.

:o

Hiya Allm,

Please Advise. Thanks CC :D

Hi,

I disagree, I think if he gets his Thai passport while in Thailand as he holds a Thai Birth Cert as well as British he should h=get one ok. He can use his Thai passport in and out of Thailand and his British one in and out of the U.K.

I need advice on the stamp that will be put in his passport on arrival, as he will use his Thai one on exit....also how long does it take to get a Thai passport in Khon Kaen and what docs are needed?

:o

Hiya Allm,

i don't know about khon kaen, i got my daughters in pinklao bkk, my passport was needed, the wifes id card and birth certificate, and all the babys papers, i think we applied in person on a friday morning and was told to collect about a week later, something like that anyway.

Edited by bigbri73

Hi Bri,

thanks for the prompt reply. Ok I think I have all those things. By baby papers do you mean Thai Birth Certificate or Tabien Baan? Aslo do you have the Pinklao address?

Hi,

:D

Hiya Allm,

i don't know about khon kaen, i got my daughters in pinklao bkk, my passport was needed, the wifes id card and birth certificate, and all the babys papers, i think we applied in person on a friday morning and was told to collect about a week later, something like that anyway.

the pinklao office is close to the southern bus terminal above the central shopping centre, as you go into the shopping centre keep heading upwards and you will pick up english signs to the passport office. its in like an office block above the shops.

as for the papers we just took everything we had.

Edited by bigbri73

Hi Mossy,

My Son is Thai/British it seems that thread is about a farang child? I only want to clarify does the stamp need removed on exit on the British Passport and is it ok to use the Thai one on exit along with the British one?

Thanks

Look at this Thread there are others, but I can't find them right now, an infant will be OK on overstay, but how will it affect future implications, I do not know.

Moss

Edited by drummachine

He has a British passport but not his Thai one. His passport will be stamped on the way into Thailand,

So he will be stamped in on the Brit PP?

Will he be OK to overstay as long as his Thai passport comes in time.

Don't worry, there appears to be little sanction against an overstay Minor.

Does his thai Birth Certificate exempt him for overstay fees etc?

I believe the fees to be little, if any, other than that, I do not know whether his Thai B.C will exempt him, either way it doesn't matter.

My Son is Thai/British it seems that thread is about a farang child?

He is entering on a Brit PP?

I only want to clarify does the stamp need removed on exit on the British Passport and is it ok to use the Thai one on exit along with the British one?

Not sure what you mean here, I believe you can't remove a stamp once issued.

And yes it is OK to use the Thai PP on exit from Thailand, Brit PP on entry to UK, Brit PP on exit from UK and Thai PP on entry to Thailand. But you will more than likely need both passports at check-in.

I hope I have understood your query?

Moss

I am sorry if I have missed something here Drum

I'm a dual national, Thai and Australian.

If your son enters Thailand on his UK passport, he'll be stamped in for 30 days and subject to Thailands immigration rules. Fortunately, thai immigtation waves overstay fines, so for the time being, he can stay as long as he needs to, but this relaxation of the rules appears to be completely at the discretion of immigration folk.

I highly recommend that if you are coming to Thailand for an extended period of time, that you get the Thai PP issued at the embassy in the UK before departure.

If you choose to have the passport issued in Thailand, you will required to have your child entered on the family house book at the ampur first, before the PP can be issued. You will need the childs Thai birth certificate for this, which you'll need to get from the Thai embassy in the UK anyway (assuming that your child was born in the UK).

Hi Samran,

My child was born in Thailand, so I have the Thai cert. Alsio he is already on the family book. Can I gfo into a local immigration office and get him stamped out and then just return on the Thai passport?

Thanks All replies. :o

If your son enters Thailand on his UK passport, he'll be stamped in for 30 days and subject to Thailands immigration rules. Fortunately, thai immigtation waves overstay fines, so for the time being, he can stay as long as he needs to, but this relaxation of the rules appears to be completely at the discretion of immigration folk.

I highly recommend that if you are coming to Thailand for an extended period of time, that you get the Thai PP issued at the embassy in the UK before departure.

If you choose to have the passport issued in Thailand, you will required to have your child entered on the family house book at the ampur first, before the PP can be issued. You will need the childs Thai birth certificate for this, which you'll need to get from the Thai embassy in the UK anyway (assuming that your child was born in the UK).

Hi Samran,

My child was born in Thailand, so I have the Thai cert. Alsio he is already on the family book. Can I gfo into a local immigration office and get him stamped out and then just return on the Thai passport?

Thanks All replies. :o

no, you'll need to physically depart Thailand on the brit and then at re-enter on the thai.

Given that your child will be exempted from over stay, there is no real rush to do so.